Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You (4781 Views)

Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / BREAKING: Atiku Gives Full Details About His Educational Background / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by LadyNaija(f): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2017
[img]https://3.bp..com/-n7qLD5EaTMg/WkYFjQcXrdI/AAAAAAAAKaI/v43104HgUrIitqZDyHxOOsOrG_6qKA42gCLcBGAs/s640/minister.png[/img]

Naija newspapers brought to you the educational background for some of Nigeria current ministers.
The Cabinet/Minister of Nigeria is the Executive Branch of the Government of Nigeria. The Cabinet members are appointed by the President and report to the President. The Cabinet currently oversees 24 Federal Ministries, each responsible for some aspect of providing government services, as well as a number of parastatals (government-owned corporations).

1. Minister of Justice Attorney General
Abubakar Malami was born on April 17, 1967 in Birnin Kebbi, the capital of Kebbi State, Northern Nigeria. His early formal education began at Nassarawa Primary School, Birnin Kebbi before he completed his secondary school education at College of Arts and Arabic Studies. In 1991, he graduated from Usmanu Danfodiyo University where he studied Law and was called to the bar in 1992.

2. Minister of Finance
Kemi Adeosun was born in 1967 in London, United Kingdom to Nigerian parents from Ogun State. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of East London and a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Financial Management from the University of London. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales in 1994.

3. Minister of Education
Adamu Adamu was born in Katagum, Bauchi State. He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University where he obtained Bachelors degree in Accounting. He also obtained masters degree in Journalism from Columbia University's School of Journalism [1] Adamu is polyglot, being fluent in Arabic, Persian, Fulfulde Hausa, and French

4. Minister of Budget and National Planning
Udoma Udo Udoma attended Corona School, Ikoyi, Lagos from 1962–64 and Nakasoro Primary School, Kampala, Uganda from 1964-65. He attended King's College, Lagos for his secondary education from 1966 to 1972 and after his A levels proceeded to Oxford University, England where he obtained a B.A. (Law) degree in 1976 and a B.C.L. degree in jurisprudence in 1977. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1978, after obtaining a B.L. degree at the Nigerian Law School.

5. Minister of Transportation
Rotimi Amaechi received a Bachelor of Arts degree (Honours) in English Studies and Literature from the University of Port Harcourt in 1987, where he was the President of the National Union of Rivers State Students (NURSS). He completed the mandatory National Youth Service corps in 1988. He thereafter joined the Services of Pamo Clinics and Hospitals Limited owned by Peter Odili, the former Governor of Rivers State where he worked until 1992.

6. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
Audu Innocent Ogbeh was born on July 28, 1947, in Benue State, of Idoma background. He attended King's College, Lagos (1967 - 1968), then studied at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (1969 - 1972) and the University of Toulouse, France (1973 - 1974). He lectured at the Institute of Education, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (1972 - 1976) and headed the Department of Humanities, Murtala College of Arts, Science and Technology (1977 - 1979).

7. Minister of Information
Lai Mohammed He was born into the family of Alhaji Mohammed Adekeye in 1952. He earned a bachelor's degree in French from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1975 and Law degrees from the University of Lagos and the Nigerian Law School in 1986 and Alhaji Lai Mohammed as a Lawyer co-founded the legal firm of Edu & Mohammed as a Senior Partner in 1989.

8. Minister for Communication
Adebayo Shittu gained admission into University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun south west, Nigeria in the year 1974. At the end of 1978, he had obtained his first degree in Law from the same university.He ventured into politics at the age of 26yrs.In 1979,he became member of old Oyo House of Assembly.

9. Minister of State for Petroleum
Ibe Kachikwu is a distinction graduate of Law from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and Nigerian Law School. He bagged a first class degree in Law and was the best graduate and multiple awards winner from both Institutions. He thereafter obtained a Masters and Doctorate Degree in Law from Harvard University, with distinctions.

10. Minister of Women Affairs
Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a fulani. A lawyer by training, Aisha Jummai became the first female to be appointed Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice. The first woman to be appointed as Secretary FCT judicial council and later appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on 17 December 2003. After she retired from service she went into business.

