Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? (35403 Views)

My Younger Brother Beats My Father / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
a
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Am not calling ur mum a liar but mothers have a way of making things sound more serious than they actually are....

My advice, since u dont know all the facts yet , listen to your sisters side of the story... what ever her issues are, shez just growing up,....yelling at her or beating her might not be the answer, talk to her and understand what her problem(s) are....from there u can start the journey of fixing those problems

9 Likes

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
And you dey look am

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Per
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by sonoforogun(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Abomination of the highest order. Beating her own mother? She must be mad. Seriously, Slap from Zeus de hungry dat your sister. What insolence. I no fi imagine wetin I go do if I were in your shoes, but she must be put in her place.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Funjosh(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Kirikiri is a maximum prison, let her Goan cool off for sometime dia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by chloride6: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Its funny when people who have no responsibility are termed "irresponsible".

What do expect them to be?

Let her know what is responsibility and see her life fall back in place.

Thank me later...

Modified

No let that your mama cry rattle you too much.....

African parents can exaggerate sha........

Not saying your mum did though

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Funkybabee(f): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Let sars handle her seriously u are going to thank me later...when she can't eat for 3days..sleep in poo hole and flog severally she is going to change that is what they did for one boy bearing Akin for my neighbour house....he is a thug then

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by ogorwyne(f): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
That's bad o.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by MorataFC: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
lifezone247:
guy you be Man at all? Man as in MAN? So cos she’s cultists that na why you no fit beat the cultist out of her for beating your beloved mom? De there De form good boy while she keep pounding the old woman you hear me undecided
hmmmm, abeg make he no try am.
Cultists no get conscience oh, they can do and undo, the person whey beat her mother, to eliminate her brother na small things to her.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by HeyCorleone(m): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
dahmie2013:
Y don't u & ur mum embark on a fasting & prayer session 4 her. Dere is nothing God cannot do, prayer changes things & people. Pls I will recommend u get dis book by Bishop David Oyedepo, "Walking in the newness of life" & "Conquering Controlling Powers". She has started beating ur mum, dis is no more a battle u can fight physically, take it 2 God, she herself will come begging.
It is well.

Must everything be spiritual?!

Why is it that the moment someone becomes a born again they lose their sense of reasoning?!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Highbhee(m): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
I will deal with her for you. Tell her to send her account details together with her BVN.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by free2ryhme: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
splenzard:
Hello Fellow Nlanders,

Compliments of the season.

As this may be the season of happiness, not everyone partakes in the joy of the festivity, I am one of those. Let me cut the chase and go straight to the point.

I'm a 400 level student of civil engineering, I've got a younger sister, I'm older than her with a couple of years although she's yet to gain admission despite the fact that she has tried severally. she decided to start working pending whenever she gains admission.

Along the line, she became a cultist and she suddenly became a heavy smoker, drinker and a drug addict (tramadol, rephnol, codine,etc).

At this point my mum (she's a single mother, my dad died a couple of years back) did she least she could do by scolding, reporting her to the leaders in the church, kinsmen and everyone whom she thought she(my sister) would listen to but all these efforts proved abortive as she deteriorated further as she graduated to bringing men to the house at odd hours of the night.

As at last week, my mum called me and was sobbing over the phone, she told me that my younger sister beat her up because she confronted her about her behavior.

right now I'm confused, in order not to act rashly, i decided to seek for advice from this noble forum.

Please guys i need your matured advice here

Dont fight her show her more love than hate.

Use encouraging words and spend more time with her even at night.

Go with her to her fun places it is a risk you have to take

trust me she will breakdown

but it might take years at worst for this to work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by SSAwhistleblowe: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Beat her mama ke?? Dat your sister don receive curse o that’s if your mom hasn’t cursed her already... she is already cursed already sef..trust me her children will do worse to her someday when she becomes a mother...the dangers people unknowing expose themselves to in times of youthfulness what a pity. She will remember her action someday and weep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Allylic(f): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
Don't beat her...just show her love and allow her conscience do the rest....but please tell your mum to let her be..
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by futurism: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
splenzard:

thanks bro, but she's a cultist like I said earlier, I've tried beating her but it's as good as flogging a dead horse, she's hardened
you don't need to beat her. Talk to her like friend... Use real life scenarios to paint a picture that she can relate with.

