Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,820 members, 7,959,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF (10367 Views)

Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore / Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by stephanie11: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2017
@POLITICSNGR

Popular human rights lawyer, Femi Falana has, in a letter, written to the Attorney General of the Federation(AGF), Abubakar Malami, demanded the release of a certified true copy of Electronic records of arrests made by Law enforcement agencies in the country.

In his letter to the AGF, Falana pointed out that the AGF was required to supply the information within seven days as laid out by the FoI act.

The letter read in part; "As you are no doubt aware, Section 29 (1) of the of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 has mandated the Inspector-General of Police and heads of all agencies authorised by law to remit quarterly to the Attorney General of the Federation a record of all arrests made with or without warrant in relation to federal offences within Nigeria.

We have noted that the office of the AGF is required by Section 29 (5) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 to establish an electronic and manual database of all records of arrests made by all enforcement agencies at the federal and state levels in the country.

In exercise of my right to freedom of information, guaranteed by Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby apply for an electronic copy of the records of arrests made and judgments delivered by all courts in Nigeria from May 2015 to December 2017.

Take notice that you are mandatorily required to supply the requested information within seven days of the receipt of this letter by virtue of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, 2011."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/29/looters-release-electronic-records-arrested-falana/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2017
K
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2017
I am interested in the so called "looters list" that Lai talked about.

14 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by bloodmoneyspita: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2017
Falana go outside and protest.

5 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by aolawale025: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2017
Falana keeps running down a wrong road. Yet to hear his views on the fuel scarcity for instance

13 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by AlienRobot: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2017
APtheives

5 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by dokiOloye(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2017
When will you ppl arrest Babachir,Oke,Abba Kyari, etc?
Clowns.

10 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by nnachukz(m): 10:48am On Dec 29, 2017
This will sieve propaganda from fact.

6 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by simonlee(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2017
It's like asking a mother to name all her children who are thieves in the market square.... it will not happen at all!
As far as I'm concerned, all APC members are saints as at now, until 2019 when Atiku gets there!
Who's with me? grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Humblelhion(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2017
Politics been played evrywhere
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by dannytoe(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by dannytoe(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2017
Every thing is built on lies, no record no facts, all but lies.

2 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Originality007: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2017
you only release what you arrest

2 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Factfinder1(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Buhari and his cabinet would rather die than do this....money they have re looted

3 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by BruncleZuma: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2017
Laws and regulations are being flouted on a daily basis. Ironically, the government who is suppose to safeguard and implement these laws are the major culprit. We are in a country where abnormality is seen as normality, where Insanity is seen as sanity. We sincerely have a long way to go.

5 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by johnstar(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Useless country

Useless govt

Useless leaders

Useless op

Useless mod undecided

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Macgreat(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2017
I'm interested in this list

3 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by grandstar(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Will it be right? Just saying

Must they be humiliated after coughing out the money? I feel peoples dignity should be kept intact. If you have a second opinion, please share it, share it with maturity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by GavelSlam: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2017
The government should.

They should also ensure they get court judgements before doing so.

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Factfinder1(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Buhari and his cabinet would rather die than do this....money they have re looted .

3 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by omowolewa: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2017
Ok, it will be available on view only mode.

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2017
Buhari is the life patron of corruption, he will never do that.

Thunder scatter anybody that will still defend APC or canvass for vote for APC!!!

5 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Tugsramm(m): 11:46am On Dec 29, 2017
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Popular human rights lawyer, Femi Falana has, in a letter, written to the Attorney General of the Federation(AGF), Abubakar Malami, demanded the release of a certified true copy of Electronic records of arrests made by Law enforcement agencies in the country.

In his letter to the AGF, Falana pointed out that the AGF was required to supply the information within seven days as laid out by the FoI act.

The letter read in part; "As you are no doubt aware, Section 29 (1) of the of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 has mandated the Inspector-General of Police and heads of all agencies authorised by law to remit quarterly to the Attorney General of the Federation a record of all arrests made with or without warrant in relation to federal offences within Nigeria.

We have noted that the office of the AGF is required by Section 29 (5) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015 to establish an electronic and manual database of all records of arrests made by all enforcement agencies at the federal and state levels in the country.

In exercise of my right to freedom of information, guaranteed by Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby apply for an electronic copy of the records of arrests made and judgments delivered by all courts in Nigeria from May 2015 to December 2017.

Take notice that you are mandatorily required to supply the requested information within seven days of the receipt of this letter by virtue of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, 2011."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/29/looters-release-electronic-records-arrested-falana/
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by jaggedboi(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2017
His application will be approved after 2019 (if PMB leaves),or 2023 if PMB wins in 2019
Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Tugsramm(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2017
dokiOloye:
When will you ppl arrest Babachir,Oke,Abba Kyari, etc?
Clowns.
when they ar through wit pdp

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by Mrflyguy: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2017
simonlee:
It's like asking a mother to name all her children who are thieves in the market square.... it will not happen at all!
As far as I'm concerned, all APC members are saints as at now, until 2019 when Atiku gets there!
Who's with me? grin
Nobody is with you

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by loomer: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2017
FOI ko VIO ni.

For naija? How e wan happen?

1 Like

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by badesco(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2017
Supported 200% and i hope the AGF provides the requested info within the stipulated time frame. Falana you are on point joooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF by opribo(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2017
I recall watching one and only presidential media chat where Buha promised the list would be made available.

Since that time till now we have not seen any list. It's in their mouths that they are running the government, no action. I have never seen a worse government than this, they have nothing tangible to offer other than to come and enjoy the percusites of office.

No laudable project or achievement just junketeering about with tax payers funds and heating up the system to create the illusion they are working whereas all na wash.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct Four INEC Officials In Bauchi / UN Report: Acute Food Insecurity May Hit Nigeria, 17 Other Countries / Fayose: Shocking Proof Aisha Buhari May Not Be In U.S After All (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.