Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared (1042 Views)

Pls How Do I Use My Nokia E63 As A Modern For My Desktop Cmp / Can't See My Desktop / I Could Not Delete A Particular Winrar Zip File On My Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by legendprac(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2010
Pls I need help on how to see my desktop icons. The only tin I see is the wallpaper, nothing else shows. Not even my windows sidebar dat I activated. How do I solve dis problem
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by 1LIFE: 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2010
just right click on the desktop,select properties a dialog box appears,click on desktop,select customize desktop you will see desktop icons,check all the items you see,click apply and ok or alternatively click on restore default,click apply and ok.cheers.

aramol2003@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by legendprac(m): 12:26am On Apr 06, 2010
Thanks, will try it and give u a feedback
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by netmoney(m): 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
If you right-click on your desktop but does not see the drop-down menu, then, it's likely that your system has been infected with viruses (especially the memory.) Then, you will have to restart your computer in SAFE MODE. If it boots this way, then you can back up all your files, because you must have to format and reinstall the OS.
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by scantee(m): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
@topic
which operating system are you using?
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by legendprac(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
I have tried, didn't work, well I using my desktop item from my toolbar.

am using windows vista
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by snoopy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
i know exactly yo' problem and its a very common type especially on windows xp o.s. Its a virus problem on yo' system and it affected the explorer file in yo' system files and it doesnt boot along. To get yo' icons back in the meantime just use yo' alt-ctrl-del buttons then go to run and type in ''explorer.exe'' then yo' icons and task bar will be restored then scan yo' system and have the viruses removed. P.s if after cleanin the viruses its still the same, get sum1 that uses the same o.s then go his system files and copy his own explorer.exe file then delete yo' own and replace. That should solve the problem permanently
Re: My Desktop Icons Have All Disappeared by deribigbe(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
it could b solved !Contact
ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588

(1) (Reply)

1.2m Vsat Equipments For Sale / How To Get Thousands Of Facebook Fans Everyday - For Free! / Airlines E Ticket Payment System Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.