Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here (2245 Views)

**The MACHINE!** Brand New Lenovo Y70-70 Touch Laptop (core I7,12gb RAM,1TB+8G) / Holiday Tablet Sales.Samsung.Kindle.ZTE. Free Delivery. 3G(sim) Tab From N17,500 / I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by HeroKing: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
Dear house,

This is an avenue to share experience on the Kindle e-reading device. Please share useful experiences, mention kindle compatible applications you use and other things you use your kindle reading device for. It will also assist if you mention the edition of your Kindle.

One love.
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by osikhueme(f): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
3rd generation kindle, 6" Wifi, I use calibre software,
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by N101: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
I'd love to know if there are any Kindle users in Nigeria, and what their experience is: using the 3g or wifi only versions, buying books, even registering your Kindle.

Are Kindles sold locally (Nigeria), if so where, and for how much?
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by osikhueme(f): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
I got my Kindle since mach, 3rd Gen Kindle, 6" screen with Wifi.
You cannot buy kindles in Nigeria and you cannot even buy online from Nigeria, Amazon wont let you
I got orderbay.com to help me buy and ship my Kindle to Nigeria
if you got someone in the US or UK, You can ask them to buy it and ship it to you
I havent had to use my wireless for the following reasons: 1) I hear it wont work in Nigeria ( I dont see how sha, cos wireless is wireless) 2) I download books on my computer and then sideload to my kindle, so I still get the books I want

Also interesting to note is that Amazon Kindle bookstore does not support Nigeria so you can't buy books directly from Amazon,
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by N101: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ osikhueme

Thanks for the write-up. I have a Kindle 3 3G. My understanding is that 3G will only work in certain countries, but wifi should pretty much work wherever you have a wifi connection shouldn't it? Have you tried connecting it to a wifi network, and if so what happened?

Have you registered your Kindle and if so via which region Amazon? My understanding is that there's an issue regarding buying books from Amazon if you're outside certain countries - so you could buy and register your Kindle in the UK but if you move to Malta you can only buy via Amazon.com. Even if you have a bank card and address in the country where you registered your Kindle, you aren't allowed to buy from that region. Very confusing.

Maybe because there are so few Kindle users in Nigeria that may be the problem - I wonder if South African Kindle users have the same problem?

Where do you buy your books from?
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by osikhueme(f): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
I have never tried to use my Wifi, cos i've gotten used to downloading books on my computer and then side-loading into my kindle
My kindle was registered in the US by the person who helped me purchase it.

Regardless of where it was registered and even if you have a credit card to pay, as long as you are trying to purchase a book from Nigeria (Amazon has a way of checking where you are browsing from btw) they will simply just tell you Nigeria is not amongst the list of countries supported,

They have a list of countries their ebook store supports and Nigeria is not one of them,

I never got my kindle with the intention of buying books online anyway, there are zillions of free books on 4shared.com so there has never been a dull moment for me, I knew all this before I got my Kindle
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by N101: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately that is the case; the IP address tells them where you're from and isn't limited to Amazon, sadly. 

I had loads of ebooks before getting my Kindle but there are a few books on Amazon I'd like to buy, so will be buying those outside of Nigeria i.e. in Kenya  cheesy

I'm going to try the wifi but realise that most of my books are already on an SD card or similar so just have to synch them (unlike my last laptop the USB slots work on the newish one). I tend to avoid file sharing sites for a number of reasons.
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2011
Amazon released some new models today. Y'all might want to check them out.
Re: Kindle Users: Share Your Experience On The device Here by N101: 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
Fortissimo:

Amazon released some new models today. Y'all might want to check them out.

Seen them but not particularly interested.  I guess if someone doesn't have a Kindle and was thinking of buying one this would be good.  The prices have dropped significantly, plus there are a number of options now, including the Fire (Amazon tablet).

(1) (Reply)

Sony S series, 500GB, 4GB RAM, 11.6 screen, Bluetooth, Webcam (Brand New) / IPhone 6 plus / Top 5 Reasons Why Sun King Solar Lamps Are The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.