Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

I Will Attack My Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Will Attack My Father (3414 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... / I Just Cut The Cord With My Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Attack My Father by tianshie(m): 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
My friend's father told him on Christmas eve, 3 days ago, that he planned to sell a prized property as restitution. What my friend told me: His father worked for John Holt, the British company, in the 1950's. The day after independence, in 1960, after the British left, his father stole 900 pounds from the company accounts and ran away. He invested the money through the years and became wealthy.

Now in his old age, my friend's father wants to sell his 9 storey building on Victoria Island, and give the money to St. Vincent's for the poor. Because he wants to die with a clear conscience.

Do you know of any similar stories of people who worked for UAC, other British businesses, who lived in British built houses, estates, and stole from the British as Nigeria gained independence? We aim to convince my friend's father that everybody else did this during independence, and not to beat himself up.

My friend says he will "attack" his father if his father sells the VI property!!!

cc lalasticala Front page, please.
Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lemme siddon and wait for the Advisers...
Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
K
Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
ClickSis:
D
DICKK
Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
amzee:

DICKK

What does that mean please?
Re: I Will Attack My Father by ladyF(f): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Stop eyeing your parents property and build your own wealth. Laziness would not get him anywhere.

Wetin consign me with my papa house when I'm thinking of how to build mansions for myself.

17 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by kelechi50: 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
ladyF:
Stop eyeing your parents property and build your own wealth. Laziness would not get him anywhere.

Wetin consign me with my papa house when I'm thinking of how to build mansions for myself.
God bless you for a good response

5 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by kelechi50: 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
ladyF:

Re: I Will Attack My Father by Nne5: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Its always 'my friend'.

Anyways tell your friend that if he attacks his father, his story will be on nairaland FP and he'll land in jail.

It's his father's property.Not his own.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by EfemenaXY: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
The VI property is the father’s to dispose of as he pleases and not the son’s business.

Besides, the old man is doing the right thing by giving back what he stole to the poor and needy.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mynd44, Biko comman help this guy get vilification from NL grin
Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
ClickSis:

What does that mean please?
Are you male or female?
Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
amzee:

Are you male or female?
You're definitely a Nigerian. No other nationality answers a question with another angry

3 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lol if you say this, what of prostitutes who have used vagina money to educate their children, are they gonna convert d children to illiterates or are they gonna cut out their vagina from their body.

What of slay queens that have used juju to destroy d peaceful family of some men that even d grandchildren of the man are yet to recover from d sufferings.

Well I like ur dad's repentance..seriously I'm challenged. He must have used d money he recovered from d investment to train you too. If he's that influential, he shd use his influence to reach the john holt company in britain or d british govt and explain or confess to them. It may even be an added advantage to him. But If he goes to all these kuekue pastors whose ears will stretch when they hear 'Victoria island property' they won't tell him d truth.

I believe theres a way he can go about it and God won't demand he sells d house. It may require open announcement by d british ppl on media to d entire world and he must prepare for the shame or popularity. However, he should not fix his mind on this. If it requires selling d building, let him.

Its never too late to be right.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
ClickSis:

You're definitely a Nigerian. No other nationality answers a question with another angry
I'll ask you another question.
Anything wrong been a Nigerian?
Re: I Will Attack My Father by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
ladyF:

To be real, a young man with prospects in this presently hard nigeria would think of building on what he has on ground. With d rent he gets from a 9 storey building, he can build his own using his father's house has his foundation.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by baby124: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
You want to attack your father because you refused to work hard thinking that you are made for life. Lazy thing. You will be surprised by your fsther’s Will. You better go and find work.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by armyofone(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Very lazy boy I tell ya.
the poor guy is doing the right thing but his lazy child will never understand that.

baby124:
You want to attack your father because you refused to work hard thinking that you are made for life. Lazy thing. You will be surprised by your fsther’s Will. You better go and find work.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by tianshie(m): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
Nne5:
Its always 'my friend'.

Anyways tell your friend that if he attacks his father, his story will be on nairaland FP and he'll land in jail.

It's his father's property.Not his own.

It's not me, I promise. You seem to know a thing or two about people stealing from the British at Nigeria's independence. Why don't you share your story so we can show my friend's dad that he isn't alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Attack My Father by tianshie(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Lol if you say this, what of prostitutes who have used vagina money to educate their children, are they gonna convert d children to illiterates or are they gonna cut out their vagina from their body.

