Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Please Spare Some Time To Advise Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Spare Some Time To Advise Me (346 Views)

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! / New Youtuber ..please Spare A Minute And Subscribe ..its Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Spare Some Time To Advise Me by codeFalcon(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
Just recently as i always do before now, just read nairaland user topics and comments. I found a topic titled "STOP! dont buy that HND form". As someone who just struggled together to just pay for my HND form at Yaba college of technology. I felt i was making a mistake reading through peeps comments. Now this is my plight.

I am a software developer(c,php,python/flask, currently learning(java/Jsp)) , I graduated with distinction OND computer science from Yabatech, and got a job outside lagos. Although the pay not that much but i was on getting that needed experience. Now, atleast to some level the confidence level is higher and i can take on any development project. But i am wary of the dichotomy between HND and BSc, how it can be of hindrance after school. Also to note that i actually believe in myself in terms of entrepreneurial things, but that (what if i failed entrepreneurially / i am unable to get a job with HND). Like the fall back to, or the startup with kind of funds.

I am 22, my gf on my neck to get DE form. her point is, the kids mindset about education when we eventually get married. Not that i dont want the BSc, but to my self, I am feeling i am good to go if continue with this pace. I am a senior developer at work, hardworking and cool.See school has probably inadequate use of time on outdated stuffs(that y i choose to finish up the 2 years HND program and start channeling my own path) .Can i ditch the BSc and just do my HND or I should go take the D.E form.

p.s: I also have the thought doing NOUN same time with my HND. I was able to retain my work , by negotiating working for the company remotely if i eventually leaves for my HND.

Pls mature advices, Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

How To Multiply Any Number By 11 In 3 Seconds | Maths Trick / Never DO THIS 2018 / Please Any Idea/past Questions On Nlng Industrial Training, It Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.