Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks (1678 Views)

Argentina Vs Croatia: Is Messi The True G.o.a.t? / President Of Croatia Is So Humble / The President Of Croatia Is A Woman And A Super Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by codedking11: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
http://codedking.com.ng/why-croatia-is-better-than-super-eagles-iceland-this-football-legend-speaks-ahead-of-world-cup/

Croatia legend, Robert Prosinecki, has stated that his country is far ahead of Nigeria and Iceland in the Group D of the 2018 World Cup.

Prosinecki said the. country’s current team possesses the quality to beat Nigeria and the other teams in Group D in Russia.

The Croats will face the Super Eagles in their first group game at the Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad on June 16 2018.

Argentina and the debutants Iceland are the other teams in the group.

Prosinecki hinted that they have the quality to not only beat their Group D foes but make a strong impact at the mundial.

“If we have a top class – and we have it unquestionably – then we can not talk about Nigeria and Iceland as rivals that can stop us from making it from the group,” Prosinecki said in an interview with Sportske.jutarnji.hr.

“Respect and respect absolutely, but with the quality we have, we are far ahead of them.

“Croatia has a fantastic team, has a long-standing generation that has shown its ambition and character and that is why we are optimistic of doing well in Russia. In France we were good at Euro, but now we have to be even better.

“We have to go through the group and that will bring us to the knockout phase. There is no opponent in the group that we cannot beat.

“Maybe we are not the best in the world, but we are so strong that we can play with everybody and beat them in a good day,”‎ he added.

http://codedking.com.ng/why-croatia-is-better-than-super-eagles-iceland-this-football-legend-speaks-ahead-of-world-cup/

Visit Http://codedking.com.ng for more info
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by kachi19: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
WILL YOU KEEP QWAYET
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by codedking11: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
Y will I keep quiet when http://codedking.com.ng is the best Entertainment portal
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
Without sentiments, I don't think Nigeria has a chance in that group
It's only God's grace, hard work and dedication that can take us out of the group

1 Like

Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
Everyone is playing mind games and trying to gain the mental edge

In Russia we will definitely find out who will win
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
emwyy:
It's only God's grace, hard work and dedication that can take us out of the group

Without sentiments I think if we are disciplined, organised, avoid silly free kicks from critical areas and defend as a team we will go far,

Teams don’t tend to outplay us, they tend to outsmart us.

Like winning free kicks in deadly areas or scoring from corner kick!
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by successinlife: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
emwyy:

With or Without sentiments,Nigeria will advance from this group.Argentina better beware!! European second grade teams has never find it easy with any african teams at the global level,I think Croatia need to ask the likes of France who got beaten at 2002 world cup,Spain suffered in the hands of Nigeria in 1998,Bulgaria got what they didn't bergain for at 1994 world cup,the exploits of Cameroon in 1990 world cup.Unless the african teams leave behind their God given athletism,pace with good management,I fancied the chances of the qualified african teams at next year world cup.African teams are underrated and i think the world would be shocked come next year.

3 Likes

Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 27, 2017
successinlife:

With or Without sentiments,Nigeria will advance from this group.Argentina better beware!! European second grade teams has never find it easy with any african teams at the global level,I think Croatia need to ask the likes of France who got beaten at 2002 world cup,Spain suffered in the hands of Nigeria in 1998,Bulgaria got what they didn't bergain for at 1994 world cup,the exploits of Cameroon in 1990 world cup.Unless the african teams leave behind their God given athletism,pace with good management,I fancied the chances of the qualified african teams at next year world cup.African teams are underrated and i think the world would be shocked come next year.

Completely agree
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2017
successinlife:

Every year the same story...bro i disagree...white men are damn organized and it reflects in their sports
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Kampack: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
legitimatefrank1:
Every year the same story...bro i disagree...white men are damn organized and it reflects in their sports

you've got the word I was looking for: the missing link : "ORGANISATION"

1 Like

Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by successinlife: 7:53am On Dec 28, 2017
legitimatefrank1:

If Croatia is part of the Countries that we count organised then there is problem in Africa.Atimes we underrate ourselves because we are told to believe we aren't better.Argentina,Nigeria,Iceland and Croatia in that order,remind me after the group stages,if Argentina fail to address their defensive problem then Iceland and Nigeria move on.Organisation is poor but natural talent and pace/athletism European teams lack these elements.The super eagles team of recent is well handled with less sentiments.I reiterate to be quoted after the group matches.

1 Like

Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2017
successinlife:

If Croatia is part of the Countries that we count organised then there is problem in Africa.Atimes we underrate ourselves because we are told to believe we aren't better.Argentina,Nigeria,Iceland and Croatia in that order,remind me after the group stages,if Argentina fail to address their defensive problem then Iceland and Nigeria move on.Organisation is poor but natural talent and pace/athletism European teams lack this element.The super eagles team of recent is well handled with less sentiments.I reiterate to be quoted after the group matches.
Bro all we have his hopes...its not a certainty...but i for one would be the the happiest man if we can be able to lift the trophy...but the reality is a far different scenario...and please dont use our 4-2 victory as a yardstick in thinking that we are that good...we are just Average
Re: Why Croatia Is Better Than Super Eagles & Iceland’ This Football Legend Speaks by successinlife: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2017
legitimatefrank1:
Bro all we have his hopes...its not a certainty...but i for one would be the the happiest man if we can be able to lift the trophy...but the reality is a far different scenario...and please dont use our 4-2 victory as a yardstick in thinking that we are that good...we are just Average

I like analysis,Nigeria has more than hope,Nigeria doesn't belong to the first twenty footballing nations in the world which i termed first group.I can boastfully tell you that Nigeria is among the second strings,the range is now left to our personal opinions.Sports required first the physical ability, training and later we talk about discipline,mental strength,tactics and organisation ability etc.Let us check out the dominating countries in sports that requied less organisation and those that requied high level of organisational committments,Afro-American holds the sway.
Argentina struggled to qualify from South America,Croatis isn't fantastic,Iceland can not be above Nigeria in whatever sporting standards.

No second rated teams in the world is capable of winning the world cup,Hungary,Croatia,Nigeria,Slovakia,Portugal,Cameroon etc,it is not Nigeria thing alone,it takes alot of planning and investment to get there,even many among the first rated teams in the world struggled to win the world cup,France,England,Belgium,Holland etc to mention but few.

If we aren't sure of qualifying from this group what would have been our fate where Brazil,Spain,Germany etc.If the organised countries believe they have what it takes without stealing from africa's agility and inborn strength/athletism they should leave out players with afro blood and let's see where they will end up.In essence if Africa teams fumble in sports it is a disgrace and mostly have to do with sports management.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Geomancy Bet Predictions Are Back And Free. / Ronaldo to start wearing no.9 - Sarri / Cristiano Ronaldo And Messi Fans Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.