Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Best Bank To Open A Savings Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account (5548 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria / Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by naijatoday: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
Currently living abroad, hope to return (finally) late next year.

Which bank is best to open a savings account (now)?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by Guarantor(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
Why not try Intercontinental Bank or Guaranty Trust Bank GTB. They are one of the best for now.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by restored(m): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2010
@ Poster,

Diamond & Zenith are equally good (in my own opinion).
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by Chizin(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
The Best is Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB),
They are the best in savings and current accounts.
Never try to use Spring bank or UBA.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by stechi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
naijatoday:

Currently living abroad, hope to return (finally) late next year.

Which bank is best to open a savings account (now)?

GTB is the best,no shaking!!! 'been with them since their inception till date and continuing,
Introduced all my family members and friends and we are not shaking with any bank reform shit because GTB is truelly the "Guranteed" bank in Nigeria
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by jcross19: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
my account was frozen and later released but the bank manager refuse to give me my OWN money all he told me was that " am waiting for an advice from NFIU " please house can go to another branch to get my money
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by Meddler(f): 5:15pm On May 22, 2010
What about Standard Chartered? They still have banks in Nigeria. Are they any good?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by naijatoday: 5:52pm On May 22, 2010
Meddler:

What about Standard Chartered? They still have banks in Nigeria. Are they any good?

I am thinking of Standard Chartered too. they are everywhere and they have an online savings account for their Nigerian branch.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by Meddler(f): 7:11pm On May 22, 2010
i'm just curious as to if you can open a Standard and Chartered bank from outside the country
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by e36991: 9:04am On May 23, 2010
Meddler:

naijatoday:

I am thinking of Standard Chartered too. they are everywhere and they have an online savings account for their Nigerian branch.

Meddler:

i'm just curious as to if you can open a Standard and Chartered bank from outside the country

@NaijaToday or Meddler

Contact them in person, by emailing or by calling via any of the below details and keep the forum posted with the feedback

* Telephone: 00234 1 270 4611-4
* callcentre.nigeria@standardchartered.com

OR

* Address: 1 Basinghall Avenue, London, EC2V 5DD, United Kingdom
* Telephone: +44 (0)20 7 885 8888
* Fax: +44 (0)20 7 885 9999
* Opening Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm, Mon – Fri
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by yomisam: 5:55pm On May 24, 2010
GTB z da best
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by cashmaking(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
hello over there pls dont go far.as for now the place to open your
account is gt bank
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account by LAGOS1976: 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2010
ok,this is good info.

(1) (Reply)

11 Online Food And Grocery Delivery Startups In Nigeria / Buy At N380 And Sell At N488 / How Many Streams Of Income Do You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.