Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

What To Sell In A Nigerian University - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Sell In A Nigerian University (4599 Views)

Top 5 Small Lucrative Business Ideas For Nigerian University Students / What Can One Be Able To Import From Canada That Can Sell In Nigeria / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Sell In A Nigerian University by DRJECKYLL(m): 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am professional in the US but I travel to Nigeria 1-2 times a year. My cousin has recently graduated from a master's program abroad as well and due to family need and as an only son he returned back home. He is working as an assistant lecturer in a University where our Uncle is the VC. The pay is no where as lucrative as it was in Germany where he was based previously but I am viewing this as an opportunity for business. I would like to either send a container of goods or provide items to my cousin to sell. I will provide the capital and we can split profit down half since he will do the work of moving it. I know many Nigerians tell me I should be wary before I trust anyone even my own shadow when I am in that country. However I feel I cannot afford to miss it even if i lose the investment due to carelessness or mischievous motives. Nevertheless I have disposable income that can be used. If he cheats me he will lose out on family member that will benefit him far more later down the line. Ultimately my question are to knowledgeable individuals or present students. What are the items that students buy regularly while in university. On a weekly basis. I have up to 10 million naira to spend for now. This thread may help others who want to do the same business. There's enough money in this world. Anyway stay blessed and merry christmas
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by DRJECKYLL(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
I would really appreciate a response. I actually thought of the weavon business as our women must remain neat for events, presentations, companions etc?
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by eezeribe(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
I operate a business in one of our Nigerian universities... Points to note :
1)Business in Nigerian campuses is seasonal
2)The best sellers are FMCG(fast moving consumer goods)
3)anything stationeries/Internet based service is already saturated
4)price factor is very critical,decrease in price increases the purchasing power of students...
5)if you are venturing into an already existing or crowded niche,you must have your own strategy of penetrating the competition...

1 Like

Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by aduhube: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
1. Laptop sales (New or used) Every student is expected to have a laptop. It's compulsory in some departments.
2. Sales of printing papers in a large scale. This requires a warehouse for storage. If you do a good work here, your cousin or you may be a supplier to the school since your uncle is the VC

You can mail me for more of the businesses.
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by Emmy9ite(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
DRJECKYLL:
I am professional in the US but I travel to Nigeria 1-2 times a year. My cousin has recently graduated from a master's program abroad as well and due to family need and as an only son he returned back home. He is working as an assistant lecturer in a University where our Uncle is the VC. The pay is no where as lucrative as it was in Germany where he was based previously but I am viewing this as an opportunity for business. I would like to either send a container of goods or provide items to my cousin to sell. I will provide the capital and we can split profit down half since he will do the work of moving it. I know many Nigerians tell me I should be wary before I trust anyone even my own shadow when I am in that country. However I feel I cannot afford to miss it even if i lose the investment due to carelessness or mischievous motives. Nevertheless I have disposable income that can be used. If he cheats me he will lose out on family member that will benefit him far more later down the line. Ultimately my question are to knowledgeable individuals or present students. What are the items that students buy regularly while in university. On a weekly basis. I have up to 10 million naira to spend for now. This thread may help others who want to do the same business. There's enough money in this world. Anyway stay blessed and merry christmas

Merry Christmas Bro. Am glad you are willing to bring down some money here for investment. It will go a long way, we need more of your type, make money there, invest here.

Back to your question. I graduated last year from a federal university and to be candid with you, one needs a lions heart to operate a business for students. Why? Students are naturally frugal. They spend more money on what will directly affect them or increase their hype. Basic businesses like food canteens or eateries, typing and photocopying, cyber cafe, photography, book shops, will always thrive in any student environment if implemented properly.
If you can ship in good printing equipments, you can also start a printing and branding business ( banners, T shirts, face caps, wristbands, awards, etc) it will also thrive..

