Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (1293 Views)

Leah Olusiyi Solomon Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock. Photos / Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 / I Have Not Been Sick Like This Before - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2017

1 Like

Re: ... by ourfather: 7:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Re: ... by justsayemma(m): 7:45am On Dec 31, 2017
op just say we should stop d blame game , this your defense is too weak. federal workers were not paid for some months , and money was borrowed to pay them, its a fact. about the issue of bracing up for hard times by NOI. your defense was senseless , it was a clear warning that we were heading toward tougher times. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by progress69: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2017
justsayemma:
op just say we should stop d blame game , this your defense is too weak. federal workers were not paid for some months , and money was borrowed to pay them, its a fact. about the issue of bracing up for hard times by NOI. your defense was senseless , it was a clear warning that we were heading toward tougher times. thank you.
menh!!!!!

u call this defense? this is rather a disjointed garbage!!!!

making sense out of it is hard for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2017
progress69:

menh!!!!!

u call this defense? this is rather a disjointed garbage!!!!

making sense out of it is hard for me.

Whoever that expects you to give a proper analysis of the above should be at the asylum..

You claimed 27, but facts states 18 and it was a 1mth/2mth period as at May 2015 except osun state..

Now governors have been paid paris funds in 2 or more bat hes but we still have over 13 states owing salaries.

You guys are just habitual liars who turn figures to favour you.
Re: ... by progress69: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2017
Esseite:

Whoever that expects you to give a proper analysis of the above should be at the asylum..

You claimed 27, but facts states 18 and it was a 1mth/2mth period as at May 2015 except osun state..

Now governors have been paid paris funds in 2 or more bat hes but we still have over 13 states owing salaries.

Are you speaking English?

Bye!

2 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
justsayemma:

But progress69 stated same figure on his analysis and it was not senseless... grin grin.. you guys can be funny i swear..

I only put out the full article on that which he quoted just a line. grin grin.

You failed to castigate the depletion of the ECA spearheaded by amechi while suing the FG to court of which NOI was screaming on it to be preserved to cushion the drop in oil price effect. but are quick to seek $1bn from the same ECA now for bokoharam which could have been much more than it is now. Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 31, 2017
progress69:

Are you speaking English?

Bye!

Empty vessel... your lies have been brought to your face and yeah as usual, they take to their heels.

1 Like

Re: ... by Cjrane2: 8:23am On Dec 31, 2017
Esseite:
In as much as we are all in it together, it is very important to refute the claims and allegations of the APC and its media analyst whom are quick to lies and experts to cut out excerpts favourable to them rather than the whole article. I have gone through the links on the thread of progress69 on the above subject and it seems he did not take the full article but only those line sentences favourable to APC. We must commend him for atleast bringing up facts which is rare among the media goons qualities, but at the same time, we should set the records straight.

Cc: lalas
Cc: mynd44

1. 27 state governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors. Despite this bail out funds, many refused to meet their obligations.

Response :
18 states bankrupt, can’t pay workers’ salaries
TONY
15 JUN 2015
By Omoh Gabriel, Business Editor

Eighteen out of the thirty-six states of the federation are technically bankrupt. This is because they have mortgaged their federation account allocations to contractors by signing irrevocable payment orders with various banks. As a result, payment to contractors and other debt instruments are deducted at source and have become first line charge on their lean resources. As at Dec 2017 over 14 states still owe salaries despite paris funds in different batches

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/despite-parish-refund-over-10-states-owe-salaries-pensions.html

http://desertherald.com/backlog-of-unpaid-civil-servants-salaries-who-is-fooling-who/

2. Federal Government was borrowing to pay 2015 salaries.-May 6, 2015

Response:
From the minister of finance:
Okonjo-Iweala, in a statement by her Special Adviser on Communications, Paul Nwabuikwu, said the governors of such states should be blamed for the development in their states because they were told through the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee to make the issue of wage a priority.

The Federal Government had made the issue of workers’ salaries a top priority in order to ensure that the “people do not feel the negative impact of the revenue drop on the economy.”
The minister said contrary to the “misinformation being put forward by certain governors to the effect that federal workers are being owed, staff salaries at the Federal level are up-to-date.”

She said in the five paragraph statement that the states, being one of the three tiers of government that receive monthly allocations from the Federation Account, should be blamed for their predicament.
The statement read: “This is to clarify the misinformation put forward by certain governors to the effect that Federal workers are being owed salaries.
This is incorrect. Staff salaries at the Federal level are up-to-date; workers have received their April salaries.

Regarding difficulties in salary payments, certain governors are trying to blame the Federal Government for their predicament. This is wrong. They had been told through the FAAC to prioritise salaries but they chose not to do so, hence the backlog that some states are experiencing.

http://desertherald.com/backlog-of-unpaid-civil-servants-salaries-who-is-fooling-who/

3. Oil marketers were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected disruptions (never in Nigeria have this happened until 2015)

Response:
Petrol was selling at N87/ltr which was obviously subsidized at a huge amout, The incoming government claimed not to know about subsidy or even wanted to hear about it which distorted the system, it is only normal and important to every marketer to stop import and go all measures to retrive their debt.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/12/25/buhari-expresses-regret-over-fuel-crisis-subsidy-hits-n40-70litre/

4. Okonjo-Iweala who many people in the opposition believe would have done better or saved the economy warned of tougher times as oil slipped low to about $76.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians -NOV 2014

Response: it is only prudent of the finance minister or any financial watchdog to give warning when sales drop.

The Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, Jonah Otunla, said in a statement at the end of the meeting that the balance in the account dropped from about $3.11 billion to $2.45 billion in December.

The new balance in the account followed the withdrawal of the equivalent of N15.631 billion to augment the shortfall in allocation available for distribution to the three tiers of government for the month. Former CBN Governor Lamido Sanusi Lamido and Dr. Okonjo-Iweala had argued that the account should be kept for a rainy period as this but state governor had their way in sharing the money. If there were enough funds in the account, it will not have been this bad for state governments.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/18-states-bankrupt-cant-pay-workers-salaries/amp/

5. Falling Foreign Reserves

Nigeria’s foreign reserves drop to $29.13 billion:

$29.13B as at May 2015

Response:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-spends-n1tr-on-fuel-subsidy-in-2015-kachikwu/124416.html

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/subsidy-payment-equals-25-of-2015-budget/

Gej could have saved Billions of dollars and trillions of naira on subsidy if he had insisted on its removal. But despite that, he maintained a $30bn dollar treasury while trying to stablize commodities/gas/dollar etc. We have all that going haywire now, subsidy removed, hands being dipped into the countries pension, billions and trillions borrowed in 2 years while we are just at $39bn

Stable prices:
Dollar was stable which we are subsidizing now at different market rates for different individuals

Subsidy was allocated for on a monthly when crude oil was at its peak. You and i hit the road to protest on removal of subsidy in 2011 which could have seen our reserve at its highest if we had not been hypocritical about it. it sells for N145 now at N40.2k subsidy and you quickly recognize the increase in the treasury.

Oga, thank you for setting the records straight. if more Nigerians didn't lose hope and just used facts to engage this corrupt and clueless regime, Nigeria will be a better place when they realize we are no fools to be told all sorts of lies.

Thank God for the internet. If not Buhari and his team will continue to lie forever.

4 Likes

Re: ... by progress69: 8:26am On Dec 31, 2017
Esseite:

Empty vessel... your lies have been brought to your face and yeah as usual, they take to their heels.

you are not gonna lure me into a foolish argument.

have fun!
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 31, 2017
progress69:

you are not gonna lure me into a foolish argument.

have fun!

Its funny how its called foolish now grin grin, its same links which you posted in your thread, just the full version which you delibrately cut out... grin grin

Except you have admitted your lies..
Re: ... by ahaika23: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2017
what beats me is how they claim GEJ regime failed to save the ECA yet convinvincly evade Amaechi and co who were in fact the ones who depleted the reserves. Zombiesm is truly a curse!

1 Like

Re: ... by SalamRushdie: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2017
Weĺl only someone with extremely low IQ will day Buhari is not reaoonsible for the recession and current bad state of affairs of the Nigerian economy .As long as Buhari remains the short sighted dullard he is dont expect much from him please . His shortsightedness has currently grounded the port town of Onne completely but zombies willl not see that one yet and when it appears in the economic indices next month they will start blaming the previous govt again ...Buhari and Buhari alone destroyed Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ... by commoditiesnig: 8:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Esseite:

Bro sincerely I feel so sad and embarrassed that you had to take took precious time to start writing a rebuttal, when you, I & all Nigerians were aware of the monumental financial destruction we had as a Nation on/before 2015, as progress69 rightly stated.

Our Nation had a "fatal accident" with serious casualties, instead of mourning, you're trying to argue numbers of those killed!! Haba!!

WHENEVER I VISIT NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION & SEE TOPICS LIKE THIS, I WEEP FOR OUR YOUTHS, HOW THEY'VE BEEN REDUCED TO NOTHING BY POLITICIANS.

2 Likes

Re: ... by progress69: 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
commoditiesnig:

Bro sincerely I feel so sad and embarrassed that you had to take took precious time to start writing a rebuttal, when you, I & all Nigerians were aware of the monumental financial destruction we had as a Nation on/before 2015, as progress69 rightly stated.

Our Nation had a "fatal accident" with serious casualties, instead of mourning, you're trying to argue numbers of those killed!! Haba!!

WHENEVER I VISIT NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION & SEE TOPICS LIKE THIS, I WEEP FOR OUR YOUTHS, HOW THEY'VE BEEN REDUCED TO NOTHING BY POLITICIANS.

leave that clown..lol
just check out the so called "rebuttal"
God forbid i stoop low to start start showing how silly the whole garbage is.
he claimed i took out what favor APC from my links and never used the same link to bring out what "favors" PDP cheesy, rather brought out some out of point junks, added with his personal bigoted opinion. Imagine the trash of Buhari said he knows nothing about subsidy as a reason for fuel crises in 2015, when of a truth the marketers were being owed $1bn cheesy
i thought he was going to copy and paste the full article from all the links i posted and show that I lied, see the jargons up there. cheesy.
this will be my last attention to this useless, kindergarten thread!
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
commoditiesnig:

Its neccessary to counter these lies with his own links, he cut that which he used and failed to tell the full article. That is hypocrisy.

