Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Politics In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics In Nigeria! (1021 Views)

QH / How Can I Get Into Politics In Nigeria / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Nigeria! by lewa(m): 4:42am On Feb 28, 2007
With less than 3 months to go for Ladoja(probably for good),he appointed 12 new special advisers!12 can you imagine i n the twilight of his tenure!Na wa o!Here was someone many thought stood for fiscal responsibility and now this!Someone should help me.Here's the story.From www.thenewsng.com
By Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan

Crisis has erupted btween Governor Rashidi Ladoja of Oyo State and 13 lawmakers of Oyo State House of Assembly loyal to him over the recent appointment of 12 Special Adevisers by the governor. The aggrieved lawmakers , sources said, alleged that the governor made the appointment without carrying them along , adding that most of the newly-appointed aides were their arch political opponents who spearheaded the unconstitutional removal of the governor on 12 January last year. It was gathered that the pro-Ladoja lawmakers were said to have been offended that they have concluded plans to withdraw their support for the governor who was reinstated by the apex court on 7 December last, 2006.

The legislators stated that “the unilateral decision of the governor had exposed us to more dangers in our various constituencies as names of their supporters submitted for consideration were dropped while politicians who had been prepared to replace us in the event of a bye-election in our constituencies were favoured.” Making particular reference to the appointment of one of the newly appointed special advisers, one of the aggrieved legislators said: “this is a person who had printed handbills after having been approached by Chief Lamidi Adedibu camp to get set to replace me in the bye election”.

According to him, “the said appointee not only printed handbills, he had surreptitiously embarked on campaign and assured the people of the area that he would contest to take over the position because the lawmaker had abandoned them to follow Ladoja. “What the governor has done to us is very painful. He now used us (the G-13) who actually made his impeachment impossible, as a sacrificial lamb. He used us and dumped us like a pack of cards. This is very unfair,” he complained. The lawmakers pointed out that since the new appointments were made last week, people from their constituencies had been disapproving the move. “What do we tell them now? That this is all we got from all the troubles we went through during those terrible months? Even some us received death threats from opponents who saw us as the stumbling blocks on their way,” one of the lawmakers said.

The governor, last week appointed 12 new aides who were nominees of some of the leaders of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state. Among those appointed was Miss Kafayat Adeojo (Snr. Special Assistant), daughter of Alhaji Yekini Adeojo, the former Deputy National Vice- Chairman, (South).
Re: Politics In Nigeria! by lewa(m): 4:43am On Feb 28, 2007
In Ekiti State,the Generalissimo,(sorry, Military Administrator) swore in an economic advisory team!Olurin's mandate expires in a few weeks,what's the purpose of this wasteful exercise?A lot of people,especially the ruling elite forget about how history would judge them.Initially,if Olurin were to be a gentleman(In Nigeria they are not),he should have refused the appointment as a matter of principle!Alas,in Nigeria such calls for thanksgiving in Church for the opportunity to reap where they did not so or even planned to buy land in.Olurin is Yewa from Ogun State and to me it's shameful that once again the ignoble list of spoilersfrom Ogun have had a new member to swell their ranks. Remember Shonekan and down memory lane Majekodunmi!
I don tire!
Re: Politics In Nigeria! by lewa(m): 4:44am On Feb 28, 2007
OBJ another spoiler too

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Threatens Iwu / Halifax Pull Out Of Commonwealth Games / Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.