Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness (5288 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / 5 Agribusiness You Can Start In 2018 / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by shyenar999(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
*Starting up a Biz in 2018 and my weakness*

May b it is dis country dat is not helping its situation or d people in d country herself God knows.
U finish school no work, no business na problem
U get business to do but no capital na problem
U get capital but d kind advise u go get from oldies b4 start up na problem.
And dey will b shouting du SME du SME (Small n Medium Scale Enterprises) undecided
All d way na God own go prevail

Gud afternoon my ppl, compliment of d seasons,how has been ur day. I show much appreciate all activist on dis platform, may u all b rewarded 4d kind words of encouragement n inspiration.
I don't know may b dis is d ryt place to say dis or not but I need ur advice Sir/Ma
I am an intending poultry farmer tho my passion, my intention is to start d business by Jan with just 100 broilers, but today I went out to do d market survey in my area. I asked some feeds sellers n famers Dia experience wt broiler market lo n behold d reply I got from d first Man i approached didn't encourage me.
He asked how many birds would I b raising and I answered 100 u can't bliv dis man calculated a year for me to raise birds dat is suppose to b raised for 2months. He was like if u do 100 birds u will sell by easter, den u will sell d remaing during Ramadan festival, may b den ileya if left den come down to sell for Christmas again. I cannot faint as water no too dey around.
But God is not a man, I just carry d okada wey I borrow turn back come house come dey think den I went to anoda woman she spoke well tho but kind of related to what d first man said. She actually asked me to target only season periods like easter, ileya n d likes but would I not feed my self b4 all dis period.
Yet av spent close to 100k building d pen alone, how will i recovered with all wat dis ones av said.I too suffer b4 all dis money gather .......kafayat and Emjay can testify

Now dat am WEAK please I need ur advice to make me stronger.
Should I start anyhow well n c for myself.
To d poultry farmers thought i heard dey av stopped frozen food importation is Dia any ready market for broiler during off season.
How can u help me out with links to chicken processors.
U can still share ur experience and feasibility studies of raising broiler for me n some dat needs it. Thanks.
Naija man must survive oooo
I weak oooo n I know come understand again

Pavore9
Farmtech
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by wahles(m): 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Sometimes u nid to experience tins first hand b4 going with general opinion! A man who cannot do it should nt stop the man who can

2 Likes

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by chukwumnedum: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
poultry farming like every other bizness needs patience..you cant recover all your xpenses at d very first yr..you will inly reap high if u stay long in d bizness...since you want to cut cost by all means,do u knw wat to supplement the fowl feed with,lets say maggot vegetable leafs kernel cakes etc.its been working wonders for me.i love ya vision.i train broilers for 6weeks nd sale frm 1500.season or no season restaurants nd hotels order broilers.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by Daronyk(f): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
Poultry is a very good business in Nigeria but it depends also on your environment.
Don't make the mistake most people in this business make whereby they rear chickens for the festive periods alone and by that time, a lots might have happened to the chickens plus during the festive period, there are a lot of sellers and you might even be pushed to reduce the selling price of the chicken which might be a loss to you in the end.
Poultry business needs more of reasoning and knowing your way around

1 Like

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by chukwumnedum: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
Daronyk:
Poultry is a very good business in Nigeria but it depends also on your environment.
Don't make the mistake most people in this business make whereby they rear chickens for the festive periods alone and by that time, a lots might have happened to the chickens plus during the festive period, there are a lot of sellers and you might even be pushed to reduce the selling price of the chicken which might be a loss to you in the end.
you said it all.rearing broilers only in festive season isnt lucrative.a broiler dat weighs 1.7kg is good to be eaten.it sells fast.imagine when u rear broilers for 4months nd put them for sale at 5k.every body mentality go be lyk ''e no beta say i buy goat meat 5k''.so you see.but its all left to u to make ur chioce.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by shyenar999(m): 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
chukwumnedum:
poultry farming like every other bizness needs patience..you cant recover all your xpenses at d very first yr..you will inly reap high if u stay long in d bizness...since you want to cut cost by all means,do u knw wat to supplement the fowl feed with,lets say maggot vegetable leafs kernel cakes etc.its been working wonders for me.i love ya vision.i train broilers for 6weeks nd sale frm 1500.season or no season restaurants nd hotels order broilers.

