Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House (37585 Views)

Anthony Okolie: Hanan Buhari’s Sim Card Made DSS Detain Me For 10 Weeks / Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra / Jide Tinubu: Condolence Register Begins At Bola Tinubu's Mother's House (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Peterosky(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
Just speechless. some comments here are so annoying. A mother who is a witch could not have allowed him to have attained this political height. And as such, the commissioner is simply wicked.Ok,lets assume the mother is a witch according to some comments here, are all his brothers and their wives also witches and wizards? and if they are, how on earth would he have survived? What is wrong is wrong. This man is not supposed to be in government. He is simply the devil himself.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Coldfeets: 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
absolute power corrupts absolutely...
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Martin0(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
i was just been sacarstic! grin most Africans believe in witches. i am just Amazed that they didn't claim the woman is a witch in this case

Exactly
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by chisom675(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
congo4ka:
Madam u sure sey u no be winsh undecided
Even if she's a witch as u said, wat abt his siblings including his brothers wife he beat n injured,I guess all of em are witches too...no matter what "FAMILY FIRST"
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by congo4ka: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
chisom675:

Even if she's a witch as u said, wat abt his siblings including his brothers wife he beat n injured,I guess all of em are witches too...no matter what "FAMILY FIRST"

1 Like

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by loomer: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ordinary commissioner

Wey be say unless him steal money him go poor
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by safarigirl(f): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
Me I just want to know what the other kids are doing with their lives and why they were all living in their father's house and starting families there?

Did the guy tie their destinies that they couldn't at least have some decent living by themselves?

1 Like

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Xisnin(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
nothernstar:
are you saying what you know or just blabbing. Your comment shows that you don't know the law or custom of those ppl. I encourage you to keep quiet when you are not sure else you keep yourself for attack and ridicule.

I stated the fact.
Ignorant people like you should stay off my mention.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Xisnin(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
Me I just want to know what the other kids are doing with their lives and why they were all living in their father's house and starting families there?

Did the guy tie their destinies that they couldn't at least have some decent living by themselves?
They can live anywhere they chose, it is their father's house and they have a right to it.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Igolasko: 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Honourable commissioner have you just aware you had another real mother which "this old woman " had occupied her place and denied you her motherly care ? Or a prophet revealed to you is after to snatch life from you if you fail to treat her in this way ? Or your wife has cast spell on you to hate her to kill?
If not May I insinuate you had been eating and dining with first born of evil ,Okoro Hausa you have to make a returns. Your mother is for the sacrifice?
Oh no ! You shall reap what you sow in multiple folds. Whether is your mother or not .For a young person that wants to grow old must not deny the elderly ones the use of he/ her walking stick. Your elders are warning you before is too late. Go and beg for forgiveness.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by safarigirl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xisnin:

They can live anywhere they chose, it is their father's house and they have a right to it.
well, now they've been kicked out, so much for their 'right'....maybe if they had bothered to build theirs, one bully brother wouldn't have kicked them out.

There is nothing like something that belongs to you, your father's property can never be your property nor your sweat

1 Like

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by DerideGull(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xisnin:
This is what you get with a culture that unfairly wills all a father's properties
to the first son as if he has two heads.
To make matters worst women in the family, including the mother are
treated like nobody and they have no say or inheritance from their
late father's property.They are usually at the mercy of the first son.

Good you remembered the first son part. Are you also going to criticize the same culture when the first son is called upon to perform certain rites for the dead father because he is the first son? There is nothing wrong with the culture however everything is wrong with people who tend to become counterculture by playing idiotic politics of the day. I can assure you there is more to political affiliation to this matter than the culture.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by baby124: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
Is it not the mother that raised him? She probably raised him to think himself a lion and treat his siblings with contempt. Now the seed that has been sown has germinated. Hia you are.

If you raise your kids to have compassion and love for each other, no matter how mad, he won’t do this. This is a household of entitlement, abuse and competition. Now water don pass garri, they are crying. This pikin no get conscience o mama. Better one chance pikin. Extremist child.

I am sure he will not want such to happen to his own wife. But he can do it to his mother. His wife should be ashamed of herself because she will suffer for her husbands bad deeds. Once he dies, she will see fire o. Especially if another sibling rises to prominence.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by maisauki: 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Come,Mr Commissioner, ....

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Xisnin(m): 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
well, now they've been kicked out, so much for their 'right'....maybe if they had bothered to build theirs, one bully brother wouldn't have kicked them out.

There is nothing like something that belongs to you, your father's property can never be your property nor your sweat

Even if they had built theirs, the usurper commissioner has no right to
take sole control of the properties. I just hope they can afford a good lawyer.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Xisnin(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
DerideGull:

Good you remembered the first son part. Are you also going to criticize the same culture when the first son is called upon to perform certain rites for the dead father because he is the first son? There is nothing wrong with the culture however everything is wrong with people who tend to become counterculture by playing idiotic politics of the day. I can assure you there is more to political affiliation to this matter than the culture.

Power corrupts people. When you give total control to a person because
he is the first born, he will likely abuse such power.
If you have lived in the east, you will know that this case is not isolated
and has nothing to do with politics because some siblings, uncles and mothers
who are not politicians also engage in inheritance war whenever the first
son try to assert his "sole right" to his father's properties.

The injustice must stop.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by safarigirl(f): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xisnin:

Even if they had built theirs, the usurper commissioner has no right to
take sole control of the properties. I just hope they can afford a good lawyer.
and you think the commissioner cannot pay off a judge in Imo?

