Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Computer Engineering Or Computer Science - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Engineering Or Computer Science (1628 Views)

Opinion: Computer Engineering Or Computer Science In 2022 / Should I Go For Cybersecurity Or Computer Science? / Learning Programming Or Computer Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Or Computer Science by Whizzahd(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2017
Hello, I am a secondary school graduate, and I have problem choosing between computer science and engineering. I love software and hardware, but software more.. .but I want to know about hardware, then specialize in software, but I am really confused. I dunno which of the above courses is better taught in Nigerian universities.please ur comments would go a long way in helping me, thank you
Re: Computer Engineering Or Computer Science by 4kings: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
You won't get what you are expecting from those two courses in Nigerian Universities even the Private ones.

I'd advice that if you're that financially fit, you go to Capetown, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Russia or any other country were you would get most out of your expectations.

However, you can take out some money to study online courses for computer hardware or software related courses, while you go through your normal course of study in the university.

2 Likes

Re: Computer Engineering Or Computer Science by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Whizzahd:
Hello, I am a secondary school graduate, and I have problem choosing between computer science and engineering. I love software and hardware, but software more.. .but I want to know about hardware, then specialize in software, but I am really confused. I dunno which of the above courses is better taught in Nigerian universities.please ur comments would go a long way in helping me, thank you
go for computer science and study advanced programming concepts like web/app development by the side which can make u earn some cash and get some experience before you graduate which will give u edge over conventional graduates who will depend solely on their degree over experience.
Make sure you attend conferences, seminars, workshops etc to make connections that will land you jobs....your network is your net worth... if possible apply for ALC.. keep gathering connections & experience while in school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Or Computer Science by udemzyudex(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2017
Whether computer science or computer engineering before you get admission, I'll advice you go and learn it else where first because school won't teach you all the nitty gritty of the thing.

If you're going for computer engineering, you can learn how to repair laptops, desktop and even chip level repair before going to school, this will give you and edge above others.

For computer science, you can start learning programming language now, the good thing is you can even learn on your own, just join one or 2 WhatsApp group and meet people who will put you through.

Better still, you can pay someone to teach you.

(1) (Reply)

Rate My First React Website / Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons / Java Error: Help Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.