Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,367 members, 7,853,640 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

Another Senator Dies. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Senator Dies. (957 Views)

Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo] / Another Senator Withdraws Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / Another Senator Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Senator Dies. by cmonsence: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2010
Senator Kawu Peto Dukku representing Gombe North Senatorial District is dead. He died on Friday in Kaduna, Senate spokesman, Senator Ayogu Eze, announced in a terse press statement yesterday.

Dukku, who was a speaker of the Gombe State House of Assembly died exactly two days after his colleague, also from Gombe State, Senator Tawar Wada, died at the National Hospital, Abuja.

Dukku was largely a quiet senator who rarely spoke at Senate plenary. He was last in the Senate on Wednesday during the screening of the ministerial nominees during which he asked a question.

Dukku, 52, was a member of the Senate Committees on Aviation, Sports, States and Local Governments among others.

He was buried in Gombe yesterday according to Islamic rites.

With the death of the two senators from Gombe State, Senator Idris Umar (PDP, Gombe Central) is the only senator representing the state in the Senate.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2010
Sad news, how old was he ?
Re: Another Senator Dies. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2010
frosbel:

Sad news, how old was he ?
obviously you didnt read the post. he was 52 ok! may his gentle soul rest RIP.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by cmonsence: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

Dukku, 52, was a member of the Senate Committees on Aviation, Sports, States and Local Governments among others.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by IbrahimB: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
@frosbel

cmonsence:

He was 52. Having troubles reading?  undecided
RIP
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

You seem to have an attitude, who asked you
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2010
IbrahimB:

@frosbel

He was 52. Having troubles reading?  undecided
RIP

I guess your right, I need glassses.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by chidichris(m): 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2010
i don't see this as a sad news because we have been praying that God shld visit all those who have refused to let us into our inherited wealths.
my worry is on why they are dying one by one, it shld be 2 or 3 a day.
God pls kill all those who want us dead through suffering and hardship as organised by their stupid governance.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Ramsay(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2010
Well its a pity but there is no way we can rewind the clock hand backward.soldier go soldier come.

Re: Another Senator Dies. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2010
frosbel:

You seem to have an attitude, who asked you  

this is a forum my guy, ask and you shall be told. its not my fault you cant read properly.

chidichris:

i don't see this as a sad news because we have been praying that God shld visit all those who have refused to let us into our inherited wealths.
God pls kill all those who want us dead through suffering and hardship as organised by their silly governance.

haba! chidichris lets give the dead some respect.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Beaf: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2010
chidichris:

God pls kill all those who want us dead through suffering and hardship as organised by their silly governance.

Damn! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Another Senator Dies. by oderemo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2010
RIP
@CHIDICHRIS, i will have a word or two with GOD on your request. just be patient. cool cool cool
Re: Another Senator Dies. by presido1: 1:25pm On Apr 04, 2010
chidichris:

This isn't funny but funny enuf that is what Nigeria needs right now. Now that he has gone may God forgive him and give him rest. Thats the only prayer i can offer.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by redsun(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
Some nigerians are confused,instead of celebrating the death of the animals they tend to wish them RIP in hell.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by cmonsence: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2010
redsun:

Some nigerians are confused,instead of celebrating the death of the animals they tend to wish them RIP in hell.

Too harsh shocked shocked
Re: Another Senator Dies. by DeepSoul(f): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2010
chidichris:

Lwkmd grin

I feel your pain bro, but on the other hand, we really don't know the particular person(s) who have refused to let us into our inherited wealths. It's very easy to generalise and call all of them thieves. But realistically, there are some, albeit very few, whose hands are clean.

For that singular reason, I refuse to share the same opinion with you. He just might have been one of the innocent ones.
Who knows undecided
Re: Another Senator Dies. by hardywaltz(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2010
What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.
RIP
Re: Another Senator Dies. by ReachRich(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2010
There is more to these deaths.2 senators from the same state dying within a space of 48hrs.Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Another Senator Dies. by chiozor: 11:32am On Apr 05, 2010
good development!
Re: Another Senator Dies. by Nigerd(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ramsay:

Well its a pity but there is no way we can rewind the clock hand backward.soldier go soldier come.

Why u put ur picture? tell me
Re: Another Senator Dies. by marvix(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2010
Life is a gift frm God so I wish their families d fortitude to bear d losses.

All dose who hav bin askin 2 c Yaradua because he is national property shld start asking that they snap d corpses of our national senators so we can have evidence dat they are actually dead.

What I find intriguin nd interestin is dat pple who were waitin 4 Yaradua 2 die so dat d nation can move 4ward, are actually leavin him behind. We kip hearin news or is it rumor dat sick Yaradua is gettin beta but healthy senators and politicians are d ones dieing, what an irony.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Blasts Tinubu Over Efcc Problem ! / Nigerian Soldiers Father A State In Liberia! / Angry Youths Stone Gov Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.