Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigerian Youth Urged To Shun Money-bag Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Urged To Shun Money-bag Politicians (234 Views)

No One Should Touch Osinbajo; Northern Youth Urged Buhari / Ganduje Orders District Heads To Shun Emir Sanusi At Kano Durbar / South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Urged To Shun Money-bag Politicians by agwom(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2017
Nigerian youth have been admonished to shun money-bag politicians so as to secure their future and achieve successful life beyond the 2019 election.

A former minority leader of Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Lagi Innocent, gave the admonition, yesterday, shortly after he was presented with an award for excellence and outstanding representation as a lawmaker.

Innocent was honoured for his contribution towards the development of his constituency by Sinsin Baki Youth Unity Forum in Wamba Local Government Area (LGA) of Nasarawa State.

He expressed displeasure on how some politicians were jeopardising the future of the younger generation.

β€œIt saddens me when I see how some mischievous elements drag youth into thuggery and other social vices all in the name of politics,” he said.

Responding to questions from journalists over his political future, Innocent said he intended to run for Nasarawa North senatorial seat in the forthcoming general elections.

He said, β€œI have contested the number one seat of this state in 2015 where I made a very serious impact. But my election was rigged. Since the creation of Nasarawa State, my zone, the northern zone, has never occupied the seat of governor. Now that we are given the chance to produce the next governor, we need to come together to work towards achieving our goals. This is time for action not noise making.”

Innocent, who is also a former state attorney general, said his decision to run for the Senate seat was propelled by the desire to render service to humanity.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerian-youth-urged-to-shun-money-bag-politicians.html

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Most Prophecies In Nigeria Negative?? / Fulani Herders Or Farmers: Whose Interest Supersedes? / Protest Erupts As Libya Returnees Demand Allowance From Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.