Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

My Funny Job Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Funny Job Interview Experience (2241 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / Funny Job Interview Experience / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Job Interview Experience by MicNz(m): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Last month I went for an interview I personally know I wasn't suppose to attend. grin

Firstly it has nothing to do with my career goals nor my profession I probably went because someone dared to call me to attend.

The lady by the name of Brenda (now I hate this name) called at 14:58.
Firstly I was 178.46% broke (even the decimals are correct).

My interviews were at 08:45, and I was travelling across town. I had to beat the morning traffic of Abuja/Keffi highway enroute Nyanya.

And secondly I was still broke. With mom away from home, my sister equally wasn't available that day.

I kick started the journey still broke. Met SS1 ex class mate; his name is Ajeni. I told him I have to be in Maitama for a job, he kindly give me N500.

Reached the junction where I can see an available bus, met my former school mate, he paid for my bus fair (N150) and gave me 1k. That meant transport was covered and other for seen expenses such as lunch. wink

In the interview room were Brenda and some tough looking guy (guess the right term is tough looking pretending guy).

I faked my smiles as usual as though I saw two packs of big bite hungry lion.

They were asking questions that weren't applicable as though I mistakenly wrote I once managed Barclays bank in my résumé before.

This one question was hilarious.
Brenda: What is your weakness?
Me: (I froze a bit because I don't even know my weakness) Well Brenda, I don't care how many times I go through this, but if Bae leaves me for another guy, even in my next life I cry.

It ran in my head a little later that that was a blunder...

Well, I didn't get the job and those people made things worse for me by telling me the reason.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove NwaAmaikpe

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by MaryBenn(f): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by Artistree: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2017
Lol
Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
MaryBenn:
undecided undecided undecided

How Re you. Been tryna reach you.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by MicNz(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

How Re you. Been tryna reach you.
Funny signature. "Except the financial transactions"... You must be an ibo man grin
Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
MicNz:

Funny signature. "Except the financial transactions"... You must be an ibo man grin

You already know. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by Gabaleve(m): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
I no even understand u
Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by Gbengageorge: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2018

Well, I didn't get the job and those people made things worse for me by telling me the reason.

It seems those guys don't know what they are doing. If they have to drop you, it shouldn't be because of your weakness, it should be because you don't have something that relate to the job, not your personal side.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Job Interview Experience by MicNz(m): 12:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Gbengageorge:

It seems those guys don't know what they are doing. If they have to drop you, it shouldn't be because of your weakness, it should be because you don't have something that relate to the job, not your personal side.
Unfortunately, that's the way my country men reacts. I thought about this too.

(1) (Reply)

Become A Mobile Money Agent (nownow) In Osogbo And Its Environ And Earn Big!!! / 1% Club Scam Or Real / FRSC 2023 Recruitment Portai, Requirements And Closing Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.