Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas (20274 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
As Christians around the world celebrate the Christmas holiday, Bangladeshi Christians cannot celebrate the holiday with the same level of joy as the people in the Americas and Europe can. This is because they are systematically oppressed, dispossessed, robbed of their lands, murdered, raped and face every other type of atrocity imaginable in their native country merely for believing in the miracles of Jesus Christ, son of God.

Take the plight of the Christian Khasi people, a tribal ethnic group in Bangladesh who is systematically robbed of their lands. Due to repeated conflicts with the Bangladeshi government, 25 Khasi villages have now been wiped off the map. Other Khasi villages are in danger of disappearing due to the fact that various tea plantations want to dispossess them of their ancestral tribal lands. This is pure greed on the part of Muslim plantation owners, who feel that they can abuse the Khasi people just because they aren’t Muslim.

As Father Anthony Sen explained, “They have all of this pressure from the powerful people living around them especially the Muslims. They think that as they are a minority people, they can do what they like with them. They even think that they can kidnap their young girls or attack the people. So, they always have this kind of pressure.” Christian human rights activists who try to help the Khasi people receive death threats from Islamist groups and the Bangladeshi government does nothing to protect both the Khasi and their defenders from such violations of basic human rights.

Christians presently make up 0.5% of the Bangladeshi population but it is a huge question mark whether this minority will continue to live in their ancestral homeland in the years to come due to the systematic oppression that they face from the Bangladeshi government and Islamist groups. For example, the local police in Bangladesh raided the home of a local Christian widow and stole her money. When the local Christian community tried to defend the widow, there was a violent confrontation, which resulted in the injury of 20 people. More than 100 Christian villagers were later on charged with interfering with police work.
In another incident this year, Haji Ishak Miyan was given land to be developed by three Christian women. Miyan decided to take the land without paying these women for developing it. To make matters worse, he threatened to shoot these three Christian ladies like birds with the help of the local Awami League. As Christians, these three ladies have nowhere to turn to. While the Bangladeshi Constitution grants Christians the same rights as Muslims, in practice, Christians in my country are oppressed on a daily basis.

Indeed, the present atmosphere in Bangladesh is not only anti-Christian but also anti-Hindu, anti-Buddhist and anti-opposition. Whenever the minorities try to rise up and to improve their plight, their situation only gets worse. For example, Mithun Chowdhury, an outspoken proponent of minority rights who heads the Bangladesh Janata Party, was imprisoned for trying to change things for the better for Bangladeshi minorities. With his arrest, the Bangladeshi government destroyed the political voice of the Christians, Buddhists and Hindus within my country. Due to such atrocities, increasingly, Christian leaders in Bangladesh are leaving my country because they see no hope for the future.

Therefore, as the head of the Hindu Struggle Committee, it is my wish this holiday season that the Christians within my country will be able to one day light up their Christmas trees and to enjoy their holiday with the same level of joy as the Christians in the Americas and in Europe do. I am working together with Aslam Chowdhury, Mithun Chowdhury and Farouk Chowdhury in order to ensure that the Christians, Hindus and Buddhists will live better lives under a new government that we are presently working on forming. I hope that the Sheikh Hasina government will be no more so that the oppression, dispossession, rape, theft and murder of Bangladeshi Christians and all other minorities within my country will come to an end, sooner rather than later.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.jerusalemonline.com/blogs/shipan-kumer-basu/op-ed-remembering-the-persecution-of-bangladeshi-christians-on-christmas-33253%3famp=1

May the Good lord help the Christian brethren facing persecution all over the world.

We didn't ask for equal right in their Islamic countries the way they are requesting for equal right in our country, the only think we are asking for is that they should let us live without been oppress

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by MrHistorian: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
If Islam is truly a Religion of Peace. . .

Shouldn't the Islamic extremists be extremely peaceful?

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Mrphylor09: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
O ga ooooo
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nobody throw stones at a fruitless tree.

