Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,086 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Ben Bruce Talk Though On Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Talk Though On Restructuring (496 Views)

Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return / Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / Don't Take Our Silence On Restructuring For Granted - Northern Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Talk Though On Restructuring by stev120(m): 6:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, on Wednesday, said no nation devoid of a national carrier yet with the “highest number of private jet owners” would say it doesn’t need restructuring.
Senator Murray-Bruce, who represents Bayelsa east, said Nigeria as a nation is “not working as a state”.
Speaking at an event organised by the House of Justice in Kaduna State, the Senator said if the country is restructured, states that are generating less revenue than Lagos state would not be getting the largest share of revenue allocation from the Federal Government.
“Nigeria is not working as a state. Our population is growing faster than our economy. It should be obvious by now that if we do not renegotiate Nigeria if we do not restructure, we will keep reacting to one problem or the other.
RELATED: Ex-President Jonathan Congratulates Wizkid On MOBO Awards Win
“How could we say a nation with the highest number of private jet owners, yet without its airline does not need restructuring?
“By restructuring, we will not have a situation where Lagos generates five percent of Nigeria’s value-added tax, yet other states get the largest share of those revenues than Lagos state.
“This is even when those states banned the sale of the items from Lagos in their states.”
On his part, former military head of state, Yakubu Gowon said poverty is the biggest enemy of the country’s democracy.
Gowon said unless jobs are created, the country would continue to languish in poverty.
“If we want our democracy to be durable and ensure a just an peaceful nation, we must generate jobs for the unemployment,” he said.
RELATED: Ben Bruce Asks FG To Sell NTA To Its Employees
“The issue of politics without principles is becoming worrisome, where the highest bidder have takes whatever is on the table. That cannot be the way of politics.
“No nation can ever build a society where the consideration is not in terms of value, principles or ideals, but to share money.
“If we want to build a nation of justice and peace, it cannot be on the basis of the highest bidder. We must reject poverty. This rejection of poverty is legitimate. Millions of Nigerians are poor.
“The biggest enemy of democracy is poverty. When people are poor, when people are reduced to destitute, then a little money can change their minds. Therefore, the freedom of choice in a democracy is taken away by those who control the resources.”
ben murray bruceRestructuring
Re: Ben Bruce Talk Though On Restructuring by agwom(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Ben Bruce Talk Though On Restructuring by Emyogalanya: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2017
DID NOT BOTHER TO READ. G ALREADY KNOW ITS CONTENTS WILL COME WITH GOOD IDEAS WITH POLISHED ENGLISH. BUT ONE THING THAT WILL BE MISSING WILL BE WALKING TOUGH AND ACTING TOUGH. WHEN WILL SOUTHERN POLITICIANS EMULATE THIER NORTHERN COLEAGUES AND ACT TOUGH IN ISSUES THAT CONCERN THIER PEOPLE IN THE GRASSROOTS. COWARDS

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know My Age, I Thought I Was 74 But Was Told I’m 75 — Buhari / Buhari Fails To Award National Honours In Two Years / PDP Tackle APC Over Buhari's True Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.