Thank u for dis but sir it s not dat I want to cut cost by all means all I need to know is marketing the broilers during off festive period......does it really av a all year round sales? N u already answered dat season or no season u are good to go.
Since Av come to stay in d business ......how do I make dis restaurant n hotels my customers?

Will I kill one chicken den ask dem to eat it n c d flavor or wat?
Thanks ones again

1 Like

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by shyenar999(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
Daronyk:
Yes ma'am
Am reasoning along with u but I still don't get d point of d bolded letters
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by chukwumnedum: 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
shyenar999:

Thank u for dis but sir it s not dat I want to cut cost by all means all I need to know is marketing the broilers during off festive period......does it really av a all year round sales? N u already answered dat season or no season u are good to go.
Since Av come to stay in d business ......how do I make dis restaurant n hotels my customers?

Will I kill one chicken den ask dem to eat it n c d flavor or wat?
Thanks ones again
No bros.u dont neccesarily have to do that..you can go to d market nd inform those people that do sell fowl dat u have birds ranging from so so kg.
you can also approach this restaurants nd hotels.tell them about ur product convince them to buy.as time goes on.people customers will start approaching.i was shocked wen a client came dwn to port harcourt all d way frm aba to buy my birds.with time customers wont be ur worries.you just worry abt neva running out of stocks.broiler.fishery nd snailery issa goldmine.d markets dey ground.

1 Like

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by Daronyk(f): 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
shyenar999:

Yes ma'am
Am reasoning along with u but I still don't get d point of d bolded letters
I mean sometimes when chickens are kept for a longer time, they might die or get unnecessarily sick and you would have to spend more money on them
Poultry is good if you have people you can supply on regular basis e.g restaurants, schools, government agencies like somebody mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by shyenar999(m): 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thanks to you both.
U have done a great job to help me.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by supergist1(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2018
Poultry Farming in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses. The economy of Nigeria is mostly dependent on farming or agriculture sector. Thousand of tons of poultry products are consumed everyday yet, the
http://www.supergist.com.ng/start-poultry-farming-nigeria/
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by manufacjob: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2018
Dry Maize and Sorghum processing waste available in large quantities. N30/kg. Pick up within Lagos (Ikeja area). Constant supply per week thereafter is available

Pig, fish, cattle and poultry farmers, for your attention.

Contact 08179047331

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by fakati(m): 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2018
Don't be discouraged go ahead God on your side better still go for Piggery
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by maxipharo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2018
Poultry farming is very lucrative if done in the right way.
1. Conduct a very good market research, study your environment
2. Go and learn from people that are already in the business
3. Create what makes your own product unique
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by sehisagro: 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225.
We currently formulate quality- feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by sheos2010: 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we produce specially formulated broilers and layers mash for your poultry. Our broilers feed would give your birds 3kg in less than 7weeks; while our high quality layers feed would give your birds over 90% laying capacity, with very big eggs.We are 100% guaranteed.
Our feed is produced with imported concentrates and high quality raw materials. We are very interested in the productivity and profitability of your poultry/livestock.
Contact us today.
We are located at Plot 160 East West Road, Besides INEC Office, Port Harcourt.
sehisagroresources@gmail.com

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by sheos2010: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resource, we produce specially formulated broilers and layers mash for your poultry. Our broilers feed would give your birds 3kg in less than 7weeks; while our high quality layers feed would give your birds over 90% laying capacity, with very big eggs.We are 100% guaranteed.
Our feed is produced with imported concentrates and high quality raw materials. We are very interested in the productivity and profitability of your poultry/livestock.
Contact us today.
We are located at Plot 160 East West Road, Besides INEC Office, Port Harcourt.
sehisagroresources@gmail.com

Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by joeyreports: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
How to start poultry farm business in Nigeria today............. https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-a-poultry-farm-business-in-nigeria/
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by konews: 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2020
What many people take for granted (chicken) is a well and payable business in Nigeria it has no season and it sell on a daily basic and a lot of poultry business in Nigeria enjoyed growth over the year. What many people do know not is that POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA with the right business plan it can become a multi billion naira industry.
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria/
Re: Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness by Obidikejr(m): 1:56am On May 04, 2020
chukwumnedum:
6 weeks? Wow.. Pls what alternative do you use as feeds or can be merged with feeds. Your advice is needed pls. I am looking to invest into the business.

(1) (Reply)

Green Nation Nigeria Agriculture Business Opportunity / Rabbits Available For Sale In Abeokuta / Unrefined And Refined Sheabutter For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.