Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey (2950 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by iresidency(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2017
1- How Does A Turkish Family Residency for Foreigners Work?

The direct/immediate family member of any foreign national in Turkey with a residency permit may also get a residency permit but under accompanying purposes.

In this law the foreigner in Turkey with the residency permit in this particular case will present him/herself as the supporter of the rest of the direct family members.

So, by law the family member with Turkish residency permit must look after the rest of the family members even if the family member is 18 years old.

-------
2- How can I get Turkish citizenship?

The eligibility requirements for Turkish citizenship are fairly straightforward: You need to be of adult age (according to your country of origin), and you must have lived in Turkey for at least 5 years, with a total interruption of less than six months.

-------------
3- How long does it take to get a work permit in Turkey?

Your employer should submit other documents Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS) within three working days after your application. You can find the list of those documents at MLSS's website. It takes 30 – 90 ninety days. So, you must apply at least 30 days before your arrival to Turkey.

-------------
4- How long you can stay in Turkey?

Turkish visit visas are valid for multiple stays up to a maximum of 90 days in a 180-day period. If you plan to remain in Turkey for a period of more than 90 days, you should apply to the local authorities in Turkey before your 90-day stay has elapsed.

Source- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-turkey
------
5- What is the minimum wage in Turkey?

Oct 6, 2017 - 2017 net minimum wage will not be affected from the shift on taxable income brackets and will not get lower than 1.404 TRY.
Draft law on Amending Some Tax Laws and Governmental Decrees, intended to prevent any decrease in 2017 net minimum wage due to shift in the taxable income brackets, has been presented to General Assembly and expected to be in force soon.

Source- http://turkeyworkpermit.com/turkish-labor-wage/
--------------------
6- How much is the visa for Turkey?

An e-visa costs $20 and you can pay using a credit or debit card. You can apply up to 3 months in advance of your travel date. Turkish visit visas issued on arrival are valid for multiple stays up to a maximum of 90 days in a 180 day period.

Source- https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements
--------------
7- What is the average salary in Turkey?

In Turkey where the average monthly working hours are 225 hours, this means 1.35 euros or 1.86 dollars per hour. Let's round it off, the daily wage is $14… As of July 1, a salary of 891 liras monthly will be the net minimum wage, the actual amount of money that will be in the pocket.

------------
8- Can I get a Turkish visa on arrival?

Ordinary, official/service passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. These passport holders with a valid Schengen members or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit may get their single-entry e-Visas valid for one-month e-Visas via the website www.evisa.gov.tr, provided that they meet certain conditions.

Diplomatic passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.

Source- www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa

---------------
9- What visa do I need to travel to Turkey?

Before you can travel to Turkey, you need a Turkish sticker visa issued by the Turkish Consulate in Abuja. But before that, your passport must also be valid for 60 days beyond the expiry date of your Turkish visa.

-----------------------
10- What is the minimum wage in Turkey?

As of July 2017, the minimum wage in Turkey is 442.89 EUR per month. In Naira terms, this translates to 190,574.77 Naira at the rate 1 EUR = 430.298 NGN as time of this post.

Source- http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-datasets/-/EARN_MW_CUR

----------------
11- What Is The Average Annual Income In Turkey?

In Turkey, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is lower than the OECD average of USD 29 016 a year. In terms of employment, 50% of people aged 15 to 64 in Turkey have a paid job, less than the OECD employment average of 66%, and one of the lowest figures in the OECD.

Source- www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/turkey/

----------------------
12- Do You Need A Visa To Travel To Turkey?

Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. For anyone with a Schengen visa, can obtain three month-multiple entry e-Visas via the website www.evisa.gov.tr and stay in Turkey up to 90 days within 6 months starting from the first entry date. This also applies countries that have diplomatic arraignment with the Turkish Government regarding the movement of persons.

Source- www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
-----------------
13- Do You Need A Visa To Transit Through Istanbul?

A valid passport and onward ticket are required to transit through Turkey on the way to another destination, as well as a visa for the final destination if required. If the traveler intends to pass through immigration or stay in Turkey overnight for a connection, an electronic visa, called an e-Visa, is required, in the case above, otherwise you need to obtain this prior to your travel date.

------
14- What Is The Difference Between Transit And Transfer Passengers?

A flight means the flight is still 'in progress', but momentarily paused. This means you're not actually "in the country", but on the flight. If you transfer between flights, one flight ended and another one starts... but your JOURNEY has not ended, it is just paused, i.e. in transit.

Source- https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/265182/the-difference-between-transfer-and-transit-in-the-context-of-airports-and-t

-----
15- Can A Transit Passenger Leave The Airport?

For most layovers, you can leave the transit area (and airport) in between flights, as long as you have a visa (if necessary) and go through customs and immigration on the way out, and of course you'll have to pass through security again on your way back into the airport.
Re: 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by Sarpyro1: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Please do you know of any University in Turkey that has tuition waiver for international students? I would like to apply.
Re: 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by optimusprime2(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sarpyro1:

Please do you know of any University in Turkey that has tuition waiver for international students? I would like to apply.
Lol... this is funny though, you are basically asking if there is any university with free tuition for international students... well the answer is; "No there isn't"
You may get a scholarship percentage in some universities in Turkey on the basis of academic merit, which is highly competitive just like most universities in Europe etc but an all out tuition waiver is unheard of.
Re: 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by Sarpyro1: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=optimusprime2 post=63718562]
Lol... this is funny though, you are basically asking if there is any university with free tuition for international students... well the answer is; "No there isn't"
You may get a scholarship percentage in some universities in Turkey on the basis of academic merit, which is highly competitive just like most universities in Europe etc but an all out tuition waiver is unheard of.[/quote

Got that. Thanks.
Re: 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by talnsjhg252(f): 10:17am On Apr 06, 2019
Hi there!

From my experience I can say it's a good idea, mainly because public transportation in Czech Republic is quite poor so it is the best way to travel around. Prices are not so high as in Western Europe as well and if you book in advance you can get a good bargain. I don't know if they are in your montioned locations but I suggest you to check Decode https://travelsites.com/car-rental/, I rented with them and stayed satisfied, mainly because of the price I got
Re: 15 Questions Answered For Traveling To Turkey by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2019
Thank you so much for this piece of vast information.
Please I want to know if I will be able to get a resident permit in Turkey if I travel there with a conference or trade Fair visa.

(1) (Reply)

Us Declares 20 Nigerian States Unsafe / JAPA After You Study In Rwanda For 36months / Help With Direction From Iyana Ipaja To SCOAN In Ikotun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.