Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security (1392 Views)

Do You Have Problem With Access Bank USSD Transfer Code? / Access Bank Increases Charge For USSD Transfer / Pantami Warns Telcos Against Blocking Bank USSD Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by remele2(f): 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello Nlanders, if u saved ur BVN code on ur phone, please i advice you delete it now.

My sister's phone was stolen on her way back from NYSC wahala, at oshodi those pick pocket guys stole her phone, though the phone has a security lock, but they just brought out her SIM card and inserted it in another phone , since her BVN number was stored on her SIM, it was very easy for them..... they cleared her account to zero b4 she even got home.

With diz, it's clear that with just ur SIM in the wrong hand, ur money is nolonger yours.

Dial *901*2*AMOUNT*NUBAN Account Number# e.g *901*2*1000*1234512345#) from your phone. Then authenticate with the last four digits of your BVN.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by weslay: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
Sad. She can contact her bank to help trace the beneficiaries. However, I will advice she does not store her BVN on any device.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by remele2(f): 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
weslay:
Sad. She can contact her bank to help trace the beneficiaries. However, I will advice she does not store her BVN on any device.

She did already and they promised to follow it up..

Even my BVN and almost all the pple i told about diz, have der BVN stored on der phone....
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by remele2(f): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
remele2:
Hello Nlanders, if u saved ur BVN code on ur phone, please i advice you delete it now.

My sister's phone was stolen on her way back from NYSC wahala, at oshodi those pick pocket guys stole her phone, though the phone has a security lock, but they just brought out her SIM card and inserted it in another phone , since her BVN number was stored on her SIM, it was very easy for them..... they cleared her account to zero b4 she even got home.

With diz, it's clear that with just ur SIM in the wrong hand, ur money is nolonger yours.

Dial *901*2*AMOUNT*NUBAN Account Number# e.g *901*2*1000*1234512345#) from your phone. Then authenticate with the last four digits of your BVN.

LALASTICLALA...... this information will be good for Front page , it may save someone out there, i never knew that ACCESS BANK USSD banking is this porous.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by chyima(f): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2018
with *565*2#,sent from the number maintained on your BVN details it will be sent as an SMS to your phone.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by chyima(f): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
I haven't locked my sim before ,trying to do it now and is requesting for my pin.How do I go about it ,some one has to be security conscious now.who has an idea with HTC phone
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by akashi01(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
chyima:
with *565*2#,sent from the number maintained on your BVN details it will be sent as an SMS to your phone.

It's not Access Bank's fault then. That's how the system is.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
It is very easy to trace whoever has your money, there is a limit to how much you can transfer with that code using access bank
remele2:

Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by bedfordng(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
chyima:
I haven't locked my sim before ,trying to do it now and is requesting for my pin.How do I go about it ,some one has to be security conscious now.who has an idea with HTC phone
if its asking for pin, then try the puk code on the sim pack since you want to lock the sim. wouldn't advice locking sim because you lost the sim pack, it will be another case.
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by chyima(f): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
ChiefPiiko:
It is very easy to trace whoever has your money, there is a limit to how much you can transfer with that code using access bank

though is meant to be easy to locate where the monies where transfer to but this guy's also are playing smart.my sister had same issue we got police report and court affidavit for these accounts but the one living in Lagos maintained a wrong details ( phone number and home address) also was. a one tier account.
the other guys where students schooling in imo state.
police where requesting for mobilisation to go over there about 100K,which the guys will pay us also when we get them
my sister later met a friend who works with CBN who follow up with her bank and she was paid back
Re: Access Bank Ussd Transfer Has Zero Security by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
walk to your bank customer care and complain to them, if there don't comply on time, get a lawyer to write a demand letter. That will work quickly coz if you sue the bank has a lot to lose
chyima:

though is meant to be easy to locate where the monies where transfer to but this guy's also are playing smart.my sister had same issue we got police report and court affidavit for these accounts but the one living in Lagos maintained a wrong details ( phone number and home address) also was. a one tier account.
the other guys where students sch

(1) (Reply)

With Only N20, You Can Become A Millionaire A La Mega Games Promo / Company Profile/brochure Design In Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja / Visit Perkins Oem Distributor In Nigeria For Your Generator Set,sparepart,etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.