The Church of Jesus is going through all these because She is the solution to the world's crises in this End-Time.
Satan knows that and provoked people like FREEZE to put more pressure on Her.

Still, the Word is True and Lasting: UPON THIS ROCK, I'LL BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL.

#shalom

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Xbee007(m): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
May God, that is if he exists, help our fellow human suffering persecution in every nooks and crannies of the world, whether in Bangladesh, Myanmar, Palestinian, Yemen etc. But I think we all know the bitter truth. He ain't gonna do sh*t about it! He did nothing when Jews were being persecuted by Hitler. He did nothing when Christian crusaders were engaging in blood birth in the name of religion. He did nothing when Boko Haram was busy maiming Nigerians in the name of Allah.

The best thing for them is just to get proactive and stop being the victim of the oppressors cos no sky daddy is coming for them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by paradigman(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
FTC.

Too bad o
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by justuschi50: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
some times I wonder what type of religion is islam

20 Likes

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
angry

∆ Islam has nothing to offer than violence, trouble, hatred, war, paedophiles, Buhari.

Like I said before Islam is a curse on humanity...

Islam will never make an Atheist think twice. !! ∆

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by gboly29: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
nawa o
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
In

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by mathew247: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
ndi alakuba and there religion of peace

4 Likes

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by blackaxe78: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
What goes around, come around...............

The Rohingya Muslims comes to mind.......

Kill all Christians and Muslims in the world and Earth will enjoy everlasting peace.

Useless sets of folks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by TheKingIsHere: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bangladesh is an islamic country.

I dont know why Muslims are just wicked.

They wont allow people with other religious beliefs to be happy.

Tomorrow they will be claiming religion of piss peace

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by ifyan(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
@
blackaxe78:

Kill all Christians and Muslims in the world and Earth will enjoy everlasting peace.

Useless sets of folks

Stop spreading false story.

Is Burma a Christian nation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by justuschi50: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
blackaxe78:

Useless sets of folks
I don't think u have sense

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by GrandMufti: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ok
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Islam is Evil. Pure evil masquerading as religion.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by punisha: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
embarassed embarassed
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Unik3030: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
I remember a scholar was once asked when there would b peace in the world, he said there can only n peace if we no longer have Muslim's here meaning so far Muslim's are still here it can't be a peaceful world. come to think about it, how can there be peace when killing, rape, hate your neighbor are things found in there holy book

17 Likes

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by GraGra247(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Na today? This has been happening in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh far too long and nobody cares to notice.

Christians are killed, raped, robbed over very unjust and inhuman reasons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by casdoruche: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
If Islam was no where to be found. Peo
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by iliyande(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
And the So Called UN are there fighting Trump up and down embarassed
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by shammahyaro(f): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
God please help the Christians of Bangladesh...save them from d hands of the evil ones.... Open the eyes of the world to see where terror lies....there will be no peace for the wicked!.
My father my father... for any Christian blood shed in Bangladesh for d sake of believing in you.... Let them have no peace for both their people,fellow believers of this Wickedness and their generations

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by free2ryhme: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
angry angry angry
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by ifyan(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
Islamabad: the religion of piss indeed.

Watch and see how they pop out to defend their religion as it is not part of their religion but miscreants who want to tarnish Islam.

1 Like

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Rigel95(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
whats my own...I am hungry
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by Kaymercury(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nigeria Christians are the most hypocrites people I have known,myself included I will not say beyond this

3 Likes

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by nkwuocha: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Same old stories. Islam is a terrorist organization.
Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by deco22(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
blackaxe78:

Useless sets of folks
And it's people like you that want to inhabit the "peaceful earth" shey,you that wants to commit murder is forming peaceful human being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by dquantom: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
CNN will not see this now. If it is the Rohingya issue, they will put on their head

5 Likes

Re: The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas by justuschi50: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
if Donald trump is as Hitler den I support a war against islam

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Pastor Asks Man To Sing A Love Song For His Wife, He Sang 'Up Jesus, Down Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.