Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? (3913 Views)

Oshiomhole Opening Car Door For Ibikunle Amosun (Photo) / Ibikunle Amosun Surrenders 1000 AK47 Rifles, 4000 Bullets / "Please Don't Disgrace Me Here" - Governor Ibikunle Amosun Begs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by toluxa1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
It has been long I have been wondering and trying to ask exactly what religion Gov Amosun of Ogun state practices exactly. The tin dey confuse me.. I can remember several times seeing him praying in the Mosque and I have also seen him several times in church programs. Just now I am watching Channels TV, Ogun state Carol and He was just called up to read the second bible reading. He read it and started a sought of mini preaching sef, quoting scriptures. See picture below and I tried to dig up his picture online on Sallah day praying in Yidi.

Same thing with Sen Abike Dabiri too, she is in the Carol right now and I have seen her in many church programs, always thought she is a Christian sef only to see her fully engaged in an islamic ceremony sometimes ago. Are they practicing both Christianity and Islam?

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by NCP: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
That is Why the South West is very stable and prosperous today.

No religious misunderstanding.

North, SS and SE can learn more.
Prospective PHD students and researchers in relevant disciplines may want to learn more.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Sealeddeal(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
He is a true human.
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by LordHiffy(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
most Nigerian politicians are TRADICHRISLAM. TRADI-CHRIS-LAM

1 Like

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Angeleena(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
u suppose know,afonjas have no religion..they don't belong to Christianity, nor Islam...that's the major reason a typical hausa-muslim man,would never allow am afonja to lead prayers, where he is.

4 Likes

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by MrHistorian: 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
Angeleena:
u suppose know,afonjas have no religion
And you people that have religion. . How well has it translated to sustainable economic growth in your region?

Your kinsmen lead all drug trafficking syndicates all over the world.

Back to the topic. . Less emphasis are laid on Religious inclinations in the SW,Everyone is seen as a human,religion is secondary.

We believe our religion is internal and God is accessible to all.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by KardinalZik(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Any leader in a secular setting with much religious inclination will never succeed.

In politics and administration, the general beliefs are summed up thus:

"GOD HAS NO RELIGION - Gandhi"

"RELIGION IS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES - Marx"; therefore, make the masses religious, but don't be religious [yourself].

1 Like

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Sammy07: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
Angeleena:
u suppose know,afonjas have no religion

A good reply was given Below

MrHistorian:

And you people that have religion. . How well has it translated to sustainable economic growth in your region?

Your kinsmen lead all drug trafficking syndicates all over the world.

Back to the topic. . Less emphasis are laid on Religious inclinations in the SW,Everyone is seen as a human,religion is secondary.

We believe our religion is internal and God is accessible to all.

Nice Response...
NCP:
That is Why the South West is very stable and prosperous today.

No religious misunderstanding.

North, SS and SE can learn more.
Prospective PHD students and researchers in relevant disciplines may want to learn more.

Seconded....

10 Likes

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Godwinfury(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
The belief in one God, one people, one governance, one nation and one truth, that's all that matter, religion is simply a philosophy, it doesn't matter if it was brought by Jesus, or Mohammed, they all lead to God.
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by deji17: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Like many Yorubas, the man no dey carry Oyinbo man and Arab religion for head like some other tribes in Nigeria. The only qualms I have with Amosun is that the man no dey come Masquerade festival (Odun Egungun, Sango etc). When it comes to religious tolerance, an average Yoruba man no get problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by olasaad(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
deji17:
Like many Yorubas, the man no dey carry Oyinbo man and Arab religion for head like some other tribes in Nigeria. The only qualms I have with Amosun is that the man no dey come Masquerade festival (Odun Egungun, Sango etc). When it comes to religious tolerance, an average Yoruba man no get problem.

You too can represent him in that area so that there won't be a problem with you and other people like you who think the same

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by deji17: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
olasaad:

You too can represent him in that area so that there won't be a problem with you and other people like you who think the same

Sis, you too can represent him there. Let us appreciate our own nau.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by gracewealth007(f): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
I wonder too.