What of slay queens that have used juju to destroy d peaceful family of some men that even d grandchildren of the man are yet to recover from d sufferings.

Well I like ur dad's repentance..seriously I'm challenged. He must have used d money he recovered from d investment to train you too. If he's that influential, he shd use his influence to reach the john holt company in britain or d british govt and explain or confess to them. It may even be an added advantage to him. But If he goes to all these kuekue pastors whose ears will stretch when they hear 'Victoria island property' they won't tell him d truth.

I believe theres a way he can go about it and God won't demand he sells d house. It may require open announcement by d british ppl on media to d entire world and he must prepare for the shame or popularity. However, he should not fix his mind on this. If it requires selling d building, let him.

Its never too late to be right.

Thanks for your response. Though, it's not me. Do you know any anecdotes about Nigerians stealing from the British at independence?
Re: I Will Attack My Father by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
tianshie:

Thanks for your response. Though, it's not me. Do you know any anecdotes about Nigerians stealing from the British at independence?
I'll ask about it.
Re: I Will Attack My Father by Connoisseur(m): 3:21am On Dec 28, 2017
ladyF:

It's easy for anyone to say this when they are not involved. It's a serious indictment in this part of the world when a father has to sell off his properties in his death bed. It would be seen as zero confidence on the children to properly manage his affairs while he's gone.

I do not encourage laziness but I wouldn't want to lose family properties either. So the best solution in my opinion is for a greater percentage of the rent accruable to the property to go to St Vincent's while leaving the property in the family name.
Even if he sells the VI building and every other one for that matter, it'd still not be enough retribution, seeing that some of the money was spent on the children's welfare and education. Is he going to 'uneducate' them?

tianshie:
My friend's father told him on Christmas eve, 3 days ago, that he planned to sell a prized property as restitution. What my friend told me: His father worked for John Holt, the British company, in the 1950's. The day after independence, in 1960, after the British left, his father stole 900 pounds from the company accounts and ran away. He invested the money through the years and became wealthy.

Now in his old age, my friend's father wants to sell his 9 storey building on Victoria Island, and give the money to St. Vincent's for the poor. Because he wants to die with a clear conscience.

Do you know of any similar stories of people who worked for UAC, other British businesses, who lived in British built houses, estates, and stole from the British as Nigeria gained independence? We aim to convince my friend's father that everybody else did this during independence, and not to beat himself up.

My friend says he will "attack" his father if his father sells the VI property!!!

cc lalasticala Front page, please.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2017
amzee:

I'll ask you another question.
Anything wrong been a Nigerian?

This just goes to show how pathetic your analytical reasoning is undecided. I can't understand how your response relates to all I have posted.
Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
ClickSis:

This just goes to show how pathetic your analytical reasoning is undecided. I can't understand how your response relates to all I have posted.
I guess you are suffering from a brain disorder.
Re: I Will Attack My Father by ClickSis: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2017
amzee:

I guess you are suffering from a brain disorder.

At least it's still a "guess" from your hapless IQ. You're an absolute skunk!

You must be a paladin in order to get further attention from me **spits**
Re: I Will Attack My Father by amzee(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2017
ClickSis:

At least it's still a "guess" from your hapless IQ. You're an absolute skunk!

You must be a paladin in order to get further attention from me **spits**
You are a deluded fellow with a shallow reasoning.

Go and get a life.

DUMB ASS
Re: I Will Attack My Father by tianshie(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
Stories of other Nigerians looting the British at independence, anybody? Or is my friend's father an exception?
Re: I Will Attack My Father by andycom(m): 1:52am On Dec 02, 2019
Its always your friends, you must be a very good storyteller for them to be involving you in their adulterated fictions.

1 Like

Re: I Will Attack My Father by whizbee(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
make the father sell me the house for 900 pounds, case closed

1 Like

Re: I Will Attack My Father by hardbody: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
If this process is still in place and the house hasn't been sold (I came to the party late), let the son just write on the property, 'Not for Sale' and that shoos every potential buyer away.

(1) (Reply)

Scary Moment Toddler Walks On 5th Floor Wall Ledge Of While Mum In Shower(Video) / What Every Mother Needs To Teach Her Daughter This 21st Century / Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.