Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Djokovic Doubtful For Australian Open Due To Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Djokovic Doubtful For Australian Open Due To Injury (217 Views)

2024 Will Be My last season: Nadal Withdraws From 2023 French Open due to injury / Serena Williams Retires At Rogers Cup Finals Due To Injury, Cries Bitterly / Serena Williams Dress At The Australian Open Clash, Causes A Stir Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Djokovic Doubtful For Australian Open Due To Injury by nazzyon(m): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Djokovic doubtful for Australian Open due to injury

By Emmanuel Onminyi,

Former tennis world number one, Novak Djokovic’s, preparation for next month’s Australian Open suffered a big blow after he pulled out of the season-opening exhibition event in Abu Dhabi on December 29 due to pain in his right elbow.

According to Reuters, the 12-time Grand Slam winner was scheduled to serve-off the new season against Spanish tennis star, Roberto Bautista Agut, but was advised by his medical team to skip the tournament just hours before the match.Djokovic has not played since he was forced off the court against Tomas Berdych in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon in July due to an elbow injury.
“I am terribly disappointed that I am forced to withdraw from the Mubadala World Tennis Championship,” the Serb said in a statement.

”Unfortunately, in the past few days I started to feel pain in the elbow and after several tests, my medical team has advised me not to risk anything, to withdraw from the tournament and to immediately continue with the therapies.

http://www.theguildng.com/djokovic-doubtful-for-australian-open-due-to-injury/

(1) (Reply)

Tiredness Won't Be A Factor Against West Ham – Pochettino / Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohamed Salah Will Only Keep Improving / Can Hamilton Win From Fourth Position In Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.