Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack (1625 Views)

30 ‘missing’ INEC Staff Found / Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by urboy1: 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
At least five soldiers have been killed and 30 missing in an evening attack on a military base in Kanamma town, headquarters of Yunusari local government area of Yobe state.

Boko Haram is suspected to have carried out the attack.

A top security source, who doesn't want to be named revealed to our correspondent that five dead bodies of soldiers have been recovered at attack scene.

"We lost five men in the attack, their bodies have been recovered hours after the terrorists were overpowered. But, about 30 soldiers are missing in action (MIA),” he said.

He said the insurgents nearly overran the base, but later overpowered by reinforcement that left large number of the insurgents killed with some fleeing the scene with bullet wounds.

A member of vigilante group, also told our correspondent that he saw five lifeless bodies of the soldiers taken in an ambulance by the military.

"I learnt that the corpses were taken to Damaturu or Maiduguri. Also, the insurgents took away 2 military vehicles. They were subdued by the help of fighter jet that killed many of them,” he said.

The Army spokesperson, 3 Division Nigeria Army, Colonel Kayode Ogunsanya confirmed the incident but denied any casualty in the attack.

"There was an attack on our troops two days ago by the Boko Haram Terrorists. The attack was repelled and our soldiers are in hot pursuit of the insurgents. No casualty was recorded on own side but insurgents escaped with gunshot wounds,” he said.

Boko Haram militants attacked the military base in Kanamma town on Sunday around 5:45 pm, an attack that lasted for over three hours.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/-bokoharam-5-soldiers-killed-30-missing-in-kanamma-attack.html
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by aminu790(m): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
Subhanallah

Finally in utter desperation
I prayed,
"God, I beg you to show us the truth of who's contributing to this situation.

2 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by enemybulldozer(m): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
Aftermath of python dance grin grin grin
Karma is at work grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by smulti(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
Goat will dance this time
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Blakjewelry(m): 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
At this time the army should be on high alart because it is time of the year bh will like to make a statement
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by DLuciano: 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
But were is Buratai, since the boko boys were technically defeated, have not been hearing of him, except for the crocodile tears and python dance.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Derawiz(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
Boko Haram has been technically defeated
- Buratai (Dec 2015)..

Are they govt incapable of getting rid of this menace or they're sparing them so each can have another reason to loot $1billion?
The poor soldiers are send to their death with meagre weapons Weapons. As long as their is a God somewhere, as long as the laws of nature remain, all who have led this country to doom would pay with their own blood. What goes around must surely come around..
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by loveth360(f): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ipob is the problem of nigeria.

And we must deal with them.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by loveth360(f): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
What is my business if five python died and many missing.

In this new year may God destroy every python in your life.
Iseeeee

4 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Paperwhite(m): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
Humn! Too back but karma is @ work.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by usba: 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ipob idiots already jubilating over their fellow anarchists failed attack. We shall prevail against them, all Nigeria's enemies shall burn.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by nely(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
MIA is the worst news family members can take about their son in the military. Rip to the dead and life to the MIA men.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by EternalTruths: 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
DLuciano:
But were is Buratai, since the boko boys were technically defeated, have not been hearing of him, except for the crocodile tears and python dance.

There was a rumor 4weeks ago that he has being crippled by Boko Haram bullets.

Have not seen him appear live on TV since then.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
Military base was attacked by insurgents.
Base was almost overran until reinforcements arrived and insurgents were eventually overpowered.
Military recorded 5 casualties.
Insurgents recorded more.

Guess what, everyone including Op is gloating over the death of Nigerian soldiers rather than focusing on the main issue.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by oduastates: 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
I wonder how these bastards are able to conduct large scale operations against the Nigerian army without forewarning.
The quality of the generals conducting the war have only barely improved .
The equipments I see with the soldiers are not good enough .
The welfare of the soldiers ,from the pictures, they post online is still bad.
Some of the equipments which could have been deployed are so cheap that you can get them on alibaba eBay for less than $5

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by NaijaMutant(f): 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
what a way to start a new year
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by cetzak: 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
Their end is near.Kudos to NA for keeping up .It is sad to celebrate the death of Soldiers fighting to protect us.please show some sympathy
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by sapientia(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
Operations all over the country to show force to civilians killing them.

Where is python and crocodile when you need them? So BH can launch a large scale attack on our military base and we wont know till they strike..

I hope this is not a ploy to justify withdrawing $1bn from ECA.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Saaruman(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
While boko haram are wrecking havoc claiming lives, vegetable and his Incompetent officials are busy dreaming about IPOB.
€3 million gift from buhari to boko haram has boosted the Terrorist moral.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Saaruman(m): 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Aftermath of python dance grin grin grin
Karma is at work grin grin grin
Like I said several times, action vegetable takes against IPOB is a plus to IPOB. Take this from me buhari's Operation Python dance in south east has Unified Igbos more than anyone could have imagine. Hundreds of thousands of Igbos who previously sold their souls for one Nigeria have renounce one Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by nnachukz(m): 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
Now, no more human sacrifice just for $1b. Take the $1b and stop the senseless killing to prove a point.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by freeze001(f): 12:52am On Jan 02, 2018
All of these are meant to provide criminal justification for wanting to lay their thieving paws on $1bn!
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by enemybulldozer(m): 5:09am On Jan 02, 2018
Saaruman:
Like I said several times, action vegetable takes against IPOB is a plus to IPOB. Take this from me buhari's Operation Python dance in south east has Unified Igbos more than anyone could have imagine. Hundreds of thousands of Igbos who previously sold their souls for one Nigeria have renounce one Nigeria. cheesy
I thought am the only one that noticed that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by mesoprogress(m): 5:47am On Jan 02, 2018
Nigeria soldiers are ill trained for Boko haram operations. Don't know if they even have intelligence and IR detectors. Their ground movement should be supported by an aerial vehicle /satellites well equipped to gather intelligence. Oh I forgot, we need to buy every piece of military equipment we need, and the West is selling us crap technologies(at exorbitant prices) in case if they need to invade Nigeria, it will be a work over.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by nawtyme: 5:49am On Jan 02, 2018
Yet they said Boko Haram has lost the ability to carry out any coordinated attack.
Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by Cjrane2: 6:06am On Jan 02, 2018
aminu790:
Subhanallah

Finally in utter desperation
I prayed,
"God, I beg you to show us the truth of who's contributing to this situation.

What is still saving our troops is that Boko Haram has not mastered the art of pincer attacks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pincer_movement If not, our troops won't even escape. It is better to negotiate with those guys now and give them what they ask for.
This regime is simply using Boko Haram as an excuse to continue stealing from the treasury to finance Buhari's re-election.

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: 5 Soldiers Killed, 30 Missing In Kanamma Attack by nawtyme: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2018
nnachukz:
Now, no more human sacrifice just for $1b. Take the $1b and stop the senseless killing to prove a point.
Correct me if I am wrong. But were you not among those who brought this government to power by lending support to them?

(1) (Reply)

Statement Of Declaration To Contest The Election Into The Federal House Of Reps / Igp Ibrahim Idris!- Hilarious Picture I Saw Online. / Mrs Adeosun 'Oluwole Certificate': Are the Yorubas Romancing with Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.