Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue (46282 Views)

DSS Stops Sowore From Addressing The Press, Grabs Him (Video) / Boko Haram Stops Governor Gaidam From Voting In Yobe / Benue Youths Stop Ortom From Attending APC Meeting. Remove APC Flag (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by benuejosh: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
The man forgot those priest in Benue are very stubborn.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Pavore9: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
He did right!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by miarhpe: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
we demand more of this honesty from our religious figures and social influencers

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by ottohan: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
kitaatita:
I do not believe the story in its entirety. Catholic Priests normally do no encourage the use of their church to promote political opinions. The statements attributed to the priest is unlikely anyway.
The story is true oo

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by birdsview(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
Finally there is a priest not ready to lick the governor's dirty a**

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by gaskiyamagana: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
dukie25:
This priest na correct guy man.
Let Ortom go and address his Fulani friends in a mosque.
Good mosque of pious imam will do the same. Until when our religious leaders and priests emulate that priests, the politicians will continue to be making mokery of religion teachings in the place of worship as they use to do in other gatherings.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Truth... Straight from the pulpit.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Princessfresh16: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Well done my dynamic Holy Spirit filled Priest.
May God bless you now and for ever. Please, more grace to your elbow.
Please other Priests, clergy and Pastors should emulate this.
Thanks[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by FakoMaybach1: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Somebody shud check that priest, for Savage is his name....No chill at all. Omo make dem watch the priest o that governor fit kill am

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by crazygod(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
The likes of Mbaka, Oritsejafor, Adeboye, et al...... Learn from this

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by ufuosman(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
I love wot d priest did, he belongs to the people. I wish order preachers will learn and do d same

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by 8stargeneral: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hw wish other men of God will emulate d priest,u will see dat d nation will be great

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by veraponpo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:
I am proud to be a Roman Catholican

If na Adeboye or Oyedipo, those criminals for just collect money

It is your Bishop that is acting against the Bible.

Roman 13:1-3 is good for you.
Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:

Governor Ortom has the Catholic bishop in his pocket. You can praise the priest without condemning other denominations.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nasir123(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
nawtyme:
This is what all religious leaders should be doing. Not inviting politicians, giving them front seats and allowing them talk nonsense from the pulpit.

These are the true men of God.
Unlike those businessman claiming pastors.

God bless the priest.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Edonojie007(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
WHEN SOMEONE DECIDED TO MAKE THE TRUTH A PRIORITY.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Djluda(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thats my state.. Everything is true!
1year now that Ortom has nt pay any salary.. the people of benue are suffering.. I pity them my people!

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:

U just drooped *FACTS*

All these Pentecostal pastors are just in it for the money, They dont even care about the activities of the whole nation
They just collect money n keep their mouth shut.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by AuroraB(f): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
tociano009:
Expect this also from Adeboye
You are a liar angry

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Richy4(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
He realised that they lie with straight face in the house of God ..and he can't afford to swallow it with the holy communion cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by sameni123(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
Adeboye and oyedepo would never do this ...cos they are friends with every government in power

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by newoffer: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
I don't have any respect for all these bachelor of theologist. My former taught me pure lessons. He praises member like Wasiu Ayinde pulpit. I don't want to be praise by someone looking for my hard earned money.

I believe in the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Amarisa(f): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:
Your case is different....
Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by LastProphet: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
These are the kind of people that can move our dark continent forward, these are the people youths should be emulating and not Tonto 'Decay' or what Don jazzy ate last night. Useless youths in this country

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by HeyCorleone(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Pentecostal pastors don't have the effrontery to try such..
Their forte is to threaten poor church members over nonpayment of tithe.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by HeyCorleone(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
veraponpo:

It is your Bishop that is acting against the Bible.

Roman 13:1-3 is good for you.

The place of the Bible you quoted doesn't follow.

What should the Priest have done? Fold his hands while the Governor spews lies from the Altar?! C'mon.

Roman Catholic Priests are not weak men. They have respect for authority but they don't have tolerance for high handedness in the part of government officials.

The Priest committed no error before God and man.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Okezedan(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
We need spiritual leaders like this man to correct the injustice being carried out by the Apc government

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by arrestdarrester: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:

I beg to disagree. These men are not what say they are. By the way, you conveniently forgot where all thieving religions of today learned the art
Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
tociano009:
Expect this also from Adeboye

For wia. That cash 'n' carry pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by Themandator: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Certainly the priest didn't make those comments attributed to him even though he stopped the governor from making those political statement in the house of God

LasgidiOnline:
A Catholic priest from Gboko diocese in Benue state on Wednesday 27 December 2017 stopped the State Governor, Chief. Samuel Ortom from making a speech at the thanksgiving service to mark the 64th birthday of Senator George Akume at St Christopher's church Wannune, Tarka LG.

According to sources in Wannune, the Parish Priest , Reverend Father Ashwe, did not allow the Governor to make his speech on the issue of non payment of salaries in the State.
Fr Ashwe said, during service, there was no way the governor would be allowed to talk.

Ashwe further explained to his people that the governor has failed to pay workers salaries thus causing hardship to workers in the State.

Akume had spoken at the thanksgiving mass and gave the microphone to Ortom to make a speech about the situation of things in Benue but Rev Father Ashwe did not allow the governor make his remarks, asking him to wait until they get to the reception venue where he could lie to the people about salary issues and other matters as much as he wanted. Ashwe added that he would not allow Ortom to stand in God’s house to deceive the people again.

Terver Akase, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor has however released a statement saying there is no rift between the governor and the Gboko Catholic diocese.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/12/catholic-priest-stops-governor-samuel.html

Re: Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue by jonnytad(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
abokibuhari:

And you claim we serve the same God? It's obvious u're a catholic not a Christian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote / Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only / EndSARS: Rinu, Pamilerin, Gatefield's Bank Accounts Frozen By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.