Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung (21870 Views)

Buhari Swears In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission (Photos) / Buhari Appoints Board Members For Privatised Company / Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 31, 2017
The Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung, has urged football stakeholders to remain calm over some appointments into the Nigeria Football Federation board by the Federal Government.

Dalung, in a statement on Saturday in Abuja, said efforts were being made to correct an oversight made following the recent appointments into the NFF board.

The Federal government had announced the appointments on Friday of over 1,000 members, including 209 board Chairmen.

They are to fill positions on the boards of government parastatals, including the NFF and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

Others are the National Institute for Sports and the Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre which are all under the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development.

Dalung, in the statement released by Nneka Ikem-Anibeze, his Special Assistant on Media, said the appointment of members into the NFF board by the government was an oversight.

“By virtue of their (NFF) statutes, members are elected and not appointed.

“The appointments were an oversight which is being sorted out. NFF is governed by statutes and board members are elected by congress and not appointed.

“I am appealing for calm from all stakeholders as it was an administrative oversight. Efforts are tailored towards addressing it very soon"

The Minister also stated that government and football’s world governing body FIFA were in talks to clarify the issue and assure them that no harm was intended.

“I have spoken with the FIFA General-Secretary over the situation in Nigeria and conveyed Federal Government’s commitment to upholding the governance structure of the NFF.

Source: https://punchng.com/fgs-appointment-of-nff-board-members-an-oversight-dalung/

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by dammytosh: 7:47am On Dec 31, 2017
F00lish people.

Apparently somebody just wrote the list.

Presido does not have any input and he is not in charge of his Govt

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 31, 2017
I'm really worried, we've never had it this bad.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Chuks9000: 7:52am On Dec 31, 2017
What kind of blunder is this? This people should gather themselves together na?
If this is true, it speaks volumes about how the affairs of this country is being run.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by naijaboy756: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2017
make FIFA no come ban Nigeria because of this useless APC goverment o. Which kind wahala be this?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by obiageIi(f): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2017
Incompetence of this admistration knows no boundss

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by otil1: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2017
If @Sarrki, @NgeneUkwenu and @GavelSlam don't see this as INCOMPETENCE, I reserve my comments

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by OfficialAwol(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2017
Have you watched the video where this fool of a Dalung said Argentina was "a good football association in Ngeria"?

I'd have doubted it if it wasn't a video.

It's patriotism to rid Nigeria of Buhari and everything of him in 2019.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by praise010(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2017
It's the last day of year 2017 so I will try as much as possible not to insult this government. That I am disappointed is an understatement. What a government!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Bevista: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Pure incompetence!
---
Why wait for so long before making appointments, and when you finally do, you make so many at once....Who makes over 1000 appointments in one fell swoop? This is the reason for all the blunders in the recent board appointments.
---
You wait for so long to appoint ministers and yet still cannot appoint top notch candidates for the job. So not impressed.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Omeokachie: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2017
Confusion everywhere!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by doctokwus: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
grin grin
Just like in the Maina case when the cow rearer left those he had the power to sack,his appointees indicted in the scandal,and sacked the one person he didn't have the constitutional power to sack,Maina!
Buhari likes leaving what he has power to do and instead carries out with much enthusiasm,propaganda and fanfare,things he isn't given power to do,like this NFF board appointment.
We are being ruled by a brain challenged human and some of us still don't see the oncoming train he is heading Nigeria towards,because if this alone is not rectified,Nigeria risks being banned by FIFA from participating in the World Cup,all because of one grossly incompetent president!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by naijapips02: 9:59am On Dec 31, 2017
Nigeria is going down the drain...and fast.

A bunch of bananas have eaten a monkey.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by SalamRushdie: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2017
When I say Buhari is ultra incompetent I know what I am saying people . I absolutely do , Buhari is the height of incompetence ..Please lets engage tag #BACK2DAURA and send the dullard back to his origin ..

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Beremx(f): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2017
If they like, they should appoint Stephen Keshi and Samuel Okwaraji as Super Eagles coach and Captain respectively, this government is a total failure.

Buhari is a disappointment!!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Beremx(f): 10:36am On Dec 31, 2017
abokibuhari:

My sweet berem kiss

Make we hook up for Ebiza along apple junction road to tear fish now grin
I dey East my brother. Is this Oremussanctus?

4 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Feraz(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2017
I frankly feel pity for them right now.

This is very embarrassing!

I still maintain what I think - the list must have been prepared since and was not updated when they decided to act on it. Who would not do that? Even as little as CVs, people do check them for modification talk more of someone given the mandate to lead the nation. This is sad!

SalamRushdie:
When I say Buhari is ultra incompetent I know what I am saying people . I absolutely do , Buhari is the height of incompetence ..Please lets engage tag #BACK2DAURA and send the dullard back to his origin ..
Unfortunately, there are many who still think that it was certain civil servants employed under PDP that deliberately sabotaged this list. In doubt, they would soon be here to defend them.

obiageIi:
Incompetence of this admistration knows no boundss
I am shocked!

11 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2017
Can someone be this incompetent? One of my staunch Buhari-supporter friend would say, 'guy, dem don jazz Buhari, this tin no be ordinary. No matter how dull person be he no fit just de fuuckup like this. No worry, we go kick am out 2019' grin

16 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Okoroawusa: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Beremx:
I dey East my brother. Is this Oremussanctus?
You dey east?

No wonder!

Village ppl things.
Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by otil1: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2017
Berem is back! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by otil1: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I concur!

To the Daura dúllard:

#BACK2DAURA

15 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Okoroawusa: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2017
This is a BIG embarrasement.

However,it will NEVER I repeat NEVER diminish my support for Buhari.

There is no perfection anywhere on earth

The presidency should apologize to Nigerians.

Nonetheless,I prefer a govt that makes mistake on names compilation to the one that sees stealing as no corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by surgical: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2017
otil1:
If @Sarrki, @NgeneUkwenu and @GavelSlam don't see this as INCOMPETENCE, I reserve my comments
They are ostriches.

4 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Zanas: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2017
Dullardinhoe don play penalty go throw in

5 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Lipscomb(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Yet still better than Jonathan nothing this got to do with governing.
Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by iokpebholo: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2017
Beremx:
If they like, they should appoint Stephen Keshi and Samuel Okwaraji as Super Eagles coach and Captain respectively, this government is a total failure.

Buhari is a disappointment!!
oh berem!!!where have thou been?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by BrutusOj(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2017
Bevista:
Pure incompetence!
---
Why wait for so long before making appointments, and when you finally do, you make so many at once....Who makes over 1000 appointments in one fell swoop? This is the reason for all the blunders in the recent board appointments.
---
You wait for so long to appoint ministers and yet still cannot appoint top notch candidates for the job. So not impressed.
It' all campaign and a way of covering up the fuel wahala as those appointed will resume dirty work of defending their incompetent boss.

5 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by BrutusOj(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2017
Lipscomb:
Yet still better than Jonathan nothing this got to do with governing.
fear God

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by Samogbo1(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2017
Oversight indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung by oshe111(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2017
Service was LIT

This year STARTED and ENDED on a SUNDAY

*Singing*

Who Shall I Liken Onto Thee....

No ONE.....

No One....

Wh shall I liken Onto Thee.....

NOBODY BELIKE HIM

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update: Normalcy Returns To Makurdi. / Revolution Now: DSS Seeks Permission To Detain Sowore For 90 More Days / Mike Ozekhome: Judgment Sacking Umahi Cannot Stand Appeal Court Scrutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.