Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds (1745 Views)

Orange Flesh Sweet Potatoes Vine And Tuber Now Available In Ikorodu, Lagos / Regular Supply Of Sweet Potatoes In Osun / Supply Of Irish Potatoes And Sweet Potatoes From Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2017
pls i need sweet seeds for planting,who has ideal of where i can get.
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by apakoso2020: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2017
sorry bro, sweet potato is not planted by seed, but by stem
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2017
the seed is now available you plant the seed and after 1month interval it will generate the stem you cut them and plant this is for large scale farmings i knw wt am saying bro the seed is rare.
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Seun(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2017
Can the sweet potato tubers in the market be planted too?
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2017
no the tuber can not be planted only stem and seed
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by oyetpel(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Seun:

No, potato tubers are not to be planted, but the stem.

Check this picture out to see the stem i used in planting my potatoes.

1 Like

Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by oluwasemipe(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
There is nothing like sweet potato seed, you plant by using stem
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by ogbongenet: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
I have chinease potatoes seeds for sale..

Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by ogbongenet: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
I have chinease potatoes seeds for sale... Call 08060115253
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Hafeexla(m): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
Seun:
there planted by the leaf
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
I saw somewhere(bbc - they have a farming channel-
the tubers are planted in soil(largescale) or water (smallscale) to generate multiple shoots. The young shoots are then cut and planted

1 Like

Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by jidestroud(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
mathadi:
the seed is now available you plant the seed and after 1month interval it will generate the stem you cut them and plant this is for large scale farmings i knw wt am saying bro the seed is rare.

Sorry boss, but I totally disagree with what you term potato seeds. Potatoes are vegetatively grown okay. You either propagate from stem growing or using of part of the potato inself. And there is nothing rare about potato seeds if by seeds you mean small pieces of potatoes used in growing. That's what we call potato seeds I.e Yam seeds
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by PapaBrowne(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
Seun:

Sweet Potato is one of the easiest things to grow.
If you put those tubers in the ground, they will sprout in no time.

But the best way to plant them is via vines. Put the vines in the ground and they start off in a few days.

Its important though, if you want good yields to use virus free vines!
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by oluwasemipe(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bros that is not seed but tuber
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 01, 2018
when i get the seeds i will let you all knw,if i have not used it before i will nt be asking for it.
Re: Pls Were Can I Get Sweet Potatoes Seeds by Christistruth00: 3:51am On Feb 21, 2021
Hafeexla:
there planted by the leaf

Are you sure the sweet potatoes Leaf can grow into a plant?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Feed Formulation For Catfish / Order For Yours! Cashew, Oil Palm, Cocoa N Ogbono All Hybrid Seedlings . / How Much Do You Sell Your Eggs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.