Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive (1020 Views)

Adult Website Offer £40M To Become Chelsea's New Shirt Sponsor / Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final / Liverpool Team Emerges As Europe's Most Valuable Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by Dalek(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
Chelsea have doubled the projected cost of their new stadium to £1billion, which will make it the most expensive in Europe.

Roman Abramovich held talks with Chinese businessmen earlier this month about an investment of over £500million in their redevelopment of Stamford Bridge.

The skyrocketing cost to the build is likely down to the length of time now allocated to the build and its complexity.

Abramovich has poured in more than £1billion since buying the London club in 2003 but is looking at alternative ways to finance the record-breaking build.

Tottenham's new home, due to open ahead of next season, is set to cost £800m but the price of the Blues' project will soar past that.

The Premier League champions plan to transform their home into a stunning 60,000-capacity stadium — a considerable increase on 41,631 the stadium presently holds — but will not move into the new Stamford Bridge until at least 2024.

Antonio Conte's side will spend the next two-and-a-half years at their existing home before development begins in earnest.

Chelsea will then, however, face an extended four-year exile from the Bridge while works take place — most likely at Wembley, although they are still looking at as many as eight sites.

With those schedule changes, the Blues' first game at their new ground has been pencilled in for the opening fixture of the 2024-25 season.

Demolition of the current stadium's surroundings and building work on the adjacent railway line is planned to start next year.

lalasticlala

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5092381/Cost-Chelsea-s-new-Stamford-Bridge-rockets-1bn.html

Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by Dalek(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
EUROPE'S MOST EXPENSIVE STADIA

Tottenham's new stadium (not yet named, due to be open next summer) — £800m

Emirates Stadium (Arsenal) — £616m

Etihad Stadium (Manchester City) — £507m

Old Trafford (Manchester United) — £411m

Allianz Arena (Bayern Munich) —£380m
Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by correctguy101(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
At least Arsenal try spend money this time.
Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by Dalek(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
correctguy101:
At least Arsenal try spend money this time.

Make dem try spend on Players now shey??
Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by correctguy101(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Dalek:

I never talk so o. No come put me for their wahala...
you know say

Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by correctguy101(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Dalek:

you know say

Re: Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive by Dalek(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
correctguy101:

you know say

bhet bros

(1) (Reply)

Orange Bowl 2017 Live Stream / How Brilliant Is Barça's New Coach : Ernesto Valverde / Earn Cash In No Time With Our Daily Million Lotto!!! Launching Very Soon!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.