Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React (37625 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Rocks Cleavage-Baring Dress For Rokmetour Meet And Greet In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2018
crazygod:
The cloth could even be two of a kind. The so called bride goofed.

I pray the same happens to your bride on her wedding day. Didn't you read where the bride said she bought the fabric herself and way billed it to the devlish tailor?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by enemmo(f): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2018
nawtyme:

I don't understand what you mean.

I go to a tailor and see a fabric that I love. I negotiate for it and pay. Now you are asking her to apologize for that?
Do you think the greedy tailor told her the true story behind the fabric?
She should only apologize if she was aware that it belongs to someone else and she went ahead to pay a higher price to acquire the clothes. This can only be confirmed by the tailor.
As for tarnishing her brand, so many other useless and irrelevant things have tarnished the brand names of others. But if you go ahead to de-brand someone after hearing from one party, then you should have you head checked.

I'm trying to be objective.

The designer is at fault yes.

Mercy probably didn't know but now that she knows, she should at least issue a statement about the matter.

Trust me as we speak, her name is being tarnished. She should strike while the fire is hot, even try to meet the lady in question and everything will die down.

As for the designer , I have no words..lawsuit fall on her.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by daveP(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2018
dominique:
They should leave her alone, she didn't ask the greedy designer to hijack someone else's dress for her. Designers sometimes give their works to celebs to model for them, this particular unprofessional one went on to give out a cloth meant for someone else. The entire blame should go to the designer and not the client, she has messed up her business big time.
Are you justifying the freelunch in freetown idea? She's done it always. Why would i be that comfy to the extent of a birthday shoot with someone else's cloth for that matter? Not 1,2,3,4,5 times? Naso i poor/stupid reach? Simply coveteousness!! Mercy need 'restore factory settings'

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by amokeme(f): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2018
brainpulse:
angry People in this part of the world are damn too dumb and illiterates. The designer actually used the artist as market photo shot or model for his/her design and the artist will be paid for the photo shot. It is done all over the world. The designer reserve the rights to model with his/ her design except you plead/pay extra charges for you cloth not to be used for model.
How can she steal a cloth and the tailor didn't report to the police.
And people's comments here also very dull
Some didn't even read the story well, but the Nigerian youth syndrome... They gladly hate collectively on someone perceived to be better than they are, or living the life they hope to live. And they do it blindly but with joy. Most of the hate comments on her page are from women.
I don't know if they don't realise how silly they are, I mean, how can you go to someone's page on social media, followed the person, write a hate comment, with your own data undecided leaders of tomorrow indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2018
brainpulse:
angry People in this part of the world are damn too dumb and illiterates. The designer actually used the artist as market photo shot or model for his/her design and the artist will be paid for the photo shot. It is done all over the world. The designer reserve the rights to model with his/ her design except you plead/pay extra charges for you cloth not to be used for model.
You are being insensitive. No tailor has the right to use another persons material and cloth which was duly paid for for a photoshoot without the approval of the owner. If you don’t know shit then don’t talk.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2018
Richy4:
People and ignorance.. undecided. So that person might be thinking that most of those clothes the international celebrities wear belongs to them?...

designers use the celebs to show case what they can create.. and any interested individual can always ask them who the designer was so that they can patronize them..
You are very correct but that is only done when the designer only sews for showcase and not when the cloth belongs to another client.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by laudate: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2018
amokeme:
Some didn't even read the story well, but the Nigerian youth syndrome... They gladly hate collectively on someone perceived to be better than they are, or living the life they hope to live. And they do it blindly but with joy. Most of the hate comments on her page are from women.
I don't know if they don't realise how silly they are, I mean, how can you go to someone's page on social media, followed the person, write a hate comment, with your own data undecided leaders of tomorrow indeed.
Are you ok? Do you know the genesis of the whole story? Do your research before spewing this kind of drivel, please? Why would someone set up a page on social media, if he/she didn't want others to comment on it? So a follower can only go on someone's social media page, to post compliments using their own data, but cannot post criticism using the same data?

Jointhemiltons2:

You are being insensitive. No tailor has the right to use another persons material and cloth which was duly paid for for a photoshoot without the approval of the owner. If you don’t know shit then don’t talk.

Tell dem!! sad

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2018
nawtyme:

I don't understand what you mean.

I go to a tailor and see a fabric that I love. I negotiate for it and pay. Now you are asking her to apologize for that?
Do you think the greedy tailor told her the true story behind the fabric?
She should only apologize if she was aware that it belongs to someone else and she went ahead to pay a higher price to acquire the clothes. This can only be confirmed by the tailor.
As for tarnishing her brand, so many other useless and irrelevant things have tarnished the brand names of others. But if you go ahead to de-brand someone after hearing from one party, then you should have you head checked.
Actually that is why she needs to apologize if she’s not at fault. At least she can apologize if she wsnt aware it belongs to someone else.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
daveP:
Are you justifying the freelunch in freetown idea? She's done it always. Why would i be that comfy to the extent of a birthday shoot with someone else's cloth for that matter? Not 1,2,3,4,5 times? Naso i poor/stupid reach? Simply coveteousness!! Mercy need 'restore factory settings'

You still don't get it do you? Most celebs be it Hollywood or nollywood model dresses for various designers for photoshoots and red carpet events. It's part of the business and has nothing to do with being broke. Mercy sells clothes, she could have easily posed for photos in the clothes in her boutique but she was approached by a designer to model on of her works and she complied. Should Mercy have interrogated the designer about the ownership of the dress?

