Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

This Is Best School Anthem Ever. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Best School Anthem Ever. (2746 Views)

Videos Of Nigerian Politicians Dancing: Who Is Best Of Them All? / Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Best School Anthem Ever. by SKANKHUNT: 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Kings college lagos school anthem

1)."Floreat Collegium" shall our motto be, Let us shout it boldly, for her sons are we, Nurtured in her classrooms in our early youth Where we learn to cherish chilvary and truth Learn to pull together each one with the rest Playing up and striving each to do his best

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword, "Always play the game" Sound the old school's praises, trumpet forth her fame Though of many nations we will not forget That we all are brothers with a common debt Let us pay by giving, as we forge ahead, Service to the living, honour to our dead.

2).This is what they teach us in the good old school "Only by obedience may you learn to rule". If you fail look closely, seek the reason why You have power to conquer if you only try Others went before you and attained the light Where they wait to cheer you, victors in the fight.

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword, "Always play the game" Sound the old school's praises, trumpet forth her fame Though of many nations we will not forget That we all are brothers with a common debt Let us pay by giving, as we forge ahead, Service to the living, honour to our dead.

3). Present, Past and Future from one mighty whole Shining forth emblazoned on a muster roll. When the call is sounded all must answer "HERE"! Voice and bearing showing neither shame nor fear Pointing to our honour, which untarnished stands Bright as when we took it from our founder's hands.

CHORUS:

Just came across this at the back of one of my old 40 leaves notebook. Epic.
opinions are subjective at best, since i havent come across any other school anthem i cant say i am absolutely right.
Post yours let us all read and reflect.
Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Best School Anthem Ever. by chic2pimp(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
A boy Last Boy....
Re: This Is Best School Anthem Ever. by flamingREED(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
If the name of God is not in it; then I don't trip for it.

(1) (Reply)

Disturbing News: Nnamdi KANU Is Not Igbo But From Igala -photo / BREAKING: Security Operatives Barricade Appeal Court Premises / Look At This Picture Of Kanu And Tell Me It's Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.