Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed (495 Views)

How Is The Lagos State Teaching Service Salary Structure? / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by sylvadan: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
Pls i need ur sincere help through God.
I have done everythings possible for my little boy of 9years old to be intelligent but remained dullard.he does nt retain in his memory,i dont know what happen to his mind.i have changed his school 3times but still the same.is in jss2 now.
What should i do?pls help me!
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by Leverageisback(m): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
ROTFL carry am go orphanage na
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by BiafranBushBoy: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
sylvadan:
I have done everythings possible for my little boy of 9years old to be intelligent but remained dullard.he does nt retain in his memory,i dont know what happen to his mind.i have changed his school 3times but still the same.is in jss2 now.

If you are in Lagos, contact me. Meanwhile, I was in the same position as a kid, before I went ahead to excel academically. Unfortunately, this is Nigeria where talents aren't recognized.

Now here is the deal.

Intelligence isn't all about academics. Yo can't force a Lizard to become an Alligator. Your boy might be good in other things, or may even have great Talent in something else. It is your duty as a dad to discover it.

But for the sake of Academics, let's bring him up to speed.

1) Find what learning method he has. Visual, written, Oral explanation. This will help ignite his interest.

2) As soon as you discover that, find someone to help him on such levels. Don't count on his school, Nigerians teachers are only after their salaries.

3) Be patient with him

4) Encourage him when he fails

5) Motivate him and always remind him that he is the best.

Do these and watch him excel.

Lalasticlala, help a worried dad.
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
sylvadan:
it is not a conclusion that he is a dullard. There are only teachers that need to learn to teach students based on one on one teaching. You want the truth? If 9 years, he is not suppose to be in Js2 on normal progressive move. You are only stressing the young boy beyond his ability. Not everyone can move at that speed. Also Never call your child a dullard please. You will break his confidence. Get him a good patient teacher & there are many educative video that can help. Also pray for him & I know you will be amazed that your assertion is not conclusive.
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by successking401(m): 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
it is not a conclusion that he is a dullard. There are only teachers that need to learn to teach students based on one on one teaching. You want the truth? If 9 years, he is not suppose to be in Js2 on normal progressive move. You are only stressing the young boy beyond his ability. Not everyone can move at that speed. Also Never call your child a dullard please. You will break his confidence. Get him a good patient teacher & there are many educative video that can help. Also pray for him & I know you will be amazed that your assertion is not conclusive.
you nailed it.thats the truth
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by sylvadan: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

If you are in Lagos, contact me. Meanwhile, I was in the same position as a kid, before I went ahead to excel academically. Unfortunately, this is Nigeria where talents aren't recognized.

Now here is the deal.

Intelligence isn't all about academics. Yo can't force a Lizard to become an Alligator. Your boy might be good in other things, or may even have great Talent in something else. It is your duty as a dad to discover it.

But for the sake of Academics, let's bring him up to speed.

1) Find what learning method he has. Visual, written, Oral explanation. This will help ignite his interest.

2) As soon as you discover that, find someone to help him on such levels. Don't count on his school, Nigerians teachers are only after their salaries.

3) Be patient with him

4) Encourage him when he fails

5) Motivate him and always remind him that he is the best.

Do these and watch him excel.

Lalasticlala, help a worried dad.

thanks u for this awesome advice,i ll start this tomorrow,am im warri,pls dont hesitate to offer any additional help u can,is God that reward
Re: Teaching Strategies/skill/expert Needed by BiafranBushBoy: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
sylvadan:

thanks u for this awesome advice,i ll start this tomorrow,am im warri,pls dont hesitate to offer any additional help u can,is God that reward

No probs Sir. I was also in the same condition. Father and Mother's love brought me out!

We have these educational tablets we developed for kids in these condition. If you feel you need it, contact me.

It has helped several children, and your own child wont be an exception.

(1) (Reply)

BUK Direct Entry Exam / $2,000 Prizes At Leadership Essay Competition Organised By UONGOZI Institute / On The On-going College Of Medicine Protest – Adeyoose Sola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.