Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants (29269 Views)

How Much Exactly Is A Graduate Starting Salary? / What Is The Starting Salary For A Fresh NCE Holder In Private Teaching Job? / Starting Salary In Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mema900: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2017
Do we still need chartered accountants in this computer age?
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Ugo4hotish(m): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2017
please I'm a serving kopa who studied accounting. I'm thinking of futhering my education after service. and the options I'm considering is to
1. go for ican
2. go for MSc. Accounting
or
3. go for MBa. Accounting
nairalanders, which one do you think I should go for first?
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Dething: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2017
Nawa ooooo, this life sha!
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Ugo4hotish(m): 7:39am On Dec 26, 2017
mema900:
no we need your father's d*ck to do the accounting jobs

4 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2017
Ugo4hotish:
please I'm a serving kopa who studied accounting. I'm thinking of futhering my education after service. and the options I'm considering is to
1. go for ican
or
go for ican. Msc accounting is a waste of time, MBA means master of business administration. No such tin as mba accounting.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mgbadike81: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2017
Inyanga:

If I may ask, are you one? You don't really seem like one..
if I were one, I wouldn't need to ask this question, would I?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by kense88: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Even people that sell water at the borehole earn more than chartered accountants.

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by quinnboy: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Which pays more.....auditor, cost accountant, financial accountant ?
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Sammiejokes(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Ugo4hotish:
1. go for ican
or
get your ican first, very important.Msc or MBA does not make you an accountant.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mgbadike81: 7:44am On Dec 26, 2017
yeyerolling:
No such tin as starting salary for a chartered accountant. In big fours like pwc,kpmg nd others you get 120k-150k, in banks dey are treated as same with oda entry levels, some chartered accountants are contract staff in banks earning 50k-80k, some are full staff earning 120k-240k. In small audit firms 40-50k. For other industries if you have zero experience u get paid same as other entry level staff. NB- been chartered for 8 years
thank you and remain blessed.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by GavelSlam: 7:53am On Dec 26, 2017
Remuneration is rather low in the country but there are so many facets to why.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Youngzedd(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2017
MYGRATEskillz:

your cousin senior brother... ok

Lie detector sir grin grin grin

Children of Lie Mohammed plenty for this forum.

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by supereagle(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2017
I thought they pay them well. Big Brothers get more than them.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mgbadike81: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2017
geostrata:
40k foundation
70k intermediate
over 100k professional

with experience over 150k and above
wonderful answer, thank you.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mgbadike81: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:
Remuneration is rather low in the country but there are so many facets to why.
do you mind explaining more? thanks.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by ufotty2001: 8:10am On Dec 26, 2017
being a chartered accountant in nigeria is over rated by ICAN meanwhile in the public they earn as low as 50-80k... Na ican just make the certificate look over hype.. the way the country is going to now this certification go be like tissue paper in the next 10years or ot will look like BSC...

3 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by seguno2: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2017
SIaye:
Guy them they write accountant of head? undecided get sense you say no undecided

You are the one who needs to get some sense and need to do so urgently.
The question that the OP asked and the manner of writing suggests that he is not yet a chartered accountant.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mgbadike81: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2017
ufotty2001:
being a chartered accountant in nigeria is over rated by ICAN meanwhile in the public they earn as low as 50-80k... Na ican just make the certificate look over hype.. the way the country is going to now this certification go be like tissue paper in the next 10years or ot will look like BSC...
wow,that's quite sad,so what would you suggest for young professionals.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by jobsat34(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2017
SIaye:
120k entry staff as a Banker. Other companies from min is 80k to 240k max, what I know off, studied accounting.

300k upward in my coy
Tho experienced..
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by ajasa4link: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2017
Ugo4hotish:
1. go for ican
or

Go for Ur ICAN to move up the ladder. MBA will only come in handy when u are close to the managerial care.