Yes our nation had a fatal accident like all oil producing countries.

Progress69 took his time to lay out lies, its only normal to set it straight before its taken as truth.

18 states were owing on 1mth/2mth basis he claimed 27. Despite 2 or more batch payment of paris fund(which he took as achievement). More than 13 are still owing as at Dec 2017.

He accused NOI of being behind the whole crunch while facts states she was sued while pushing for ECA to be saved to cushion effects.

He said the reserve was at $29bn and now at $39bn meanwhile kachikwu stated Nigeria spent trillions on subsidy which he never mentioned. While the ECA sharing was spearheaded by amaech.

Salaries were never owed on federal level as alledged.
Re: ... by JANK23H(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
justsayemma:
Stop lying!I'm a federal worker and there was no time we were owed for months.Salary was only delayed for about a week and that was the only time during GEJ's tenure.

However, delayed salary has been a recurring problem in this administration.

1 Like

Re: ... by JANK23H(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2017
3. Oil marketers were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected disruptions (never in Nigeria have this happened until 2015)

Response:
Petrol was selling at N87/ltr which was obviously subsidized at a huge amout, The incoming government claimed not to know about subsidy or even wanted to hear about it which distorted the system, it is only normal and important to every marketer to stop import and go all measures to retrive their debt.

The scarcity was as a result of the uncertainties over subsidy payments.PMB and infact APC had called subsidy a scam and nonexistent,marketers had to stop importation and sales of PMS.

More so, it happened about 2 months before the handover to this present administration.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2017
progress69:

leave that clown..lol
just check out the so called "rebuttal"
God forbid i stoop low to start start showing how silly the whole garbage is.
he claimed i took out what favor APC from my links and never used the same link to bring out what "favors" PDP cheesy, rather brought out some out of point junks, added with his personal bigoted opinion. Imagine the trash of Buhari said he knows nothing about subsidy, when of a truth the marketers were being owed $1bn cheesy
i thought he was going to copy and paste the full article from all the links i posted and show that I lied, see the jargons up there. cheesy.
this will be my last attention to this useless, kindergarten thread!

Ahhh. shocked shocked.. oh my God, it is a known fact buhari said "he does not know anything about subsidy".. wait let me debunk this your NEW lie...gosh why are you guys like this.

Re: ... by commoditiesnig: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2017
ahaika23:
what beats me is how they claim GEJ regime failed to save the ECA yet convinvincly evade Amaechi and co who were in fact the ones who depleted the reserves. Zombiesm is truly a curse!

Lol.. Can you listen to yourself? HOW CAN GOVERNORS DEPLETE A WHOLE NATION FOREIGN RESERVE WHEN WE HAVE A C-in-C/PRESIDENT? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU AT ALL?!!

ARE YOU IMPLYING/SAYING THAT GOVERNORS WERE IN CHARGE OF THE PREVIOUS ADMIN & NOT THE PRESIDENT, IN DICTATING THE NATION AFFAIRS, ESP. ON ECA?

I need to exit here for better use of my time.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
commoditiesnig:

Lol.. Can you listen to yourself? HOW CAN GOVERNORS DEPLETE A WHOLE NATION FOREIGN RESERVE WHEN WE HAVE A C-in-C/PRESIDENT? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU AT ALL?!!

ARE YOU IMPLYING/SAYING THAT GOVERNORS WERE IN CHARGE OF THE PREVIOUS ADMIN & NOT THE PRESIDENT, IN DICTATING THE NATION AFFAIRS, ESP. ON ECA?

I need to exit here for better use of my time.

Were you not aware the FG was sued on operating an illegal account and the governor won the case to share the funds accrued in the ECA?

If jonathan has disobeyed court orders despite trying so hard to hold the funds, APC would hit the streets on why he has become a tyrant.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/100865-excess-crude-account-governors-to-charge-fg-to-court.html/amp
Re: ... by commoditiesnig: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
ahaika23:

Need to exit here for better use of my time.
Re: ... by Cjrane2: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
justsayemma:

Blame game is the ONLY thing left for the present clueless regime.

They have heavily borrowed in secret and squandered all the loans. They claim to have recovered billions from whistle blowing, yet, cannot account for one naira of the money. They have taxed Nigerians heavily, yet cannot point to one major infrastructure achieved in this regime.

Nigerians are already in one chance bus.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019: Contest And Be Disgraced – Fr. Mbaka Warns Buhari In Shocking New Year / Benue: Herdsmen Returns Hack 11 To Dead In Fresh Attack / NATIONAL NEWS Yoruba Group Threatens To Break Out Of Nigeria In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.