Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria (1484 Views)

How Start Gold Jewellery Business And Make Millions / How Start A Real Estate Investment In Nigeria With Less Than 20k In 3 Easy Steps / Massive MTN Promo & How Start Earning More In Data Selling Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by pat4naija(m): 7:28am On Dec 28, 2017
How start up an eCommerce business in Nigeria

eCommerce is simply the act of buying and selling goods online, as opposed to traditional trading practices where you visit the market or shopping mall to shop for items, in eCommerce an online store serves as a platform that displays your products, and handles payment of products or services purchased. Items purchased are either delivered to your door step if its a physical products or downloaded for downloadable products such as eBooks, audio, software and mobile applications.

According to a July 2014 report from the Business Advisory Division of Phillips Consulting Limited, online shopping in Nigeria increased from N49.9billion in 2010 to N78 billion in 2012. With consistent year-on-year growth of 25% in this sector, it is expected that online shopping will hit N152.3 billion by 2015.

With eCommerce giants like Konga and Jumia offering quality products and great shopping experience to consumers, online shopping has become a more preferable alternative to visiting shopping malls and markets place to purchase items, because it provides a more convenient means of shopping, offering a competitive pricing and a variety of products which you can easily order from the comfort of your home.

With the ever increasing demand for eCommerce in Nigeria, most physical stores are now taking up the eCommerce business model there by taking their business online in order to reach out to more customers and boost sales. This article covers the basic steps for setting up an eCommerce business in Nigeria.

1. Develop a brand idea
The first step to starting an online store/ eCommerce business is to first have an idea of exactly what kind of product you want to deal on, where to get your product supplies from, your marketing strategy and how your online business model will operate, we will call this stage the conception stage. This is the most important stage in the startup of any business, planning can mean success for your business or failure.

https:///infohome

1 Like

Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2017
I have a good E-commerce idea, not the typical ones we have. Just need partner or investors, cant really pull this on my own
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by barapistis(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Prechy08:
I have a good E-commerce idea, not the typical ones we have. Just need partner or investors, cant really pull this on my own

Investors...to put down money for what

Partners...developers....or what area is this
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by CosmicJames(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
Prechy08:
You need to explain more. A hint on what you mean or trying to pull through.
That way, it will be easy to get partners/investors
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by pat4naija(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2018
Prechy08:

Explain and hint us, on what your model is about..
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by pat4naija(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2018
Following
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by barapistis(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
op is an serious fellow
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by humantorch02: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2019
Average Nigerians don't know the full potential of eCommerce or even the basic of eCommerce business in Nigeria. The usual mental picture is that any business that looks like Jumia and Konga is a typical e-commerce business.

You'll be surprised as dudes are making over a million naira monthly income with just a single page simple e-commerce website in Nigeria. You don't necessarily have to have tons of products like Jumia. Simply selling your service is an e-commerce business.

As a matter of fact, you don't need to have a product to sell or services to render before you start up your eCom business... simply connecting the two together could just be the necessary cue you need to get started.

Here's a typical way to start the modern e-commerce business in Nigeria from scratch!
Re: How Start Up An Ecommerce Business In Nigeria by dayssolalee(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2022
Good day, how are you doing today?

I want to introduce you to Cloud Hosting Nigeria, its a platform that can help you set up your e-commerce and business websites in minutes.

We are partnering with Cloud Hosting Nigeria to help SMEs and Online Entrepreneurs build their E-commerce website at an affordable price.

DM if you are interested

https:///message/LIG2Y3OJZWCMF1

(1) (Reply)

Half A Million Naira / Space / My Daily Trade In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.