However, seeing your brave heart, I'd love to discuss a business idea I developed for corps members that will bring us good profit. There are 8 phases every NYSC corps member must pass through, and I've built the business to solve this problems at a profit and will bring much recognition if done well. The idea is already in motion, we need more push..

Feel free to talk to me:Call/ WhatsApp; 07036322882
Email: emmanuelakpe5(at)gmail.com
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
Open a carteen/ make the price student Friendly.

Thank me later.

Merry Christmas
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by DRJECKYLL(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2017
Great ideas. Thanks. I was also thing of sending cheap phones. I can get phones Android's for 50-60 dollars amounting to 20k. I wonder how much people usually pay for phones over there. 30-40k turn around should not be that bad
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by DRJECKYLL(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
More ideas?
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by dsuperhero001: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by ACFreeHost: 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
www.advertscontrol.com.ng is a place where you can buy and sell anything in Nigeria, it gives the Nigerians the opportunity to promote their businesses by posting their product's adverts, the location of their businesses, the Price's of their product's, their business contact, and to always stay connected to their costumers or buyers. All these are made possible for FREE.
And for Nigerian buyers is a platform where you can get whatever you need in a good faith because AdvertsControl care about you and that is why we recommend you to buy any products from a verified user's and to first, see whatever products you want or need to buy.
AdvertsControl.com.ng are offering FREE ADVERTS PROMOTIONS such as ;
Push to top.
Featured.
Always on top.
Advertisements in other site's and so much more.
So what are you waiting for?
Do you have any products or services for sale?
Do you have an interest for shopping?
Is they any products or services you need?
Why not visit our website and see more what we can offer and how AdvertsControl will promote your business or find buyers for your product's.
Please.. Visit : www.advertscontrol.com.ng
Re: What To Sell In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 28, 2017
MY NAME IS ONABANJO IBRAHIM MD/CEO OLUWAJOMILOJU FARMS LTD IN IBADAN I WAS JUST PASSING BY AND TO MY SUPRISE OUR YOUTH ARE NOT AWARE OF THE FUTURE AND WE ALL SLEEPING...ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION IS ON GOING IN ALL STATES...GO AND SEE HOW ISREAL AND CHINA MAKE IT BIG INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGICAL AGRICULTURE. ..GOOGLE HYDROPONICS AGRICULTURE. ..GREEN HOUSE VEGETABLE AGRICULTURE. ...AND SEE THE FUTURE....
MY BROTHER THAT HAS 10M TO INVEST ...INVEST IN THE FUTURE...IF YOU CANNOT COME OVER SEND YOUR RELATIVE TO COME AND SEE ..WE PRESENTLY HAVE PARTNER WITH GROCERY STORES LIKE SHOPRITE,SPARS E.T.C TO SUPLY THEM FRESH HYBRID VEGETABLES THE BUY IN KG AND THEY SELL IN KG....WE ARE LOOKING FOR TRUSTED PARTNERS WHO AS VISION FOR THE FUTURE, OUR MARKET DEMAND AS INCREASED AND WE NEED TO EXPAND IN ORDER TO MEET UP WITH OUR MARKET DEMAND...WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AT PARTNERSHIP WITH THE GOVT...I CANNOT SAY IT ALL HERE BUT I CAN TELL YOU WITH YOUR 10M AFTER 4 MONTH HARVEST AND SALES YOU ARE GUARANTEED OF 3M TO 4M R.O.I EVERY 4 MONTH YEAR IN YEAR OUT...IF YOU REALLY ARE SERIOUS IN INVESTING HERE INVEST WISELY IN THE FUTURE WHICH GIVE YOU MORE HOPE...YOU CAN REACH ME ON 08020917141...OR OLUWAJOMILOJUFARMSLTD@GMAIL.COM...THANK YOU

(1) (Reply)

If Someone is selling You A Jumia Account, do not take it / Ized Uanikhehi: Digital Transformation Is The New Normal / Finding It Hard To Land Your First Gig On Upwork? Make sure you read this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.