Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses (1315 Views)

Help!!! Is It Possible To Control A Poultry Business Outside Nigerian / Customs Impounds Dangote Truck With N47 Million Contraband Poultry (Photos) / Poultry Consultant,, Learn How To Setup A Poultry Farm Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by OgahBohz: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello ladies and gentle men, please I need a concise evaluation of how much I'll need to start a poultry business,

I have great passion for it, and I'll prefer to start with layers (since eggs sells faster) . the only capital I have for now is land.

just completed my NYSC program and y'all know there is no job anywhere ... I am thinking of 100 to 150k as monetary capital to strt with ...
is that too small? what profit will I be expecting with that, and when will the profits start coming ? etc ...

pls ur responses will really help a brother ...thanks
Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by RealityShot: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
OgahBohz:
Hello ladies and gentle men, please I need a concise evaluation of how much I'll need to start a poultry business,

I have great passion for it, and I'll prefer to start with layers (since eggs sells faster) . the only capital I have for now is land.

just completed my NYSC program and y'all know there is no job anywhere ... I am thinking of 100 to 150k as monetary capital to strt with ...
is that too small? what profit will I be expecting with that, and when will the profits start coming ? etc ...

pls ur responses will really help a brother ...thanks
120 hens battery cage ~ 70k
a brooding cage ~ 10k
100 birds rearing costs (feeds drugs) (1300/hen) before they start laying ~ 130k
total.. ~ 210k

you can always start with 50 birds and cut down feeding costs at start up..

But buy the cages so you dont get sucked into "deep litre system"

Battery cage sellers are here on NL..search for their threads.

Follow Emmaachile and Turks.

good Luck

1 Like

Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by darexkey(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
I'm currently running a promo for business plan on layer cage system for just N5k.
Check for more info
https://www.nairaland.com/3700939/christmas-business-plan-offer-semi-automatic
Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by OgahBohz: 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
RealityShot:

120 hens battery cage ~ 70k
a brooding cage ~ 10k
100 birds rearing costs (feeds drugs) (1300/hen) before they start laying ~ 130k
total.. ~ 210k

you can always start with 50 birds and cut down feeding costs at start up..

But buy the cages so you dont get sucked into "deep litre system"

Battery cage sellers are here on NL..search for their threads.

Follow Emmaachile and Turks.

good Luck

How many eggs can a hen lay during its POL?
Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by RealityShot: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
OgahBohz:

How many eggs can a hen lay during its POL?
they lay one a day, as far as i know. Some may skip some days, depending on certain conditions..

they lay good-size eggs for about 1 year.. Then it gets smaller..

(i stand to be corrected.. Its been long since i raised layers)

#Emmaachile #Turks

2 Likes

Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by OgahBohz: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
RealityShot:
they lay one a day, as far as i know. Some may skip some days, depending on certain conditions..

they lay good-size eggs for about 1 year.. Then it gets smaller..

(i stand to be corrected.. Its been long since i raised layers)

#Emmaachile #Turks

thanks Boss, do.u have any site where I can get this infos? pls
Re: How Much It Will Take To Start A Poultry Businesses by RealityShot: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
OgahBohz:

thanks Boss, do.u have any site where I can get this infos? pls
this site has all the info and gurus you need.

but you can google it and check for sarc books

(1) (Reply)

New Skill For The New Year Means New Income, No Juju, No Jax / Ice Block Machine For Sale. Good Perfect Condition / Use Getittome App To Deliver Cakes, Letters And Packages in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.