Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,831 members, 7,841,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling (878 Views)

Deadspace 2 Ps3 For Swap. / PS3 Games For Sale @ Reasonable Price!! (Battlefield 3 & Crysis 2) / Crytek: Crysis 2 Will Look "incredible" On Ps3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling by kosovo(m): 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
Crytek has claimed that it's NewYork-based FPS sequel Crysis 2 will bring an unbeatable new visual quality to the PS3

The console has been spolit in recent months with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III each setting new graphical standards. However, lead Playstation 3 programmer Michael Glück is confident that Crysis 2 will exceed anything that has gone before.

"With each generation of game titles on PS3, usually every 2 years, the games improve significantly in its quality, mostly showing off in graphics," Glück told Play Magazine. "I think with Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar being set at a very high level that games will struggle to excel. We’re aiming to set a whole new benchmark with that game for all PS3 games."

The Crytek dev doesn't think that there will be much room for improvement in future games either. "Still with an AAA title shipped on PS3, you get the chance to improve further, so the next game developed with CryEngine 3 after Crysis 2 on PS3 will not be worse and rather be more polished and have higher quality in all areas. However, it is unlikely to see a major improvement in graphics as we try to not cut any graphical feature and rather optimize it until it becomes feasible. So I expect more density of game elements, physic effect, more interaction, but the major graphics quality will not be significantly improved."

The original Crysis was a PC powerhouse which looked so great that gamers willingly upgraded PCs and graphics cards just to play it. Check out the recent Crysis 2 screens to see what you think, and look out for our preview on the game soon,

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2871/crysis-2-ps3-will-hit-graphical-ceiling
Re: Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling by cantell(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^Ps3 is driving you crazy. You need to take it easy.
All your threads in gaming are always about Ps3. Its turning into obsession.
Give it a break!
Re: Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling by kosovo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^^
Obviously, you have not been following my threads, my diversity and unbiased postings can't be Matched!
Re: Crysis 2 Ps3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling by cantell(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
Unbiased postings? Like in the gaming thread where you were arguing about Ps3 & X360?
I've played both games and each has its own advantage over the other.
But you're giving Ps3 way too much credit.
But i guess you've taking a great deal of liking for Ps3 and nothin anyone says would change your mind.

(1) (Reply)

Any Rainbow Six Seige Palyers Here? / Excluding Playstore Where Can I Install San Andreas For My Android Phone / Hack Your Ps4 With The Latest Ps4 Games.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.