Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Need An Urgent Response Please. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need An Urgent Response Please. (980 Views)

Family/anxiety. Experienced And Matured Response Please. / Urgent Response Please / Igbo Lady Tells Her Father About Her Yoruba Boyfriend & Got This Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Urgent Response Please. by akpunda86: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2017
HAPPY XMAS ALL.please i need an urgent advice pls,we are 6 boys and two girls,all boys married,with just one girl married,the last girl almost 46 said not intrested in marriage as she said,best known to her.

The first daughter na phone call she sabi make,never come home,she is in states,and still wonder when she will.My parents are old and the bulk of carrrying them lies on me and my kid brother in family compd.im packing out nxt year.

PLEASE MY QUESTION IS AS XMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER,WITH SIX WIVES COOKING IN DIFFRENT SPOTS IN A FAMILY HOUSE IS IRRITATING,WHERE IS THE LOVE,IT IS SHAMEFUL AS I TOLD MY WIFE TO GO TO THEIR VILLAGE.ON CHRISTMAS DAY LAST YEAR WE ALL ARE SUPPOSED TO EAT TOGETHER,EVERYBODY WAS COOKING DIFFRENT.MY MOTHER COOKED WITH THE FIRST TWIN SON,THE OTHER TWIN COOKED DOWNSTAIRS,MY WIFE COOKED AND AFTER I ASK WHERE IS THE LOVE,ALL THIS RUBBISH STARTED BY MY MOTHER AS SHE SAID EVERYBODY SHOULD BE COOKING ON DR OWN,WITH THE SHAME I SAID BETTER I STAY IN TOWN THAN TRAVELLING,

NOW I ASK PLEASE PEOPLE IN THEIR RESOECTIVE FAMILY HOUSES,HOW DO THEY COOK PLEASE,DO YOU ALL COOK TOGEDA KIDS FROM SAME FADA AND MODA OR U COOK SEPERATE.MY FAMILY IS DOOMED I SEE IT.
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by dollyjoy(f): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2017
Instead of addressing the issue within the family,you brought it here,to what end? what are we supposed to do about it?

Just so you know, capitalizing your post made comprehension a bit difficult

4 Likes

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by lalanice(f): 9:40am On Dec 24, 2017
Eww! Six wives all cooking probably dsame food in different pots? cry Why come together for Christmas then if we can't at least pretend to like each other?
...I'd just stay where I am and call to greet home instead.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by Amthol(m): 9:47am On Dec 24, 2017
I believe the family has head I mean someone everybody listen to if yes let the person make the decision ranging from who is cooking and what is cooked in other words delegate duties

1 Like

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by sisisioge: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2017
Na wa o.

We are Yorubas. The host cooks. The host here is your mother. So, you guys should supply the money, let your money decide how she wants the food made with your wives helping out. Let none of the wives bring out a separate biko. If she doesn't give everybody food, then eat out and know not to come for same gathering next year.

We are having our own party at my Grandma's tomorrow. Our worry isn't who cooks, our worry is going at all embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by akpunda86: 11:13am On Dec 24, 2017
Thanks folks.discussed with my pop. Last year said we all be cooking togeda,was happy this year again everybody packing foods and pot.sometimes wealth. Is a curse,i see poor families eating togeda from same plate and happy. Wish it's my family.my mum cause of it all.ill be travelling for a family party but bk next day.we all can comfortably contribute and the wives cook,at my mother's age 78 she still controls the kitchen,men I'll stay in town and enjoy my xmas,while my wife enjoy hers in her villa,her villa is fun seeing the way brodas eat out from same plate.Happy Xmas nairalanders.ARE YOU A MOTHER SHOW LOVE NOW,HOW U TREAT. UR FAMILY NOW DETERMINES. THE LOVE IN THE FUTURE.FOR MINE MY MUM DESTROYED IT.AND AT HER AGE STILL DOING MORE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by akpunda86: 11:15am On Dec 24, 2017
May God never give me twins,even if he does let it be boy and girl.after lookin at my twin brodas I hate twins as the two disgust me with their hatred.who caused it my parents,how favoritism. Wish I can go bk to old times.
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by sisisioge: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2017
akpunda86:
Thanks folks.discussed with my pop. Last year said we all be cooking togeda,was happy this year again everybody packing foods and pot.sometimes wealth. Is a curse,i see poor families eating togeda from same plate and happy. Wish it's my family.my mum cause of it all.ill be travelling for a family party but bk next day.we all can comfortably contribute and the wives cook,at my mother's age 78 she still controls the kitchen,men I'll stay in town and enjoy my xmas,while my wife enjoy hers in her villa,her villa is fun seeing the way brodas eat out from same plate.Happy Xmas nairalanders.ARE YOU A MOTHER SHOW LOVE NOW,HOW U TREAT. UR FAMILY NOW DETERMINES. THE LOVE IN THE FUTURE.FOR MINE MY MUM DESTROYED IT.AND AT HER AGE STILL DOING MORE.

I agree with your caps there. One love man.
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by akpunda86: 11:52am On Dec 24, 2017
We all from same mum and dad.funny thing happened last yr,my twin brodas wife cooked after cooking she took the pot of rice downstairs to their room,locked it.the oda twin brodas wife just cooking oppsite her room,after cooking took hers inside.none of Dr children relates,guys disgusting as I enjoy Xmas when I was a kid but any year my elders not gonna come,ill go home,my folks alive and like this,wonder wat happens if they are gone.LOVE THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL.IN MY FAMILY IN ANAMBRA. THAT MY FATHER'S. HOUSE. LACKS,IN MBAISE HMMM LOVE IS LIKE OXYGEN IS IN EVERY FAMILY.PAINFUL DOING MY XMAS HERE IN TOWN.
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by josessybj: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Go and look for your own place and start living ur life. Must you stay in your parent house after marriage
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by Richy4(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
If cooking separately is gonna prevent conflict like slamming the door, screaming and yelling, please let them cook separately... there's no need pretending to be one happy family when it's not... Every family relates differently just for the sake of peace...

Or just Maybe you have watched too much cheesy family entertainment movies and you think every family is perfect..

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by Newboss(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
josessybj:
Go and look for your own place and start living ur life. Must you stay in your parent house after marriage
English ain't that hard, bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by babythug(f): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
Your issues seem deeper than this Christmas meal!

Since you feel so strongly about it why not man up and have a word with your mum and/ or siblings.

Next year or at the next gathering offer to sponsor the "one pot" and perhaps things may turn around.

Also whatever the underlying issues are itemize them and begin to resolve things one after the other

Good luck
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by yvelchstores(f): 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Life goes on bro. Focus on training ur kids to do better. Cheers
Re: I Need An Urgent Response Please. by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 25, 2017
dollyjoy:
Instead of addressing the issue within the family,you brought it here,to what end? what are we supposed to do about it?

Just so you know, capitalizing your post made comprehension a bit difficult

Sometimes i just wonder the kind of nairalanders we have this days.

Someone shares a problem, the first thing you say is "why bring the issue here?"

Whatelse would one be doing on Nairaland, if not asking questions, sharing experiences or seeking help.

If you are not interested in helping, then exit the thread or dont comment at all.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Six Days After Wedding, Man Arranges Another Marriage For Wife With Her Lover / Get The Best Ankara Materials For Your Family Delivered To You At Market Price / If You Can't Forgive Your Cheating Partner, You Are Not Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.