Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

The Politicians Vs. The People In Smoked Screen (a Poem) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politicians Vs. The People In Smoked Screen (a Poem) (332 Views)

How Boko Haram Sustains Operations Through International Trade In Smoked Fish / See All The Politicians That Fought GEJ Who Have Been Served A Dose Of Their Med / Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Politicians Vs. The People In Smoked Screen (a Poem) by david290(m): 7:24am On Dec 30, 2017
Note to readers: This poem is one of the poems contained in the now published anthology, Assortment.

Smoked Screen

Another morning
With more to be seen
Before the sun rising
As I watched from my smoked screen

“We shall supply everything,
People, you all would feast reckless
None shall lack a thing
Somebody get ready for development and progress!”

“Progress? When you led us into a deep recess?”
“Times are rough”
“Yeah yeah game of chess
You know, it’s tough”

“But can we have the bread and the butter?”
“The laughter and the laughs?”
“They’ll come hereafter”
“In bits and in halves”

“There was never an outrage”
“That’s the truth”
Then, there was an outage,
Where’s the truth?

“We’ve restored power,
We conquered them and have now restored peace”
“Sorry, we meant electric power, more gunpowder
The war did not cease!”

“My spleen!”
“Brief me a bit”
“Smoked screen!”
“Deal with it”
(©2017 Samuel D. All rights reserved)

Note to Mynd, the mod: I was torn between posting this to the literature vs. politics section but then I settled with the latter. Feel free to move the post or outright delete it if you think it's inappropriate. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Let's Do Something Different - 2019 Poll / If Your Small Or Medium Sized Business Needs A Website / Voices Of The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.