She may act like she isn't interested but trust me it sinks in than beating. Let her know you care about her life and future...

Be friendly in your approach, it works. Cain or beating only makes things worst in cases like this one.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by linearity: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
lifezone247:
guy you be Man at all? Man as in MAN? So cos she’s cultists that na why you no fit beat the cultist out of her for beating your beloved mom? De there De form good boy while she keep pounding the old woman you hear me undecided

I think it’s prudent for the OP to tread cautiously, confronting cultist, even if they are one’s own blood is dangerous.

Most times, the sister might not want to retaliate, but the bond between cultists is stronger than that between brothers/sisters as a result fellow cult member might feel irate and retaliate against the guy....it only take one fool-headed cult member to do the damage.

Sometimes in life, we have to accept some situations that has nothing to do with us making amends are beyond our control and give it to God.

Am even afraid for the mom, the OP should tell the mom not to confront her again. They can report to the authority, my guess is the daughter is an adult and the mom can let go....ask her to leave the house.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by baby124: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ask your sister what happened. Some mothers will claim they were beaten when a child does not listen to them. So be careful.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by thunderbabs: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
D girl go manya you ursef if u not careful.... beat her na, u go see squad... Use Soldiers or Mopol officers to teach her sense
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Hotzone(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Take it easy with her. Don't use violence. Try to show brotherly love with care then u try and get a job so u can take good care of her. She's frustrated

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by oshudu(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2017
This one strong beating her is not the end of it what if she invite her cultists members to attack you despite you are her brother you use diplomacy
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by daddyzgal(f): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
This is bad....my own advice is hire thugs to beat her to a coma, make her lose her memories, one limb or 2....I will now see how she will beat her mother
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Ramos16(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
mamachildren:
she is lost don't fight her don't beat her show her love more than ever tell your mum to show her love it's is hard but turn a blind eye on her issues and then talk to God he will take it from there. She will find her way back on her own because it no more your battle it's of the Lord. You will be surprised. It has worked in many families I know

OP this is exactly what you should do, don't listen to people who have asked you to beat her.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by 1dorzine(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Please take your mum away from your sis ASAP, We have read stories of how pple kill their parents, I pray that won't be the case of your mum. Please do this first before talking about solving your sisters problem.

@splenzard
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
It's simple she's frustrated and need help. So you will need to encourage her and make her know that her limited will go away.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by David160(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Call the police
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Write2018: 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Cultist, smoker, drinker? Pls find a way to separate your mother and your sister. Both should not live in same house.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Clue147: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
It's either u go to report at the station,report her to your mums broda or sister who had male children or on your fathers side you can do same,or if u re a little well to do invite your mum over,if o may ask which state is this happening,I presume delta or edo
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Oyindidi(f): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
Archangel15:

Too harsh.
That's the only way out.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by MorataFC: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
linearity:

I think it’s prudent for the OP to tread cautiously, confronting cultist, even if they are one’s own blood is dangerous.

Most times, the sister might not want to retaliate, but the bond between cultists is stronger than that between brothers/sisters as a result fellow cult member might feel irate and retaliate against the guy....it only take one fool-headed cult member to do the damage.

Sometimes in life, we have to accept some situations that has nothing to do with us making amends are beyond our control and give it to God.

Am even afraid for the mom, the OP should tell the mom not to confront her again. They can report to the authority, my guess is the daughter is an adult and the mom can let go....ask her to leave the house.
Thank you jare, I was amazed to read some comments here, how can u advise to beat up an adult, and cultist for that matter.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
If you need contacts at air force base ikeja, PM me, they will handle her matter very well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! / Pregnant Lady Who Survived Fire Burn Shares Lovely Pregnancy Photos / Wife Dies In Anambra State, Husband Joins Her Weeks To Her Burial. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.