Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS (1810 Views)

See The Scam SMS I Received Today / FG Intervenes As MTN, Banks Trade Blame Over Shutdown / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by Techky(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
Sometimes you forget your phone some where at home or its with someone (maybe a kid playing with it) and you don’t want that person to exhaust your phones battery for whatever reason do you want to off your Android smart device without manually switching off here is the solution on Techky, you’ll learn how to do that today as I will be taking you through a very short tutorial that will help you get your Android off via a single SMS.
How To Turn Off Any Android By Sending Sms:
Download and Install “Remote Power Off” You can get it Here .
After successful download and installation, open the app » it will ask you for current password and new password. Enter the current password as null and in the new password field »» enter any password of your choice »» click on “change secret code”. »» After setting up the secret code, grant the app superuser permission by going through superuser app.
Finally, if you want to turn off your smartphone, then all you have to do is just SMS the secret code from any phone into your device. Once your Android receives the SMS it will automatically shut down
For Example you want to off your phone and the number in that phone is 08012345678.
1. Simply text your secret code : e.g 1234 to 08012345678.
2. Once the SMS enters that SIM in the phone, your phone will automatically shutdown ..and that is it!!!
NOTE: Android device need to have a rooted for this to work

Source with images: http://www.techky.ml/tech-tutorials/how-to-shutdown-your-android-smartphone-with-sms/

2 Likes

Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by abtallest24(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
nice one op e don tay since i last saw sensible post on nairaland
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by Techky(m): 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
abtallest24:
nice one op e don tay since i last saw sensible post on nairaland

Thanks
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by tolexandro77: 5:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Has anyone tried it?
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by pointstores(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2017
Is it for reak
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by 1zynnvn(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2017
It should work, it's just like pressing power off. The app should be able to read and extract text messages from your phone inbox i.e permissions.(which is risky if the app has malwares.). Then execute the command which in this case is power off. (This must need root access). ..

Too late to fail. Amen

1 Like

Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by sinaj(f): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2017
Hm nice one!

How I wish it works on stolen phones.
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by free2ryhme: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
Techky:
Sometimes you forget your phone some where at home or its with someone (maybe a kid playing with it) and you don’t want that person to exhaust your phones battery for whatever reason do you want to off your Android smart device without manually switching off here is the solution on Techky, you’ll learn how to do that today as I will be taking you through a very short tutorial that will help you get your Android off via a single SMS.
How To Turn Off Any Android By Sending Sms:
Download and Install “Remote Power Off” You can get it Here .
After successful download and installation, open the app » it will ask you for current password and new password. Enter the current password as null and in the new password field »» enter any password of your choice »» click on “change secret code”. »» After setting up the secret code, grant the app superuser permission by going through superuser app.
Finally, if you want to turn off your smartphone, then all you have to do is just SMS the secret code from any phone into your device. Once your Android receives the SMS it will automatically shut down
For Example you want to off your phone and the number in that phone is 08012345678.
1. Simply text your secret code : e.g 1234 to 08012345678.
2. Once the SMS enters that SIM in the phone, your phone will automatically shutdown ..and that is it!!!
NOTE: Android device need to have a rooted for this to work

Source with images: http://www.techky.ml/tech-tutorials/how-to-shutdown-your-android-smartphone-with-sms/

wetin you never try you go copy come dey post for nairaland

your hell fire will be different

1 Like

Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
What I know that you don't is my edge over you. chai
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by naijatechgist: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
this is for rooted device....the best and trusted way to turn off your Android phone is through device manager... just turn on your device manager and connect it to your gmail account... that way you can easily turn off your phone with any device even if you are not with your phone by just logging in to your Google account at find my phone. or you can use avast antivirus... but I have not tested the avast antivirus own yet... will try and get back to you guys...
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by Tolupage(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
Great post.

Visit http://realgistforum.com
Re: How To Shutdown Your Smartphone With SMS by festwiz(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
sinaj:
Hm nice one!

How I wish it works on stolen phones.
Hahaha. grin

It would have been good to have but everyone knows how to hard reset most droid devices. I have noticed that mobile anti-theft services provided by the OEM's are fairly reliable.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Spark K7 For Sale 28k Abuja / Access Bank Money Transfer Code. / Is Gionee Back ? Gionee M11s And Gionee M11 Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.