Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,963 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack (16592 Views)

Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush / Ambush Of Oil Workers: Corpses Of 18 Soldiers, 30 Others Arrive Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by chimamike01: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2018
An attack by Boko Haram on a military base in Yobe State Saturday night reportedly killed five soldiers and left about 30 others missing.
The army, however, denied it suffered any casualties.

“Yes, there was an attack on our troops two days ago by Boko Haram terrorists in Kannama town. It was, however, repelled. Our soldiers are in hot pursuit of the fleeing insurgents,” said Col. Kayode Ogunsanya, spokesman of 3 Division, Nigerian Army, in Damaturu, the state capital, yesterday.

But a credible top security source told The Guardian that about five soldiers were found dead and evacuated to Maiduguri, adding that about 30 others were still missing.

An eyewitness, Bukar, said the attackers arrived in seven Toyota Hilux vans. “We thought they were soldiers because everything about them was like soldiers, their dressing, their vehicles, everything. They passed through the town but did not touch anybody. They went straight to the military base. Then we started hearing heavy gunshots,” he said.

Meanwhile, Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima, at the weekend, ordered council chairmen and workers to return to liberated communities and restore civil authority.

He gave the directive while swearing in 27 local government caretaker chairmen at Government House, Maiduguri, noting he had instructed the Local Government Service Commission to put in place mechanisms to punish any worker who flouted the order.

The military’s Operation Lafiya Dole liberated over a dozen council areas including Ngala, a border community with Cameroon between 2014 and 2016.

Notwithstanding, all is not clear in some local government areas, like Marte, Abadam, Guzamala, Kala/Balge, Bama and Gwoza East.

The persisting atmosphere of caution over the entire state might have necessitated the need to nudge the officials into compliance.

“You should relocate to respective liberated communities, to ensure that civil authority is restored. The immediate relocation and return must be done alongside your workers,” said Shettima.

He also warned: “It is not yet time for politicking. Any government official that wants to embark on politicking should resign, because we are going on a massive provision of dividends of democracy to the people in the first six months of 2018.”

He told the officials: “You should move to your local government headquarters and swear in your councilors, with the exception of the chairmen of Marte and Abadam, whose communities are yet to be assessed for relocation.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/five-soldiers-killed-30-missing-in-yobe-boko-haram-attack/amp

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by bankyblue(m): 5:29am On Jan 02, 2018
Pmb be like; that one na e na problem this idiot way fall for okada na him be my own problem now

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by BudeYahooCom: 5:35am On Jan 02, 2018
Boko don suyalize the bullies.
When dey see boko they run but when dey see unarmed civilians they maltreat them. Cowardly korofos!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by odiereke(m): 5:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Too bad for this country at this period of New year

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mesoprogress(m): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2018
Nigeria soldiers are ill trained for Boko haram operations. Don't know if they even have intelligence and IR detectors. Their ground movement should be supported by an aerial vehicle /satellites well equipped to gather intelligence. Oh I forgot, we need to buy every piece of military equipment we need, and the West is selling us crap technologies(at exorbitant prices) in case if they need to invade Nigeria, it will be a work over.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 02, 2018
Possibilities:

- Are we retrogressing?
-;Are the surpressed news all open now?
- is the aim to justify $1bn ECA fund?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Karlovich: 5:50am On Jan 02, 2018
jubrin must perish for this, innocent people are dying and he is doing nothing. useless dullard

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nwodosis(m): 6:00am On Jan 02, 2018
Is Buhari really a military general? He was talking tough on Boko Haram and I thought he had the solution at hand but how wrong I was.

40 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by raker300: 6:10am On Jan 02, 2018
mesoprogress:
Nigeria soldiers are ill trained for Boko haram operations. Don't know if they even have intelligence and IR detectors. Their ground movement should be supported by an aerial vehicle /satellites well equipped to gather intelligence. Oh I forgot, we need to buy every piece of military equipment we need, and the West is selling us crap technologies(at exorbitant prices) in case if they need to invade Nigeria, it will be a work over.
but they’re well trained to kill innocent igbos in the east..

See their mouth

46 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mesoprogress(m): 6:17am On Jan 02, 2018
raker300:
but they’re well trained to killed innocent igbos in the east..

See their mouth

What they did in south east is indiscriminate killing, the little brother to genocide. You don't even need soldiers to attack defenceless civilians. Well armed robbers could have achieved worse outcomes. In the north, they are fighting armed terrorists. And the terrorists are equipped with western armory from Libya

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Baawaa(m): 6:25am On Jan 02, 2018
raker300:
but they’re well trained
to killed innocent igbos in the east..

See their mouth
Point of correction,Biafran miscreants,
See their heads like flat tyres grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by satelliteDISH(m): 6:39am On Jan 02, 2018
Baawaa:

Point of correction,Biafran miscreants,
See their heads like flat tyres grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In a civilised country it's the police that is sent to arrest and detain unarmed civilians and not the military.
U lack the moral rights to call them miscreants.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by zionmade1: 7:46am On Jan 02, 2018
VERY GOOD
We from damaturu are very satisfied with the president's new year speech. We will arm the speech with guns and bullets and it will save us from our home trained beasts. boko haram

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by otil1: 8:01am On Jan 02, 2018
Nwodosis:
Is Buhari really a military general? He was talking tough on Boko Haram and I thought he had the solution at hand but how wrong I was.

Buhari has not proved to be good in any department:

Not education for he remained certificateless
Not economy for he's the chief recessionist
Not business for he doesn't know how to make money and his 200cows remain so after many years
Not even ze oza room
Of course, not military for BH has rather grown

So, tell me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Omeokachie: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2018
$1b loading....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Leonbonapart(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2018
You can't be sane and be a Muslim.

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by madridguy(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2018
Buratai what is happening again?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Built2last: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2018
O my goodness
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by bedspread: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2018
I REALLY DINT UNDERSTAND THIS BOKO WAR ANYMORE....
Today u hear they are Defeated...
Tomorrow Soldiers get Missing...
It's Seriously Embarrassing....

IT IS WELL WITH NIGERIA... THATS ALL I KNOW

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by olamil34(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2018
I.G.U
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by millionboi2: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by UbanmeUdie: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2018
shocked

The insurgents are bunch of disappointments!

They should endeavour to kill more soldiers in their next attack. At least, if about 20-50 soldiers are killed, the mumu ogas won't be able to bluntly deny it.

The Nigerian Army and cover up stories are 5&6.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2018
Nawa.. bh bad o

I honestly don't wish for any of my relative to join the Nigerian Army. Boko harm are really nacking them. I just wonder how many soldiers have died in the hands of boko haram.

Nigeria no work at all .
Nigeria ain't truly a nation
Nigeria jaga jaga

Everything scatter scatter

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by koolgee(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2018
Unfortunate
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2018
Are we still on this?
What are they fighting for?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2018
An attack? these guys just refuse to give up.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by sotall(m): 10:12am On Jan 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Celestyn8213: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2018
wahala owa o
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by NaoSlay: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack: Resort To Violence Cannot Save You- PDP Tells Yahaya Bello / Ugwuanyi Inspects 600-Seater Enugu Banquet Hall (Photos) / 2023: Lagos CAN President Denies Endorsing Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.