SOURCE: Private research and Wikipedia

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/12/nigeria-ministers-and-their-educational.html

THIS IS FEDERAL ADD YOUR STATE, Lets see the good one

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by agwom(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2017
Good one, that is paper qualification! we want to see something done.
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by Peterosky(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2017
I can now see why this administration is heading no where.

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by stonemasonn: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2017
So many lawyers

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by GavelSlam: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2017
Peterosky:
I can now see why this administration is heading no where.

Which one them are you more qualified than?

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2017

∆ Yet Nigeria is stagnant... Then their qualification is only useful to them and not the country.... ∆

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by Evablizin(f): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2017

Oh shiit,Lie mohammad issa Lawyer,make sense now.
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by omowolewa: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Sports nkor
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by iamauxin(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2017
I will soon get to their level.
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by cyrilomoh: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2017

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by LionDeLeo: 10:49am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Abi o.

Someone still trying to correct his O'Level results is here making noise about master degree holders.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by Peterosky(m): 11:02am On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

.If you actually typed this trash in form of a question, then you are not even qualified to quote me. Let me even assume that you never went to school in your entire life. Now tell me,what is the relationship between a lawyer and budgeting? Have you ever heard of putting square peg in a round hole? Or you think it's all about acquiring a degree? For your information, as a degree holder, you function well within the purview of your field of study where have indebt knowledge.

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by rayopt(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2017
omowolewa:
Sports nkor

you are pondering what am pondering. . .

That dalung i need to know where he graduated from. . .boys scout international?

But all these flamboyant education sha. . .we never see something to chop, God is washin all of u ooo?

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by GavelSlam: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Peterosky:
.If you actually typed this trash in form of a question, then you are not even qualified to quote me. Let me even assume that you never went to school in your entire life. Now tell me,what is the relationship between a lawyer and budgeting? Have you ever heard of putting square peg in a round hole? Or you think it's all about acquiring a degree? For your information, as a degree holder, you function well within the purview of your field of study where have indebt knowledge.

Please what is the thing you wrote there that I've etched in red?

Later on, you would claim to be a university graduate.

Udo udoma has extensive knowledge being a former chairman of the securities and exchange commission, chairman of UAC and Unilever.

He's a former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It is called ministry of budget and planning.

You half-educated lot don't understand administration .

You lot fail to realise how many investment banks with portfolio far greater than the country's budget are headed by lawyers and engineers.

My friend hide your head in shame or better still read a book and travel widely.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by pointstores(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
These country Na paid padi
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by Abjay97(m): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2017
Lai mohammed studied law, NO WONDER
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by MegaStarr(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
Peterosky:
If you actually typed this trash in form of a question, then you are not even qualified to quote me. Let me even assume that you never went to school in your entire life. Now tell me, what is the relationship between a lawyer and budgeting? Have you ever heard of putting square peg in a round hole? Or you think it's all about acquiring a degree? For your information, as a degree holder, you function well within the purview of your field of study where have indepth knowledge.

I love the way you dished this meal. Good one there.

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by LionDeLeo: 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Udo udoma has extensive knowledge being a former chairman of the securities and exchange commission, chairman of UAC and Unilever.

You lot fail to realise how many investment banks with portfolio far greater than the country's budget are headed by lawyers and engineers.

My friend hide your head in shame or better still read a book and travel widely.
Choi.

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by usba: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please ignore the fool, he is southern illiterate, World Bank is currently headed by a pharmacist. The op is being myopic as their years of experience is just as important. Many Nigerian youths will end up not practicing what they studied in University.

Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by EazyMoh(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
But honestly none of these lawyers is doing anything extra ordinary. The biggest disappointment is the so called minister for justice. May be they should have used an ex banker instead of a lawyer since many lawyers are appointed to virtually every other ministry.
Re: Nigeria Ministers And Their Educational Background, 60% Will Shock You by ivandragon: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
academic qualifications cannot be overlooked or downplayed...

if getting a proper education is easy, then try ignorance...

but in Nigeria, everything is upside down... if you doubt me, just look at PMB...

Presidency React To Fake Buhari In Aso Rock – Reveal Plans / Gov. Akeredolu Returns To Nigeria, Assures Of Fruitful Investment Tour / Meet Prof Doyin Salami: New Chairman Of Nigeria's Economic Advisory Council