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by vertueptime: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2017
Ngo pays up to 600k monthly
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Ejaisky: 8:37am On Dec 26, 2017
The entry level is two levels ahead of someone with only first degree in government institutions.
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by meshinoye(m): 8:37am On Dec 26, 2017
Experience is the basic ingredients for fat salary as an accountant. I know of a guy that had just HND in Accountancy and MBA with over 14years experiences, earned​ up to 300k
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by bigpicture001: 8:39am On Dec 26, 2017
Nigerian youth and job hunt..i tot obj made it compulsory that every graduate must at one stage of thier study year, study entrepreneurship.now y aren't this graduates making use of this course.when u here entrepreneur, he here of poultry nd fish farming what is wrong with the graduate youths. all they cared about is who pays,govt allawee,who employs.it is tru that everyone will not be an entrepreneur, but most are not giving it a go at all.i graduated just 3 years ago,while I await ma clearance, I stated to teach,raised money plus prudent savings from youth service, I stabilised at the teaching, not second skl ooo.at s university, latr I could gather say 600k nd I rented a double spaced office,luked for wot services is needed where I stay,nd stated giving out dox services,yet I still teach.in one year,it had turned into a 6mill naira revenue biz,i now employ 4 persons,nd profit after expenditure is 4. 7 mllion..i got an OND acct graduate also employed at 40k monthly.av got a care,rented a flat.nd now tinks about what next to dabble into to stabilise the revenue,something the town cannot do without.wen am don with that it nxt to get.married,all that's to the university which opened ma eyes nd also to economics that I gatecrashed as a course of study..graduates use your brain..meet one or two fellow job seeking chattered acct. create a name, go out to seek for deals esp from small firms,they will listen if ur good nd cheap.from there your name grows nd a job is on the table for you.just think deeper!!!
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2017
mema900:
sorry For Yourself
Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by mjay(m): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2017
... graduates use your brain..meet one or two fellow job seeking chattered acct. create a name, go out to seek for deals esp from small firms,they will listen if ur good nd cheap.from there your name grows nd a job is on the table for you.just think deeper!!!...

The above is true talk. May the good Lord continue to lead us aright.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by meshinoye(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2017
mema900:

Accounting profession is beyond Dr and Cr or IT, The IT can only handles the bookkeeping aspect which is not an accountant job. It requires some strategic thinking, professional judgement and knowledge of applications of the IFRS, ISA, IAS to dynamics real life cases and other financial laws and regulations.

Let wait untill robot start representing clients in the court of law before we start talking of IT taking over Accountant job.

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by julyb(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2017
I am not yet chartered.my current pay is 250K though I have like 3 years experience.Na grace of God.I have a friend not equally chartered with over 5 years experience earning over 300K.My immediate boss with ACA earns 900K monthly.I think we should build our experiences & search for the right job.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2017
ufotty2001:
one Need To Start From Somewhere To Get Start Up Capital.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2017
meshinoye:

Accounting profession is beyond Dr and Cr or IT, The IT can only handles the bookkeeping aspect which is not an accountant job. It requires some strategic thinking, professional judgement and knowledge of applications of the IFRS, ISA, IAS and other financial laws and regulations.

Let wait untill robot start representing clients in the court of law before we start talking of IT taking over Accountant job.
gbam, Noneaccountants Always Think Bookkeeping Is The Function Of An Accountant

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by aspirebig: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2017
OP.....no fixed salary for any certified profession in Nigeria...not just chartered accountant, even doctors , lawyers etc.

If you are lucky, you be earning well.

There are many chartered accountants that are jobless too.

So you need serious plan to "manage" your expectation.

Keep improving yourself with other relevant skills.

1 Like

Re: What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants by pedrilo: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2017
yeyerolling:
No such tin as starting salary for a chartered accountant. In big fours like pwc,kpmg nd others you get 120k-150k, in banks dey are treated as same with oda entry levels, some chartered accountants are contract staff in banks earning 50k-80k, some are full staff earning 120k-240k. In small audit firms 40-50k. For other industries if you have zero experience u get paid same as other entry level staff. NB- been chartered for 8 years
very correct

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test / Pushcv Stage 3: Who Passed & Who Got Disqualified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.