Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,798 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Best Gift To Give Out This Christmas Season. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Gift To Give Out This Christmas Season. (270 Views)

Ada Jesus' Mother Rejects Prophet Odumeje's N1 Million Gift To Ada Jesus (Video) / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Gift To Give Out This Christmas Season. by madumelu(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2017
Christmas is a season of celebration. That’s all I can tell as far as my childhood is concerned and even now I have grown up though I get more enlighten inspiration about it as I grow up. It’s precisely a season we remember and as well celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. But is it all about his birth because our own births are not celebrated just as his (Jesus). No I don’t agree with such concept because as much I have gathered  and know the true celebration I strongly believe boils down in the purpose for Christ birth and coming – that is the salvation he brought to us.

Our lord Jesus was made manifest to redeem us helpless sinners from condemnation for we have all sinned and its wages is death. Nevertheless, the Bible tells us, “there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” – Rom 8:1.

Jesus had paid for our debt which is the basic reason for his manifestation, so that through him we can gain eternal life and the righteousness of God, our father in heaven.

However, God’s gift to us to show and prove his love for us is giving out his only begotten son Jesus for our salvation. No wonder Christmas is characterized by gifting and wonderful amazing packages from one to another, loved ones, family, partners, less privileged, the poor, because God first started it – he gave us Jesus.

Perhaps, what best gift can you offer one in this same Celebration to prove God’s and your love to another because I know in every true celebration there’s a cause and in the celebration there’s as well an aspect of giving out presents/gifts just as God gave Jesus to prove his love.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and that whosoever believe in him will not perish but have an everlasting life” – John 3:16.

What again I want us to be cleared with is in the reason for giving out Jesus. Was it for our redemption or condemnation that is, is it for our good or bad? Here is the truth; God gave us Jesus for our good. Re-read again the above bible passage – John 3:16.

According to Apostle Paul epistle to the Galatians, he says, “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us – for it is written, cursed be everyone who hangs on a tree” – Gal 3:13. So it’s clear here that Jesus birthing was for our salvation, redemption and freedom from both the curse of the law (death) and the wickedness of our adversary (the devil).

Now back to ourselves and what we give out as Christmas gift. Is it what will help and benefit fruitfully the receiver or what will destroy them? Mind you, whatever you give out matters a lot. God gave us Jesus for our safety and good which equally prove his love for us – so what you give out ought to be for others good and should prove your own love and as the bible tells us, “let love be genuine; hate what is evil hold fast to what is good – Rom 12:9“.

However, many give out premarital sex to so-called lovers, some give out drinks and food items, others season greeting cards, valuable gifts etc, and few shares God’s love, the gospel.

Food is good, drinks is wonderful, greeting cards are okay, premarital sex is sinful and so must be avoided but above all this there’s a best of them – the gospel. The great difference is that the former can be exhausted with time and even forgotten while the latter – the gospel is life and benefit gloriously for the rest of our days.

In the story of Jesus meeting with the Samaritan woman discussed in John chap. 4; Jesus pleaded with the woman of Samaritan to give him water, who he met on Jacob’s well while waiting for his disciples who had gone into the town to buy food and he’s very thirsty. While the fearful woman had refused on the ground that Jews have nothing to do with Samaritans.

“Jesus answered her, if you knew the gift of God and who is he that ask you for a drink, you would have asked him and would have given you the living water” – John 4:10.
In verse 13c, “Jesus answered …the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”. The water Jesus talks about here is nothing else but the gospel and its benefit just as we heard from Jesus never has no ending.

Therefore, share the gospel with someone – for in it is true love. Save someone’s life. This is the best gift to give out this Christmas season to prove your love to others just as God showed us by giving us Jesus. Remember, there’s joy in heaven over one sinner who repents.

I believe if you will cause heaven to rejoice this season of celebration; heaven will reciprocate that by causing your own joy to be celebrated overtime.

I pray for you, that God give you more grace as you embark on this journey of saving life through the gospel propagation.

REMAIN BLESSED

Click the link below to continue reading: http://www.faithinspirationblog.com/2017/12/25/3-best-ways-celebrate-fun-christmas/

(1) (Reply)

Thread Closed and Resolved / Chris Tomlin Announces New Single ‘resurrection Power’ / God Speaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.