Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Africa Magic Which Way Now? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Africa Magic Which Way Now? (2902 Views)

Has Telemundo Overtaken Africa-Magic Among Nigerian Female Viewers? / "21 Years" Movie On Africa Magic Yoruba Channel 157 (DSTV) / Africa Magic Introduces 5 New Channels On Dstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2010
J
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by 4peace(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2010
They are businessman so they will do everything to expand their motive which is profit making.
Who knows may be ibo own is on the way.
Who knows may we subscriber is the one requesting for this.
Another thing just occur to me Hausas and yorubas are not only in nigeria but dominant in west africa especially hausas.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by mjay(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2010
I trhought it was a means of uniting Africans even if it was just through movies

Well i never thot uniting africa is paramount in their minds, wht i think matters to them is their gain. Am also not sure that these ethinic channels were requested by the people, it was just a market strategy to include more irrelevant channels in the name of increased channels, and to further have reasons to exploit the people in their usual characteristics. dstv, mtn, they are all the same, what is important to them is their pocket. At least in the way they do their bussiness around here. They've always ripped us off,  untill other players show face.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2010
K
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by naijagal(f): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
any which way u look @ it, dstv is laffing all d way to d bank. They gonna milk d Naija market for all its worth, dem no come count bridge here oh!

On d other hand, dis gives us an idea of d number of home videos being churned out of Naija alone to d extent of having so many channels including magic world showing them @ all times
Look out for itsekiri, urhobo & bini versions soon lol
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
J
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
@topic

africa magic yoruba,hausa etc are not available beyond the borders of nigeria .

For the rest of Africa,they only get to watch Africa Magic and Africa Magic plus,so no need to worry
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
B
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by obinna5000(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
I'm sure very soon there will be "AFRICA MAGIC IGBO", "AFRICA MAGIC EFIK", E.T.C. tongue tongue
Just like MrPrsdent has said, they cannot be viewed outside Nigeria.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]Like the dude below me signature says: Tribalism Sucks!! angry angry[/size]
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Oh good.
Mrprsdnt, you are Igbo aren't you?

what gave you that impression dia?
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
N
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Ikengawo: 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
why on earth is this a bad thing?
the US has Black Entertainment Television and 7 Spanish channels.
people like hearing their language and seeing their culture, why is it a problem?
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by nduogu(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
I don't think there's anything wrong in having Tv channels with different languages. The most important thing is satisfying your customers/viewers and smiling to the bank too.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Why can we not be united in Nigeria? At first there was just Africa magic and nobody was really had a problem with that. then there was africa magic+, which I considered to be a good thing because I trhought it was a means of uniting Africans even if it was just through movies. For those of you who don't know, Africa magic+ shows movies, and other programmes from other countries in Africa while Africa magic shows just Nigerian movies.
Then there was Africa magic hausa. And then africa magic yoruba, which both air hausa and yoruba movies respectively.
At this stage it would be expected that the ibos would also come up with their own version of africa magic i.e africa magic ibo, but seeing as how they are slowly colonising Nollytrashwood by giving movie roles to mostly their fellow ndigbo, there appears to be no need for them to do that afterall.
but why must we add ethnicity to every thing? Even movie channels? What type of message are we sending to other countries that watch these TV stations? it is not impossible for them to show yoruba, hausa and ibo movies in only one Africa magic and in my opinion that is what they should have done instead of carrying out ethnic division with tv stations.
LMAO
Threadstarter, you are no different from the legion of ethnocentric behind-the-monitor loons we have on Nairaland.

Why don't you just come already and tell us how much you hate the Igbo's?
Your pathetic stint at appearing liberal fell flat on its face. Try again missy!

SMH

You seem not to have a problem with the Hausa and Yoruba versions of Africa Magic but the thought of an Igbo version gives you a high blood pressure??

Let me just say this, Nollygarbadge can suck on my left ball for all I care while the Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo versions can get busy on the other.

You on the other hand can lick my spunk and kick rocks afterwards.

Tosser!
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by sanjowest: 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
Multichoice does not know what to do again. They have too much virgin channels and are confused about what else to broadcast. Useless Hitv started it first; now multichoice don follow. Rubbish!!!
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by SeXyBoNE: 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
I think this is a good idea, I mean havin a different tv station for yorubas and hausas, bkos i for one cannot stand it wen they start showin those noisy and fetish yoruba movies on AM
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Kx: 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
They changed name like nepa-Hallmark to Universal,yet the movies are the same yeye pointless movies.
Now its african magic hausa,
do they need to exhibit backwardness to the entire world?
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Cyberfreak(f): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
U
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
wink wink wink
Cyberfreak:

^Africa magic hausa is only viewable in Nigeria. One poster above corrected me on that.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by aieromon(m): 6:19am On Apr 08, 2010
I can now see why the need for more channels came up in the first place.There's really nothin' to worry about,dstv's smilin' to the bank and Nigerians are gettin' suckered.
Enjoy the crappy movies whichever stations it comes on.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by 4peace(m): 10:17am On Apr 08, 2010
Cyberfreak:

^Africa magic hausa is only viewable in Nigeria. One poster above corrected me on that.
no
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2010
[size=13pt]what do you mean by no. . . . [/size]
4peace:

no
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by tayoast(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
Africa Magic Yoruba!!
they write funny stuffs like: 'awon osere tokopa'
evrytym i c d tokopa part, i kip LMAO
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by ReachRich(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
I dont think there will ever be Africa Magic Igbo channel.Our Igbo actors and actresses prefer to do their movies in English.Infact they are the once who act,direct and produce most of the movies shown on Africa Magic.The last igbo movie i saw was way back in the 90s.
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
tayo_ast:

Africa Magic Yoruba!!
they write funny stuffs like: 'awon osere tokopa'
evrytym i c d tokopa part, i kip LMAO

Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by tayoast(m): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2010
^^ u understand Yoruba??
Re: Africa Magic Which Way Now? by VALIDATOR: 11:28am On Jan 11, 2011
You can see that Africa Magic Yoruba and Hausa channels became possible because there are lots of movies in those languages.It is very unlikely that there will be African Magic Igbo or something similar in the future.
In that future you will see Igbos crying of marginalization. They will say that not having such a movie channel was a calculated attempt by the Hausas and Yorubas to "kill" the Igbo culture. But the fact is that all the Igbos in the Nigerian Movie Industry have done what the typical Ibo man does - - -sell their birth rights for a plate of porridge. Now they stopped promoting their culture just to make quicker gains in Nigerian English movies.
I remember in the early 1990s I used to watch Igbo movies and they were very nice though reaching far less audience than the Nigerian English movies. However,the Yoruba and Hausa movies were in a similar situation with Igbo movies having a greater advantage that the Hausa movies simply because the average Hausa man could not and can still not afford to buy a video player and video cassettes/cds but the average ibo man could and still can.

You can see how the greed and lack of foresight of just a few "leaders" shape the future of an entire people.

Ibos are very intelligent people but with a basic problem of easily selling their birth rights for a plate of porridge.

(1) (Reply)

'Strive' (Love, Hate & Quest) - Trailer & Synopsis / NTA News and Radio Nigeria on Your Desktop / The Best Nollywood Movie For 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.