Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

My Short Film Script: The Escape - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Short Film Script: The Escape (832 Views)

The Lunar (back To The Past) — A Film Script For Sale / Movie: The Escape From Auschwitz / Bbnaija: Omashola And Others Escape Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Short Film Script: The Escape by Amanyanabo(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
I just wrote this recently and i would lyk to know what you guys think about it

Characters
Owanate: A slim lady in her mid 20's

Boma: A young boy of 7 years

(owanate enters the compound and begins to walk towards her house)
(on getting to the frontage of the house, she puts her hand into hand bag in search of her keys)
(her i.d card falls in the process, she sighs then bends down to pick it)
(she finally opens the door and goes inside)
(inside, she switches on the fan and sits on the couch, placing her head on the head rest)
(minutes later, the door opens and Boma comes in)

Boma: Good afternoon aunty
Owanate: good afternoon, how was school today?
Boma: it was fine aunty. What of mummy (looking around) isn't she back from work?
Owanate: no ooo, she is not. Today is the last thursday of the month. She will be attending her old girls' school meeting after work
Boma: oh ooo!! that means she is going to come back late and i must have slept by the time daddy will return from work. Who is going to help me with my home work now?
Owanate: i can help you with it na. Come, come lemme see it
(using her hand to hit the couch)
Boma: Aunty you know you just started staying with us and you have never helped me with my home work before, hope i'm not going to get zero oooo
Owanate: if i......if i...... knock your head. Oya come jor, lemme see it
(boma removes his school bag and sits on the couch)
Boma: Aunty see it here, we were asked to write an essay titled "The Escape"
Owanate: hmmm!! okay, lemme tell you about my escape. It happened 3 years ago
(Boma smiles, eager to hear the story)

Owanate: Then i was staying with them uncle Tammy, your mother's father's brother - my uncle, your grand uncle. I came back from work feeling tired, as soon as i got inside, i flung my bag and bounced on the couch. I was about sleeping when i began to feel something or someone behind me and no one was supposed to be home. Everyone had gone to Bayelsa for a burial, i was the only who didn't go. Immediately i turned back, he jumped on me, i began to shout and scream but no could hear me.
I managed to get him off me and began to run towards the door. As i was about reaching the door, another came in front of me. I screamed and screamed but no one was coming, i guess the neighbours weren't around too. My heart began to beat faster, i just didn't know what to do. I was soon cornered and was at the end of the wall, close to the door. I began to see my life flash in front of me, i started to think of my parents and siblings with tears dripping down my face.
All of a sudden, i became courageous. I have no idea where the strength came from. I looked left, looked right, i saw a cricket stick and picked it up. In the act of self defence, i hit the two of them and they died. That.....that was my first time of killing. I killed........ I killed two male cockroaches. I am katsaridaphobic. I fear cockroaches alot, the sight of them alone freaks me out and causes panic attack. That is why the house is always clean, i spend hours cleaning and cleaning, i even use my money to fumigate the house constantly. I dont want them anywhere near this house. So there you have it, that was my escape

Boma: Aunty you can fear ooo, how will you be scared of cockroaches, something i use to kill anyhow
(he rubs his hand on her leg)
Boma: cockroach!! cockroach!!
(and runs away)

(owanate begins to pursue him)
Re: My Short Film Script: The Escape by Amanyanabo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
No comment?
Re: My Short Film Script: The Escape by Amanyanabo(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hasn't anyone read it?. Please comment

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2018: Nina’s Family Makes Shocking Revelations / Monster High: Boo York Movie Review / Watch This Short Action Film Tittled Aberration It Will Change Your Orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.