Anyway, if they can't afford a house of their own, I doubt they can afford a good lawyer

1 Like

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by BiggyBamBam: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
whonamehelp:
craze country

It's not a "craze country" but a crazed Igbo man.
Igbo people love materials things like mad; little wonder they use their family members for money ritual.
Maybe the woman's head didn't work for him.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by stoic6ix: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
ivolt:
Nigeria's inheritance law needs to be strengthened to correct the injustice
of scheming out a widow from inheriting her late husband's property in some section
of the country.

For your mind now you don talk not suspecting that it's out of ignorance.. who told you Nigerian law schemes out widows from inheritance..

It's really unfortunate for that family
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by DerideGull(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xisnin:

Power corrupts people. When you give total control to a person because
he is the first born, he will likely abuse such power.
If you have lived in the east, you will know that this case is not isolated
and has nothing to do with politics because some siblings, uncles and mothers
who are not politicians also engage in inheritance war whenever the first
son try to assert his "sole right" to his father's properties.

The injustice must stop.

This is not a matter of power because not all first sons wield certain power in a family. The husband of the said lady in the thread did not have two wives therefore there is nothing to share. However in a levelheaded situation, the first son in this picture should use his wisdom granted to him to manage his father's compound that is naturally bestowed onto him due to demise of his father. It is unfortunate that in most ceases in Igbo land today. the young ones want to flaunt wealth they cannot even earn by themselves.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by DerideGull(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xisnin:

You sound like a person of counterculture. If we go by your silly illogicalities, the first son can equally tell them to go to hell and the compound belongs to him. The saga must be amended through the application of levelheadedness born out of wisdom inculcated by culture and tradition of the people.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Abagworo(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Half story is useless. He probably has lazy brothers who feel he owes them for being successful hence this story. Until I hear his side of the story I consider this null and void.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by Abagworo(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
and you think the commissioner cannot pay off a judge in Imo?

Anyway, if they can't afford a house of their own, I doubt they can afford a good lawyer

They should make money and build their own houses. I hate lazy people
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by baby124: 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
Abagworo:

It’s their father’s house. A family compound. Your farher’s house is a last place of refuge if things go bad for you. The elder brother is wicked because he can afford to refurbish the house and buy his own personal house elsewhere. There is nothing like lazy brother’s here. They are all of the same father and entitled to enter their father’s house. Why is such a rich man fighting for his own father’s house? What makes him better than his younger ones? Rubbish.

I will definitely kill a child that does this to his younger ones. If na me born am. If I and their father did not disown them, then he has no right to throw them and their mother out of their own house and her husbands house. It’s like he wants to die in that house and he sure will.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by DerideGull(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
baby124:

It’s their father’s house. A family compound. Your farher’s house is a last place of refuge if things go bad for you. The elder brother is wicked because he can afford to refurbish the house and buy his own personal house elsewhere. There is nothing like lazy brother’s here. They are all of the same father and entitled to enter their father’s house. Why is such a rich man fighting for his own father’s house? What makes him better than his younger ones? Rubbish.

I will definitely kill a child that does this to his younger ones. If na me born am. If I and their father did not disown them, then he has no right to throw their mother out of her own house and her husbands house. Then throw her kids out of her own house. It’s like he wants to die in that house and he sure will.

They say unease rests the head that wears the crown. You alleged the first refurbish the house and still afford a house somewhere. Why do other brothers not refurnish the house or able to afford a house somewhere? Now if they cannot afford a house, then levelheadedness and mild tone of tongue can save situations like one unfolded.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by baby124: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
DerideGull:

They say unease rests the head that wears the crown. You alleged the first refurbish the house and still afford a house somewhere. Why do other brothers not refurnish the house or able to afford a house somewhere? Now if they cannot afford a house, then levelheadedness and mild tone of tongue can save situations like one unfolded.
They were living in this house with no problems. He could have left them alone and bough his own house. If he was disturbed by the sight of the house, he could have refurbished it and left it alone for them. I am sure they will keep a room for him if it is that serious. Why destroy their source of shelter and then build a house only him can have access to? The brother is evil. That act has no justification at all. What pride will a sane person have if his family is homeless? His own mother is homeless and poor but he is doing big man. What a shame.
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by toro92: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
jrusky:
This is another madness and another shame. Pls good minded free thinking NL does that name okolie sound Yoruba or fulani? I guess hell No. This is the reason I kept telling my kinsman dying of tribal jabs to desist all tribes in Nigeria are suspect when it comes to strange news. Now my people has ran away because it's okolie the name in question. Pls shun hate and tribal madness this is typical example to tell those tribalist folks especially my own people to read this and get lives.

Now to the topic Nne are you sure that your son is not a bastard? Because only bastard does what he has done or doing. Or he is under a spell from village people or he belong to a cult because some cults behave that way. In one word Mr commissioner shame on you definitely you are a disgrace to humanity. It does not matter what reasons are you have incurred generational curse upon yourself. You don't deserve to be a commissioner in the first place because if you can do this to your own mother who the f u c k are ordinary citizen to you then?

When you become a president or I become one, I will like to work with you. Tribalism is the bane of the problem in this country
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by mayortm001(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Lolzzz..... I'm off o
Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by stchinedu: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am not surprised...It is a news from IMO

Imo people kwenu!

Re: Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House by safarigirl(f): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Abagworo:

exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints Ola Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman, Hammajoda As Secretary / Fayose, Aregbesola And Atiku Spotted In Abuja / Police Rescues Frank Nweke Jnr From Being Kidnapped (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.