Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother (927 Views)

UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) / Girl Rushed To Hospital With Iron Hook In Her Eye. Graphic Photos / Man Rushed To Hospital With Big Nail In His Throat In Kano Looks Calm. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 5:29am On Jan 01, 2018
As you all celebrate the new year with joy, I am here in tears in the hospital with my sick brother. The last days of the Yuletide season has been devastating for me.

On the 27-12-2017 (Wednesday night), He complained of stomach pain, chest pain, neck pain, inshort body pain, severe headache cold, loss of appetite and he vomited and had sleepless night so early the next morning I rushed him to the nearest hospital.

He was diagnosed with malaria, typhoid and ulcer in the stomach, its the first time He ever had ulcer. The doctor admitted him and he took drips, injections and drugs. On Saturday 30-12-2017 he responded well to treatment, he started eating and all that but was still complaining of body (stomach and chest ) pains and cold and then the doctor discharged him from the hospital yesterday, Sunday nigh,t 31-12-2017. On getting home he complained of cold and loss of appetite but I rushed to get him rice and stew and he managed to take 2-4 spoons and ran to the toilet to throw up, then it dawned on me he had not fully recovered so I rushed him back to the hospital and he was given two powerful injections to make him sleep as well. But surprisingly to me he still had sleepless night then at some minutes past 3 he complained of severe cold and was shivering so I use my bedsheets to cover him and called the nurse and doctor to come through. He was given about 4 injections in his butt and 2 in his hands, his butt is swollen.

Honestly, I am very worried. Why is this happening? Should I take him to another hospital as I am not really seeing result? Although the doctor prescribed some drugs for the cold, ulcer and pains but I couldn't buy it because we returned home at 9-10 and the pharmacy was closed for obvious reasons. But he "treated" him for vomition yet he still vomited, so I ask again should I take him to another hospital? Sorry if there's any typo or blunder I am not myself as I type.

Doctors in the house pls advise me. Seun sissy3 Dominique Lalasticlala mynd44 pls help me push this to the front page
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by matrix199(m): 6:10am On Jan 01, 2018
businessempire:
As you all celebrate the new year with joy, I am here in tears in the hospital with my sick brother. The last days of the Yuletide season has been devastating for me.

On the 27-12-2017 (Wednesday night), He complained of stomach pain, chest pain, neck pain, inshort body pain, severe headache cold, loss of appetite and he vomited and had sleepless night so early the next morning I rushed him to the nearest hospital.

He was diagnosed with malaria, typhoid and ulcer in the stomach, its the first time He ever had ulcer. The doctor admitted him and he took drips, injections and drugs. On Saturday 30-12-2017 he responded well to treatment, he started eating and all that but was still complaining of body (stomach and chest ) pains and cold and then the doctor discharged him from the hospital yesterday, Sunday nigh,t 31-12-2017. On getting home he complained of cold and loss of appetite but I rushed to get him rice and stew and he managed to take 2-4 spoons and ran to the toilet to throw up, then it dawned on me he had not fully recovered so I rushed him back to the hospital and he was given two powerful injections to make him sleep as well. But surprisingly to me he still had sleepless night then at some minutes past 3 he complained of severe cold and was shivering so I use my bedsheets to cover him and called the nurse and doctor to come through. He was given about 4 injections in his butt and 2 in his hands, his butt is swollen.

Honestly, I am very worried. Why is this happening? Should I take him to another hospital as I am not really seeing result? Although the doctor prescribed some drugs for the cold, ulcer and pains but I couldn't buy it because we returned home at 9-10 and the pharmacy was closed for obvious reasons. But he "treated" him for vomition yet he still vomited, so I ask again should I take him to another hospital? Sorry if there's any typo or blunder I am not myself as I type.

Doctors in the house pls advise me. Seun sissy3 Dominique Lalasticlala mynd44 pls help me push this to the front page

Typhoid and malaria do not take a second, a minute, an hour, or a day to get full relief/recovery. It takes some days, perhaps a week or more, to recover fully.

