Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,546 members, 7,823,395 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Age Restriction - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Age Restriction (1080 Views)

2016 World Visa Restriction Index Is Out...German Passport Is The Most Powerful / Traveling Restriction For 2015 Election Day / Uae Entry Restriction(s) For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Restriction by symbian03(m): 12:22am On Apr 05, 2010
Hi buds, a pal just got admitted to a community college in canada, but he gets tons of discouragement as per the "AGE" restriction. i.e, he is 22years old now, and some folks stated that once you're 20years old, automatically you'd be refused visa coz undergraduate intl student should not be more than 18-19yrs especially when you're admitted to a college. How true is this say? Kindly help me clear colleage about this. Thanks all
Re: Age Restriction by justwise(m): 12:39am On Apr 05, 2010
symbian03:

Hi buds, a pal just got admitted to a community college in canada, but he gets tons of discouragement as per the "AGE" restriction. i.e, he is 22years old now, and some folks stated that once you're 20years old, automatically you'd be refused visa coz undergraduate intl student should not be more than 18-19yrs especially when you're admitted to a college. How true is this say? Kindly help me clear colleage about this. Thanks all

That is not true, if he is too worried about it then he should contact the college, i doubt he got anything to worry about.
Re: Age Restriction by symbian03(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2010
Yeah, He had contacted the school and the registrar stated there's nothing like age restriction in their school. But i'm not sure about the canadian high commission if they'd restrict some age from studying under-graduate in canada. Needs more enlightenments. Thanks bro
Re: Age Restriction by dancewith: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2010
On paper there is no such thing. but the high commission in lagos is noted for unfairly and negatively profiling such people. my brother was admitted to Yorks University, all fees paid and all rules followed. they still turned him down and as usual no clear reason. He was 23yrs old at the time and I am sure that had a lot to do with it cos my sis that was 19 yrs at the time going for the same school and being sponsored by the same person was approved
Re: Age Restriction by omega25red(m): 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2010
symbian03:

Your arguement could be true but i think like so many people have said on this site, you have to basically show that you have serious ties in Nigeria meaning you wouldn't try to stay when you are done with the school stuff.
Re: Age Restriction by symbian03(m): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2010
Thanks all 4 d contribution, Still need to hear more from guys who had already gone through stuffs like that. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Permanent Residence Visa / Russia And Former Soviet Union Invitation Letter For Pee Nuts / I Need Answer. Invitation From Holland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.