Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Where Can Physiologist Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can Physiologist Work (13623 Views)

Roles Of A Physiologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can Physiologist Work by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
Pls friends, i need your answers.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by NwaChibuzor13: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2018
No where. As bad as it is, you don't even do IT or SIWES. Just burn that physiology certificate. I'm not trying to discourage you but its the ugly truth. Job prospect for that course is zero. As e bad reach e con hard die.

NB. I'm a physiologist.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Aphrikanna: 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
NwaChibuzor13:
No where. As bad as it is, you don't even do IT or SIWES. Just burn that physiology certificate. I'm not trying to discourage you but its the ugly truth. Job prospect for that course is zero. As e bad reach e con hard die.

NB. I'm a physiologist.
This is really the sad truth. I'm not even a physiologist. Bsc Public Health and derz no job for any of these non specific health professions. As a physiologist, a doctor or a nurse is probably already doing your job so

3 Likes

Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Sseenn: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
Lol and universities still admit and graduate people
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Newboss(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2018
Sseenn:
This sure made me feel like laughing angry angry
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 02, 2018
Depends oh
But na mainly lecturing work
Others na if u proceed for postgraduate studies then opportunities go open.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by NwaChibuzor13: 5:14am On Jan 02, 2018
Owomkpo:
Depends oh
Opportunities like? Bro if you know nothing about BMS don't come here and say thrash. Where you wan even do PG with physiology if its not anatomy, physiology or pharmacology? The course is dead on arrival. If you proceed with MSC, you'll be tempted to go for Phd and when you do, its most certain you'll become a lecturer. But saying you wan use the cert find job for labor market? Ur just deceiving urself.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by NwaChibuzor13: 5:25am On Jan 02, 2018
Sseenn:
Lol. The funniest thing is that all this kind course na university go give you nor ne you go choose am. I still remember my undergrad days, my cousin asked me what I was studying and when I told him he looked at me and said " na university give you the course abi?" grin "all those course wey nor dey get employment na university dey give person"

This my guy na horticulture he study for school. I was like how person go go school study flower and vegetable and still come out to boast he's a graduate.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2018
Owomkpo:
Depends oh
Explain the others pls..
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2018
NwaChibuzor13:

NB. I'm a physiologist.
Thanx Alot sir.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2018
Aphrikanna:

This is really the sad truth. I'm not even a physiologist. Bsc Public Health and derz no job for any of these non specific health professions. As a physiologist, a doctor or a nurse is probably already doing your job so
Thanx Alot sir, sounds foolish but, i got no clue of their job in the hospital seen u said its being done by a doctor.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by Olumayor0rigina: 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
It is not all graduates of physiology who don't have SIWES training. For example I am a physiology graduate from Lautech. We did SIWEs. Besides SIWEs, one of the objectives of BTech physiology was to equip students with skills in exercise physiology. I have worked in lab, gym and school of nursing as a scientific officer. I am currently a University lecturer. I think you should blame your school for your ordeal. Please don't generalize. I still believe hope is not lost for you in physiology as there are professional programs you can do that will make that so called useless certificate of yours useful and your four years of studying eventful. Thank you.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by realanda: 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Olumayor0rigina:
It is not all graduates of physiology who don't have SIWES training. For example I am a physiology graduate from Lautech. We did SIWEs. Besides SIWEs, one of the objectives of BTech physiology was to equip students with skills in exercise physiology. I have worked in lab, gym and school of nursing as a scientific officer. I am currently a University lecturer. I think you should blame your school for your ordeal. Please don't generalize. I still believe hope is not lost for you in physiology as there are professional programs you can do that will make that so called useless certificate of yours useful and your four years of studying eventful. Thank you.

Just saw your post and i am really encouraged. Please where can I get a place to work, even for free as a physiologist. I just need this to gain experience.
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by SeriouslySense(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Olumayor0rigina:

Please. if you care to share on what type of programs, that can be taken to boost the career pf a physiologist, I would highly appreciate thank you
Re: Where Can Physiologist Work by nnamdimania: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
Most of the information on the Physiology Profession in Nigeria are mostly false as they are either based on assumption or ignorance. Physiologists are already being employed in most Public and private health institutions across the country as Clinicians where they carry out specialized investigative procedures like ECG/EKG, Spirometry(Lung function Tests), Echocardiography, EEG, UBT, etc. You or your relative may have being attended to by a Medical Physiologist in any of these Health institutions but you probably didn't know.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Civil Engineers Come In Here Please / Great Friends' Zone / Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.