These parasites secret toxins that affect cell, tissue, and organ physiology. The symptoms like nausea, emesis, chills, body ache, and headache, present when the toxins are in high level in the blood, and impairs the functions of cells, tissues, and organs. The reason why he still experiences those symptoms after being discharged is because the toxin is still in his blood.

The cold he feels is actually chills. It's a kind of shiver the body experience when there's an intracellular or extracellular infection. It means the parasites have not completely been eradicated from the blood.
Also, the weather is quite cold. This may be another factor contributing to the cold/chills he feels.

I suggest you cover him up with thick blanket when he gets home. Get vitamin C to the list of drugs the doc prescribed. Then let him rest for a while. He'll be back on his feet after two or three days.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2018
I declare healing on him right now. In Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 01, 2018
@businessempire, do you have his test results with you, can I have a look?

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by sehrish(f): 11:37am On Jan 01, 2018
sad dear i am praying for u

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 11:55am On Jan 01, 2018
EsotericMonk:
@businessempire, do you have his test results with you, can I have a look?
ok sir, I'd try and get it from the doctor

Below is picture of the list of drugs the doctor asked me to buy
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Ralphlauren(m): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
Why not take him to another hospital since there’s been little improvement ?
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
matrix199:

Typhoid and malaria do not take a second, a minute, an hour, or a day to get full relief/recovery. It takes some days, perhaps a week or more, to recover fully.

These parasites secret toxins that affect cell, tissue, and organ physiology. The symptoms like nausea, emesis, chills, body ache, and headache, present when the toxins are in high level in the blood, and impairs the functions of cells, tissues, and organs. The reason why he still experiences those symptoms after being discharged is because the toxin is still in his blood.

The cold he feels is actually chills. It's a kind of shiver the body experience when there's an intracellular or extracellular infection. It means the parasites have not completely been eradicated from the blood.
Also, the weather is quite cold. This may be another factor contributing to the cold/chills he feels.

I suggest you cover him up with thick blanket when he gets home. Get vitamin C to the list of drugs the doc prescribed. Then let him rest for a while. He'll be back on his feet after two or three days.
Well elucidated and very helpful. My parents are very worried especially my mom, will forward your comment to her to calm her down.
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Ralphlauren(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
businessempire:

Well elucidated and very helpful. My parents are very worried especially my mom, will forward your comment to her to calm her down. I forgot to mention Hes coughing and there's blood in his spit after coughing, the doctor said its becos of the ulcer or chest pain

TAKE HIM TO ANOTHER GOOD HOSPITAL.

Your brother is still very ill.

He should never have been discharged from that hospital.

Take him to another hospital and ask to see a competent doctor.
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ralphlauren:

TAKE HIM TO ANOTHER GOOD HOSPITAL.

Your brother is still very ill.

He should never have been discharged from that hospital.

Take him to another hospital and ask to see a competent doctor.

Could you imagine he said he discharged him becos he would get better quicker at home than in the hospital
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
lofty900:
I declare healing on him right now. In Jesus name
Amen. Thank you.
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
sehrish:
sad dear i am praying for u
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
businessempire:
ok sir, I'd try and get it from the doctor

Below is picture of the list of drugs the doctor asked me to buy
I can't see no picture
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
EsotericMonk:

I can't see no picture
I'd resend it now

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ralphlauren:
Why not take him to another hospital since there’s been little improvement ?
I'll do just that. Thank you
Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
businessempire:
I'd resend it now
These are not prescriptions for malaria or typhoid. Its for ulcer. We can't say for certain if the injections you received are for the malaria or typhoid.
The test results would have also been helpful.
If there is no improvement on your brother, you may want to consider seeking medical attention elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother by businessempire: 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
EsotericMonk:

These are not prescriptions for malaria or typhoid. Its for ulcer. We can't say for certain if the injections you received are for the malaria or typhoid.
The test results would have also been helpful.
If there is no improvement on your brother, you may want to consider seeking medical attention elsewhere.
yes Sir, Ive bought the drugs and Hes doing better now. I'll observe him and update you guys later. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Natural Remedy For Irregular Mentration / The Best And Cheapest Treatment For Any Ailments.. / Chinese Govt Sued For $20 Trillion Over Spread Of Coronavirus Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.