Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours (589 Views)

Google Explains Its Own Company’s Approach To SEO / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder / How To Place The Infeed Ads In A Wordpress Website (A New Approach To Blogs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by HardMirror(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Many nigerians would be in church today to seek the face of God for 2018. Many churches would come up with themes for the new year.
Here is how the 4th riches man in the world approaches his new years.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg is a longtime advocate of New Year's resolutions and he publicly pledges a new personal challenge every year. While he has yet to reveal his resolution for 2018, his past challenges have included some more mundane goals, like "wear a tie every day" (2009) to "become a vegetarian" (2011), and some ambitious ones, like "build a simple AI to run my home and help me with my work" (2016).

This past year, the billionaire's resolution was to meet new people throughout the country.

"My personal challenge for 2017 is to have visited and met people in every state in the U.S. by the end of the year," Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post. "I've spent significant time in many states already, so I'll need to travel to about 30 states this year to complete this challenge. After a tumultuous last year, my hope for this challenge is to get out and talk to more people about how they're living, working and thinking about the future."

And wife of bill gates

Melinda Gates, co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, has a unique strategy when it comes to resolutions. In the past, she has said that, instead of setting a resolution, she picks a single word to look to for guidance over the next 12 months. In 2016, that word was "gentle."

"I've found this to be more successful than setting a more traditional resolution, because instead of prompting a radical change in behavior, it encourages a gradual change in mindset," Gates wrote in an article for Real Simple. "Last January, I chose the word 'gentle,' and I've spent 2016 trying to put it into practice — being gentler to those around me, gentler in my approach to the world, and most importantly, gentler to myself."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/28/how-mark-zuckerberg-and-melinda-gates-approach-new-years-resolutions.html
Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by oluebubeneo(f): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
makes sense
Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by HardMirror(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
oluebubeneo:
makes sense
How do you approach new years?
Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by oluebubeneo(f): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
HardMirror:

I'm not so keen on new year resolutions but I really went through tough times in 2017 so I have decided to take control of my life and not feel helpless. So like Melinda I'll call my resolution POWER

2 Likes

Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by oluebubeneo(f): 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
HardMirror:
Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by HardMirror(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
oluebubeneo:
No resolutions, no prayers, it is just a circle, everyday is special and should be lived with determination. Each day spent is a day off our lives we dont have to wait till january first before realizing that time is going and we have a lot to do. Same with birthdays, not special to me, just another day

2 Likes

Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by oluebubeneo(f): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
HardMirror:

No resolutions, no prayers, it is just a circle, everyday is special and should be lived with determination. Each day spent is a day off our lives we dont have to wait till january first before realizing that time is going and we have a lot to do. Same with birthdays, not special to me, just another day
True.
Re: How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours by pressplay411(m): 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
Makes sense. I have decided my word would be Discipline. I choose to be more disciplined in my personal and professional life. Be more organised and time conscious.

(1) (Reply)

How I Won Domainkingng Affiliate Contest 2018 / Instagram And Twitter Account Needed. / Having Issues Sharing Post From Wordpress Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.