Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

George Weah: The Journey From World Best Player To President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Weah: The Journey From World Best Player To President (1109 Views)

George Weah: The Dream, The Legend , The Rise To Power / Brazilians Stone Their Team To Welcome Them From World Cup / George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Weah: The Journey From World Best Player To President by Sportstotality(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2017
Over two decades ago, in the days when George Weah donned the colours of AC Milan, he scored one of World Football's greatest goals against Hellas Verona, finishing calmly after a coast-to-coast run. Benedetta Radaelli, current editor-in-chief of the Rossoneri's official channel AC Milan TV, was there. 'I was with my dad. He was saying under his breath 'they won't catch him'. Then he started saying it out loud continuously, in disbelief. Then when George put it in the net, my dad burst into laughter. For me as a little girl, it was amazing fun to be there for such an event. The entire stadium erupted in joy.' The man who bacame an icon to many in Africa, and the World over has just scored his greatest goal yet by winning the Liberian Presidential Election, following the announcement of the results on Thursday.
George Weah has always been one to make history, one to defy all odds. As a footballer, he still remains the only African to be named World Footballer of the year, a feat he achieved in 1995, when he also won European Player of the Year and African Player of the year. A magnificent footballer he was, now he is charged with the responsibility of not scoring goals, or dribbling defenders on a football pitch, instead, he is to replicate his skills on the field to a new pitch - the country, Liberia.
To read more, visit
http://www.sportstotality.com/george-weah-journey-world-best-player-president/

(1) (Reply)

Watch: MAN UTD 2-1 CHELSEA All Goals & Highlight / SARS Is Now Raiding Betting Shops And Demanding For Bribe. / Mistiano Penaldo: The New Name For Ronaldo After Penalty Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.