I'm not a fan of all these pancake celebrities but i won't hate on them unnecessarily especially over something that's not their fault. The designer really messed up but it's Mercy people are dragging all over the place, totally unfair.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by dominique(f): 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
enemmo:

I'm trying to be objective.

The designer is at fault yes.

Mercy probably didn't know but now that she knows, she should at least issue a statement about the matter.

Trust me as we speak, her name is being tarnished. She should strike while the fire is hot, even try to meet the lady in question and everything will die down.

As for the designer , I have no words..lawsuit fall on her.

I agree, she should have released a public statement by now.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by daveP(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
dominique:

You still don't get it do you? Most celebs be it Hollywood or nollywood model dresses for various designers for photoshoots and red carpet events. It's part of the business and has nothing to do with being broke. Mercy sells clothes, she could have easily posed for photos in the clothes in her boutique but she was approached by a designer to model on of her works and she complied. Should Mercy have interrogated the designer about the ownership of the dress?

I'm not a fan of all these pancake celebrities but i won't hate on them unnecessarily especially over something that's not their fault. The designer really messed up but it's Mercy people are dragging all over the place, totally unfair.
She should have use her own na. If it wasnt becoming a sickening habit, why was she comfy with the idea? This is a sue-able offence, and though the designer takes more blame, Mercy would stop this altogether.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by laudate: 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
dominique:

So why has Mercy Aigbe kept quiet and locked her account, instead of going public to clarify the issue and save her reputation? Is that how little her reputation means to her??

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by iamdotune(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
brainpulse:
you are typing gibberish, the designer wasn’t the owner of the design or the material in the first place, the bride gave everything to the designer to make her sew it

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by iamdotune(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
laudate:

So why has Mercy Aigbe kept quiet and locked her account, instead of going public to clarify the issue and save her reputation? Is that how little her reputation means to her??
sometimes you just have to ignore ignorant ppl bro
You can’t expect her to have time to start explaining herself to you guys who has time for that when y’all are tired you will shut the Bleep up
And not clarifying issue doesn’t mean she’s spoiling her reputation cause she’s not the tailor and they didn’t write “brides to be clothe” on the gown
She didn’t force it from anyone blame the designer
Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by cescky(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
dominique:

Do you think she would have worn the cloth knowing fully well that it belonged to a bride? Designers showcase their works using celebs all the time, so giving out a dress to a celeb for her birthday is not strange. If anybody should be issuing an apology, it should be the designer

With all your years on nairaland...at least learn something called dignity and integrity..The present day oyinbos have been apologiisng to the black race for racism of the forefathers...etc these are things they the present people knew nothing about...but it's summarised as human dignity...it what makes a human being above a dog or an animal..yes it's not mercy's fault..but come on ..be sensitive. Ok let her not issue an apology, but for you to come up the next day and still psot pics....trick please she's classless like all her supporter's...what can I say , when one stays too long in a shit house, the smell of shit becomes normal to him, Nigeria is a shit house and anything goes

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by laudate: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
iamdotune:
sometimes you just have to ignore ignorant ppl bro
You can’t expect her to have time to start explaining herself to you guys who has time for that when y’all are tired you will shut the Bleep up
And not clarifying issue doesn’t mean she’s spoiling her reputation cause she’s not the tailor and they didn’t write “brides to be clothe” on the gown
She didn’t force it from anyone blame the designer

Mercy Aigbe has become notorious for doing such things, my guy. Do a Google search on how many clashes she has had with others, over similar issues. Not saying she is guilty, but there is definitely a trend going on here..... sad

I believe that Mercy Aigbe colluded with the designer on this one, as the prospective bride went online and revealed series of chats, as well as messages exchanged showing photographs of the fabric, the dress and all what transpired between her and the designer. Don't forget it was the same designer that gave Mercy this same red dress she wore, which sparked off the controversy.....

If you were in her shoes, and you knew you were innocent of the allegations being made to tarnish your reputation, would you respond to set the facts straight and clear your name, or would you keep quiet, and let your reputation take a bashing?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Rocks Feather Dress: "Borrow Pose" Fans React by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Google the story and read. The bride bought the fabric and sent it to this tailor to sew. The bride never got the dress and had to wear something else. Your comment is the dull one.
point of correction she bought the chickens not fabric

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Launches Her Kitchen Show (photos) / Janemena Celebrates Fiancé's Birthday With Sexy Video, Celebrities, Fans React / Special Spesh Calls Out Skiibii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.