Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. (2335 Views)

Jorginho Is Very Happy He Left Chelsea – Arsenal Legend Emmanuel Petit / Why Nigeria Falconets Slept On The Floor At Istanbul Airport - NFF / Togolese Legend Emmanuel Adebayor Joins Paraguyan Club Side Olimpia. (2) (3) (4)

Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Emmanuel Eboue was a former Arsenal Soccer Player, who pocketed millions of pounds in wages, lived in a mansion and drove flashy cars and enjoyed the rich life, but now he is facing the worst in life. He has no place in life as he lost every of his belonging to his European wife, which he divorced.
Now ex-Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue spends his days hiding from bailiffs, sometimes sleeps on the floor of a friend’s home, travels by bus and even cleans his clothes by hand because he has no washing machine.

Today, the 34-year-old tells how his staggering riches-to-rags plight has pushed him to the brink of suicide.

“I want God to help me,“Only he can help take these thoughts from my mind.” He said.

Eboue, currently unable to play football because of ill-health, says he has been pushed to the brink. He has Lost a bitter divorce battle, with his wife Aurelie awarded all of their assets, Had to hide from cops and bailiffs after being ordered by a judge to transfer his remaining Enfield home to his wife, Faced a heartbreaking estrangement from his three kids, who he has not seen since June, Been grieving after the cancer death of grandfather Amadou Bertin – who raised him – and the loss of his brother N’Dri Serge, killed in a motorbike accident.

It is now three weeks since a deadline passed for Eboue to surrender ownership of the North London home he used to share with Aurelie. The player and his wife lived there in happier times before Eboue bought a mansion – which Aurelie has now put on the market.

He understands she will rent out the Enfield property. So Eboue, his belongings in bags, now awaits the knock that will see him ordered to leave at any time. The worried star said:

“I can’t afford the money to continue to have any lawyer or barrister.I am in the house but I am scared. Because I don’t know what time the police will come.

“I look back and say ­‘Emmanuel, you have been naive… why didn’t you think about that before?’ It is hard.

“Very, very hard. The money I earned, I sent it to my wife for our children.

“In Turkey I earned eight million euros. I sent seven million back home. Whatever she tells me to sign, I sign.

“She is my wife. The problems with FIFA were because of people advising me. People who are supposed to care. But it was because of them FIFA banned me.”

Having surrendered the cars among assets transferred to his wife, Eboue now has an Oyster card and relies on London transport – while doing his best to avoid being recognised.

He splits his time between the Enfield house and the home of a ­confidante he calls his “sister” – Yasmin Razak.

He often sleeps on a mattress on her living room floor. But even watching TV and seeing the likes of former team-mate Thierry Henry as a football pundit – triggers negative thoughts.

He adds:

“When I see Thierry I feel happy for him but ashamed of my own situation.

“When I see friends on TV that I played with or against I say to myself ‘I should still be there’. It’s hard to watch them.”

Both Yasmin and another close pal, ex-Portsmouth and Newcastle striker Lomana Lua Lua, have been crucial in helping Eboue stay afloat.

Of Yasmin, he said:

“I call her mama peace house The Bunker. I can hide there. She has children. I don’t want to disturb them, so I sleep on the floor.”
Eboue is devastated at spending Christmas apart from his own kids, daughters Clara, 14, and Maeva, 12, and son Mathis, nine. He goes on:

“It hurts me a lot. They used to call me. But now, no contact. It pains me to be alone without them.”

“Every day I wash my jeans, my clothes, everything. My hands are hard. As though I have been working on a farm.

“I thank my grandmother because she taught me to wash, cook, clean, everything as a young man.

“I continue to thank God. I have my life. I didn’t want what has happened. I don’t wish it on anybody.”

While Eboue wants to return to playing one day, he would jump at the chance of working with former club Arsenal or players’ union the PFA. He says:

“I would accept help from anywhere but if my previous club wants to help me then I would be very, very happy. Maybe I could help the young players.

http://nippysky.com/sport/1855-arsenal-legend-emmanuel-eboue-now-sleeps-on-the-floor-as-he-looses-all-belongings-to-divorced-wife

Re: Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by Jostico: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
there's life and there's live. I read this same news on skysports few hours ago and he signed every document the woman of his 3 kids gave to him."illiteracy " not "love ". God is in charge anyways, and he alone knows why you're here(condition)

Re: Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by Gabbynahcee(f): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
cryyou no try at all after all the suffer wey you suffer for arsenal( you played RB,RWB,RW) Yet you allow ur wife fool you.
Re: Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by thesicilian: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by DivinelyBlessed: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
Gabbynahcee:
cryyou no try at all after all the suffer wey you suffer for arsenal( you played RB,RWB,RW) Yet you allow ur wife fool you.

Was he supposed to be watching out for his wife? A man has so many enemies to keep him occupied
Re: Arsenal Legend, Emmanuel Eboue Now Sleeps On The Floor After Divorce. by femicyrus(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
this is a big lesson for many African men overseas. it better to marry from your village, let her visit you ones in a while as she stay back in Africa where you will plan to establish after years of your labour overseas

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Tottenham Vs Arsenal 1-0 – Highlights & Goals / Barcelona And Chelsea Take It To Twitter / How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True