Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria (9359 Views)

NUC Approved Of A New Grading System In Nigerian University / NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria / Nuc Approved Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by jbbalarabe(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
From Segun Adebanjo:

NUC Approved New Grade System
For Universities

"The National Universities Commission, NUC is no longer using a scale of 5.

The new system is based on a scale of 4.
First Class is 3.5 – 4.
Second Class is 3 – 3.49.
Second class lower is 2.0 – 2.99.

According to NUC Chairman, Professor Shehu Galadanchi, in a released to all Nigerian Universities.

THE NEWLY APPROVED GRADING
SYSTEM FOR UNIVERSITIES

"Under the new Four (4)-Point Grading Scale, grades to be used for students who have satisfactorily completed the course of study are as follows:

Letter Grade: Marks Grade Point:
A (70 and above) 4
B (60-69%) 3
C (50-59%) 2
D (45-49%) 1
E (40-44%) 0.

CGPA Ranges under the new Four (4)- Point Grading Scale for Classification of Degrees:
3.5- 4.00 – First Class Honours
3.0-3.49 – Second Class Honours (Upper Division).
2.0-2.99 – Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
1.0-1.99 – Third Class Honours.

No student whose CGPA is less than 1.0 shall be awarded a degree.
Deans of Faculties and Heads of Departments are enjoined to ensure compliance and commencement of the new regulations with the intakes of 2017/2018 Session, while the old regulations remain applicable to students admitted before the 2017/2018 Session."

sign: NUC CHAIRMAN
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by Chili89: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ok.
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by Bagbe001: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
This will b equivalent to HND grading
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bagbe001:
This will b equivalent to HND grading
yes
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 12:48am On Dec 27, 2017
I will go back to my school to change my result to first class cos that's where I belong now. They should expect me soon.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by cool318(m): 5:27am On Dec 27, 2017
They should work on some of the outdated and antiquated curriculums which are no longer viable in this 21st century, only with that, we know they are Serious
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2017
crackhouse:
I will go back to my school to change my result to first class cos that's where I belong now. They should expect me soon.

If u are smart enough u will know that Ur CGPA will also reduce due to the change in grade points. Ur A back then which was 5 points will now be 4 points, down to Ur least grade. U will still fall under 2.1 that's If u graduated with 2.1

3 Likes

Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2017
Its still the same thing.
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by Sammypedro18(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
This is d least problem in d education sector, incompetent lecturers, lack of academic staff, rigid rules in some schls, manner of learning/teaching....a chemistry graduate doesn't even know what PbSO4 looks like

1 Like

Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by BrutusOj(m): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
crackhouse:
you just said my mind..watch out how first class will become a joke everywhere now..
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
How true is this? No reference to the online news except the reporter?. Please op kindly explain this
Re: NUC Approved New Grade System For Universities In Nigeria by daveP(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
And they expect students to dance to this blurred tune? lalasticlala, will this make a snake surface?

(1) (Reply)

Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Warning Strike Today / Is It True Prof Miriam Ikejiani-clarke of UNN Is Dead / My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.