@ lalasticlala
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by saintvc(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
belonging to one religion is a problem.we should all be irreligious or belong to all religion.
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Okoyeeboz: 12:02am On Dec 23, 2017
Angeleena:
u suppose know,afonjas have no religion..they don't belong to Christianity, nor Islam...that's the major reason a typical hausa-muslim man,would never allow am afonja to lead prayers, where he is.

You worship Idemili, worship python, worship amadioha, worship Eke, worship trees and vultures but talk nonsense about others.

The only religion your people worship wholeheartedly is crime. You devote your lives to crime and are encouraged to undertake pilgrimages to prisons. Those executed for crimes are regarded as martyrs and heroes.

Guess what? Igbos are the only tribe in the world who have adopted crime as their religion.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Sprumbabafather: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2017
deji17:

And still they carry this confused religious identity to open RCCG, Winners and others?

People, be careful where you worship. Some spirits may have followed the man praying for you from other shrines, religions.
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Gazzy88(m): 12:20am On Dec 23, 2017
Amosun is a Muslim with a xtian wifey. The first Muslim governor in Ogun state. Meanwhile here in SW every sitting governor is tolerant to all religion as the case may be ,besides the said Carol program wasn't held in the church. The venue was Cultural Centre kuto Abeokuta. Hope I'm cleared the air on the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by deji17: 12:54am On Dec 23, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

And still they carry this confused religious identity to open RCCG, Winners and others?

People, be careful where you worship. Some spirits may have followed the man praying for you from other shrines, religions.
Where is your identity? Be proud of your ancestry and heritage, Your great grand parent worshipped Amadioha. Be proud of them.Mohammed is Arab, the picture of Jesus that we've seen is white. The devil is depicted as black, black objects represent bad or evil (wearing black when bereaved, blackmail, blacklist etc) and you are confused where is your place in all this? Where is your identity? Brainwashed?
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Sprumbabafather: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2017
deji17:
Where is your identity? Be proud of your ancestry and heritage, Your great grand parent worshipped Amadioha. Be proud of them.Mohammed is Arab, the picture of Jesus that we've seen is white. The devil is depicted as black, black objects represent bad or evil (wearing black when bereaved, blackmail, blacklist etc) and you are confused where is your place in all this? Where is your identity? Brainwashed?

And your point is that Adeboye , Ashimolowo, TB Joshua and kumuyi should become proud of their original religion, close down the ATM centers they opened and free the masses to worship their original religions? grin
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by deji17: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

And your point is that Adeboye , Ashimolowo, TB Joshua and kumuyi should become proud of their original religion, close down the ATM centers they opened and free the masses to worship their original religions? grin

It's a free world. Adeboye, Oyedepo and thers can practice Christianity or any religion that suits them. Have you asked the Pope to close down the vatican? Nna, nobody force any of you to worship anywhere. How about those Eboe in prisons all over the world for one crime or the other? What do you think is their religion?
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by aybabz101: 5:45am On Dec 23, 2017
hw can one open a whole thread jst to ask about amosuns region? ha!
Re: Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion? by Hhenryy: 6:48am On Dec 23, 2017
toluxa1:
It has been long I have been wondering and trying to ask exactly what religion Gov Amosun of Ogun state practices exactly. The tin dey confuse me.. I can remember several times seeing him praying in the Mosque and I have also seen him several times in church programs. Just now I am watching Channels TV, Ogun state Carol and He was just called up to read the second bible reading. He read it and started a sought of mini preaching sef, quoting scriptures. See picture below and I tried to dig up his picture online on Sallah day praying in Yidi.

Same thing with Sen Abike Dabiri too, she is in the Carol right now and I have seen her in many church programs, always thought she is a Christian sef only to see her fully engaged in an islamic ceremony sometimes ago. Are they practicing both Christianity and Islam?

From those pictures, I can say he is a Christian. You can see the cap he put on at the eid prayer ground, that's not the type devout Muslims put on especially during that type of occasion, no matter your personality. Look at the man directly behind him with a white skull cap, thats the type I'm talking about.

(1) (Reply)

Watch How Crowd Reject APC At A Rally In Buharis Home State / Mr Macaroni Is An Igbo Man ?? / Joe Igbokwe Reacts After Peter Obi Made A Mistake During An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.